Moxie's Classic Grill

Moxie's Classic Grill Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast-pace and worth it.
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 7, 2014
Moxie's has exceedingly high expectations of their employees. The days were long and the nights even longer. It is a fast paced environment with hardly any opportunity for break. That being said- it was a blast to be employed by Moxie's while in school. It is the perfect environment for a student, with it's young staff, party environment, odd shift – more... hours and tips. – less
Fun place to work, with good line cooks
Line Cook (Former Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 29, 2013
Cons: long hours
We were worked hard and had fun doing it. I had issues comunicating with management because they were so busy with other issues. I enjoyed my experience there but wish there was more communication.
Productive and Fun
OFFICE MANAGER/ COCTAIL SERVER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2013
I had the opportunity to advance in moxie's thanks to all the great people I met along the way. It was such a fun and entertaining place to work most days were always smiles everywhere.
Depends...
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 24, 2013
Pros: hugh benefit.
All situation depends on you.
Don't take this job,If you want step up your culinary future.
Take this job,If you want hugh benefit and good life balance without money wise .
Management is stupid.
Too cheep.
Fun
line cook (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 22, 2013
Pros: good staff and good activities
Cons: some time no rest always busy.
I've worked for Moxie's Classic Grill for 5 years now and in those five years I can tell you this if you're looking for a challenge and a fun place to work be guarantee Moxie's is the place.
Great food, Great people
Line Cook (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2013
I start the day by stocking and preparing food items in need for revenue and for night/morning staff members. Once opening tasks are complete and the store has opened I make orders for guests in a safe and timely manner. When my station is slower I make sure I quickly help other team members who are in need. When revenue is over I restock the stations – more... and do a line clean up. This includes sweeping and mopping the floor, wiping the counters and handles with appropriate cleaning supplies.
I have learned a lot working here such as certain cooking techniques, preparing for mass sales, time management abilities and how to use kitchen and cleaning equipment properly. Another thing that I have learned is that by working well with others you will succeed to great extents at tasks at hand. We are a family at Moxie's and always help one another out which is the greatest part about this job. – less
Typical Dishwashing job
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCMay 17, 2013
No complaints here, was treated respectfully. Typical dishwashing job seen in every restaurant.
Exciting work envorinnoment with fascinating guests.
Server, Coordinator & Hostess Supervisor (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 22, 2013
Pros: guest interation
Cons: unpredictable hours
My job is always lively and demanding but always rewarding. We work short hours that are intensive because we don't just serve food we create a familiar environment to even first guest. We believe that guest connections is an even stronger asset than the food. Management is helpful, never micromanaging but are quick to help without hesitation. The hardest – more... part of the job is living up to personal standards of guest service in times of over-extending. The most enjoyable part is the instant gratification that my guest, whether the retired couple, the young family with small children or the business people in for a short swift lunch. – less
If you are a brown nosing yes man, this is the place for you.
Kitchen (Former Employee), Barrie, OnFebruary 5, 2013
Only reason their pay was at all decent was their tip pool structure, which they hold over your head, if you do anything that displeases them they take it away. Upper Management and Ownership need some social education.
fast paced with competitive wages
Prep Cook/Baker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: organization
Cons: long hours, lack of job security
busy, fast paced and organized working environment
great compensation
not enough employees
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: good white chocolate brownie
Cons: food quality is not their top priority
It's very confusing working there. Everyone is ether a manager, or supervisory, or sous chef, or KM. You start to wonder if you are the only employee! And their focus is not on the food but having beautiful people in the front of house.