Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC15 January 2018
This was a terrible place to work mainly based on the decisions made by management. With a high turnover rate for management, I feel like managers/supervisors came in with the intention to prove themselves worthy by any means necessary. The current GM is the reason I left. With over the top micromanagement, passive aggressive remarks, constant disregard for availability restrictions and over scheduling of servers, this place was terrible. Not only did I not feel safe to breathe or make any slight mistake at this place, I also made no money because there would be six servers on with no customs in the restaurant. I wouldn't work here again
Pros
friendly co-workers, friendly regulars
Cons
horrible management
Awesome
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2017
Moxies is a really great place for anyone to work. Its a fun environment with high standards. You can work as much or as little as you'd like. They like to promote from within.
Server
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2017
Typical day would include a 5-6 table section (or as many as you feel comfortable with). The management is suer helpful and allows you to take your time to learn and be your best. the hardest part of the job would be, not having time to eat and getting fatigued pretty quickly. But the best part of the job is probably the people and getting to know so many new faces.
Pros
Staff is really nice, easy to get along with and people are always willing to help
Cons
long hours, dont always get a break
good
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 November 2017
moxies was an excellent place to work. i would recommend working there to anyone who is interested in a culinary position. the management were grate and there is lots of room for advancement,
fun place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2017
Good place to work, pretty high turner for staff, generally pretty busy place, everyone works as a team player, everyone is typically pretty nice, generally have fun days
Good First Job
Dinner Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 October 2017
This was my first job, was a good experience meeting new people and learning about the restaurant industry. For the amount of work this industry is you get very little compensation
Stay for the friends, not the management.
Line Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 October 2017
Direct supervisor is a cool guy.
Kitchen Manager is a complete goof. Yells, throws fits, is always upset. Not fun to be around if you aren't just like him.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Never get enough hours. Work is highly stressful.
Moxies bar & Grill
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON18 October 2017
When I worked at moxies bar and grill the staff was amazing and I was very impressed by the cleanliness standards. Was a great place to work for. I would highly recommend anyone to work there. Very fast paced and fantastic place to work.
Lively work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2017
Moxies was a great work environment for a server. Clientele could be sub-par at time but the job culture and energy of the staff there is truly a morale boost on slow nights.
A great place to work in
DJ (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 October 2017
Being at Moxies for over 20 plus years made me feel happy inside. Working with an amazing management team helped my job easier. I've learned a lot from them, from being professional with other co-workers and customers.
Pros
the staff
Cons
less hours
Very demanding
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St.albert trail alberta11 October 2017
Management can be a cluster of nonsense, as well as staff being incompetent. However hours are decent, and if you require lots of work you'l for sure receive it.
Pros
decent tips
Cons
everything else
Summary
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 October 2017
Man, I learned alot about the how the food industry works. It was a fantastical place, all the staff is amazing and management is outstanding. They are make sure that every staff member and customer is looked after and enjoying the experience. I never had any problems, and with every job I've worked at this is the one I would 100% recommend to anyone. I've never been so impressed with how a bussiness runs, and the values they carry. Well done moxies!!
Exciting environment in a fast-paced restaurant inside a downtown event center.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 October 2017
The restaurant was located inside a popular event centre in the downtown are of Winnipeg, so there were constantly events like concerts, hockey games, and conventions going on that brought many different types of customers through the doors.
Coworkers were amazing, Management was horrible
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2017
I became very aware of everything going on in our restaurant, I was a hostess leader therefore i trained most of the new hostesses. Management was absolutely terrible. Mixes managers did not know how to speak to their employees.
Pros
awesome people
Cons
management
stressful, highpace environment
Steward (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC18 September 2017
very sexist management at this location.if you're a female you're either washing dishes or serving food. the head chef quote on quote "girls cant cook and shouldn't cook its a man thing"
Pros
good pay, busy constantly
Cons
no breaks, sexism in the workplce
great enviroment with high demands
Server, Bartender, and Front of House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2017
Great enviroment for those who can stomach it, long hours and effort are sometimes required . Those who are dedicated and excel are moved up quickly. Great people
Pros
good people
Fantastic system
Supervisor, Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON29 August 2017
Great culture, great staff. Fun job with a lot of benefits of working there. Management gives you the chance to advance. Learned a lot about the industry from the first day I started.
Pros
Career advancement
productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 August 2017
Everyone is very friendly and welcoming. Day consists of taking orders from guests and making them feel welcome while being hospitable. Management is very flexible with working hours.
Great enviroment
Prep Cook/Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2017
Moxies was a really fun and great place to work, the staff were really easy going and helped teach me how to use everything and get going. Long hours but once i worked my way up in the process my job got easier and better.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hot kitchen
Hard work for low pay
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax16 August 2017
Liked the job but over a year and no raises given, even after a year of the Culinary Arts Program, felt let down with the industry.

The co-workers made the job more fun than it would have been.
Pros
like to cook
Cons
hard work low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moxie's Grill & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.