Moxie's Classic Grill Employee Reviews

Fun place with great employees
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 June 2017
Great hours along with you get a chance to work with amazing people and make great friends that can always help you out when it comes to covering a shift.
Opportunity for young women to make fast cash
HOSTESS/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2017
Moxie's caters to all demographics, providing both a dinning room and lounge experience to their variety of clients. It is relatively easy to set your own schedule and a very social environment. The downside is there is a lack of glamour working in the food industry on the back end that is not visible to clientele, and unless you plan to secure a job in Food Services Management, there is little room to grow or options in positions.
Pros
Flexible schedule, very social.
Cons
Food industry, demanding customer base.
great place to work
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
It is a good company to work for. flexible with scheduling. Good place to grow. Good Place to learn. Friendly staff and good working atmosphere. Has an opportunity to grow.
one of the best places i have worked.
Cash Supervisor/Payroll Assistant/Server (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 March 2017
I love working with this company, i have had alot of room to move around, my managers have felt like aunts and uncles I can talk to them about mostly anything and the staff that i work with are like my sisters and brothers, we all share stories life issues we always turn to each other for advice. I would love to stay here for ever, but at a certain time in life people have to explore more options and expend their horizon. Also at my age i would like to explore something new and a little more age appropriate.
Nice people
Prep cook,Line cook,supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
Good environment. But inconsistent hours. A typical day would start at 730 and go till anywhere from 1pm to 8pm. I learned how to become a teams player with any personality type.
Good place to work, good salary
Culinary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 March 2017
There is room for advancement and improvement. Salary is good. There are Lots to learn. Most staff are good to work with and there is team work most of the time.
Pros
free food for long hour shifts
Cons
some schedule problems
fun friendly local
Office and Server (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 February 2017
high volume but made to feel like you are important and special
great food ! wonderful owner manager. made many friends for life working here
Decent place to work
Server & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 October 2016
It was a fun company to work for. Charity golf tournaments were awesome. They had some strict rules like no putting your hair up... like not at all. Not even a bobbi pin. Also, got in trouble for wearing a skirt that was "too long" even though it was much shorter than knee length. One girl got told to wear more makeup.
good place to work
Cook & Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB28 May 2016
people are good,team work,food are good,cleaning,busy moxies in edmonton,managment are good,giving good pay to staff n treating them nicly,training new staff with full pay
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hour
it was like any typical restaurant
Prep Cook and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2015
It was good experience, learned a lot about myself...what I wanted or didn't want as far as work and quality of life. Must work at a fast pace, be organized, work well under pressure, take pride in your work, exercise great level of cleanliness.
Pros
had a good boss
Cons
not enough hours to pay my bills
good work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Square one18 July 2015
Cooked and served for two years. Great place to work. Not really into the Hotel and restaurant management industry anymore
Work place where u have fun while handling pressure
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 June 2015
My day starts with a prep chart. taking account of the balance stock and making a list to prepare the items for the day. Management always look for the employees comfort at work. So the process they have designed is simple and easy. If I have any confusion I can even ask the co workers as they all are very supportive. There is no hardest part at work because people enjoy working their.
Pros
eam work
Cons
No Meals provided
Great environment and positive experiences
Culinary Dishwasher / Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton15 June 2015
Working as a dishwasher and line cook as my starting job was initially overbearing, but as I began to understand the rhythm of the environment it becomes easy to maintain a clean workspace. Both front and back of the house were extremely generous and respectful to their roles and responsibilities, as well as to the people around them. I managed to gain a sense of communication, enthusiasm, a "get 'er done" mindset, and an overall joy for working in the kitchen. Though my commitment to post secondary forced me to quit working for Moxie's, I would have stayed longer. Visiting the restaurant often, my former colleagues have since become my friends. The hardest part of the job was keeping up to dinner rushes at times, but knowing each day you've accomplished something makes you come back for more.
Pros
Amazing family of co-workers
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Productive, awesome team working people and fun loving people.
Prep Cook/ Line cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, Canada4 May 2015
Whenever it comes to work I would like to go back to that country and specially Moxie's Classic Grill(Dixon Road) to work. It was always a fun day working there. Starting with the day a person learns a lot to shape his/her inner skills. The hardest part of the job (for me) was to leave that place and move out due to some of the reasons. Well and yes the best and most exciting part of the job was the team, the co-workers. They all were like brothers to me. Always helpful and ready to stand along with you in any of the situation. I guess Moxies(Dixon Road) was the best part of my life till date!
Pros
Good environment, Happy go lucky people
Cons
Long prep lists to finish :/
terrible
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2015
bad is the best way to describe everything about the moxies in square one. everyone that works there likes it for a few weeks , then ,like me , they leave.
New management in place is eradicating existing corporate culture and practices, alienating all long-term staff.
Supervisor/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 January 2015
The best part of any workplace is the people. The employees here are typically very hard working and willing to do what it takes to complete their jobs. Often enough there are many obstacles getting in the way, like a few $7,500 revenue hours back to back, or dealing with spies filming the aftermath and uploading biased views of safe work practices, hygiene and operational standards. At the end of the day, you gather everyone up and encourage them to swing the hammer one more time to drive the nail the rest of the way,

The best part of the job is working with people that are constantly willing to improve. As a senior member of the team, it makes my day when a newer employee asks for help or an explanation. As it is a kitchen, there ought to be an unlimited amount of questions and answers.

The worst part of the job are is the new wave of management that was brought in. Not once did they appear to stop and consider the existing culture in the company, but went in full force attempting to change everything all at once. This has led to the alienation of all long-term staff.
Great Place to work at!
FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 January 2015
Moxie's was a great place to work at, staff and other management were great. It was unfortunate I left for a higher Position and pay. Staff morel was on point and the training process is amazing for all staff members. Very organized and controlled with a family vibe.
A busy large restaurant, with lots going on in the kitchen
Preparation Cook (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC11 December 2014
A typical day would be preparing my work area in the morning, cleaning it all down with sanitizer, then getting things in the oven such as ribs, or other things that took a number of time to cook, turkey ect... Followed by preparing multiple recipes throughout the day (sauces, wraps, salads,realistically everything was prepared by me and the other preparation cook, for the cooks to cook, I had to learn proper knife technique, and often diced up lots of squid, chicken, in various ways. And then of course clean up at the end of the day.

I learned many recipes, there was about 100 recipes at least in the recipe book, and I made just about everything in the book at one time or another.

Management was agreeable but strict, a busy kitchen environment, errors were certainly criticized to some degree, as it would waste time to have to start something over again, or if you left out an ingredient, ect..

Co-workers were diligent, and worked well as a team, communication in a busy kitchen was very important, and even just going behind someone you had to notify them.

The hardest part was working on sales day or during the summer, it was hot in the kitchen and employees had to mandatory drink water through the day. On busy days with lots of employees I sometimes had very little time in between each thing I was preparing. I always kept my cool and worked diligently, but there were stressful days.

The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing a recipe perfectly, or getting a step ahead of your jobs to take a relaxing break, often got food as well to eat, that was extra.
Amazing place to learn and grow
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2014
-Great culture connection
-Amazing development program
-Creative Management Team
-Flexible with the hours
-Work hard play hard
Pros
Great people, growth opportunity
A good experience of working in the kitchen
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2014
Co-op students are treated differently I guess.. Overall it was a good experience but not something I'd want to do in the future.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Heavy duties, monotonic work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moxie's Classic Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Moxie's Classic Grill Reviews by Location