Moxie's Classic Grill Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Server & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 October 2016
It was a fun company to work for. Charity golf tournaments were awesome. They had some strict rules like no putting your hair up... like not at all. Not even a bobbi pin. Also, got in trouble for wearing a skirt that was "too long" even though it was much shorter than knee length. One girl got told to wear more makeup.
good place to work
Cook & Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB28 May 2016
people are good,team work,food are good,cleaning,busy moxies in edmonton,managment are good,giving good pay to staff n treating them nicly,training new staff with full pay
Pros
free meal
Cons
8 hour
it was like any typical restaurant
Prep Cook and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2015
It was good experience, learned a lot about myself...what I wanted or didn't want as far as work and quality of life. Must work at a fast pace, be organized, work well under pressure, take pride in your work, exercise great level of cleanliness.
Pros
had a good boss
Cons
not enough hours to pay my bills
Work place where u have fun while handling pressure
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 June 2015
My day starts with a prep chart. taking account of the balance stock and making a list to prepare the items for the day. Management always look for the employees comfort at work. So the process they have designed is simple and easy. If I have any confusion I can even ask the co workers as they all are very supportive. There is no hardest part at work because people enjoy working their.
Pros
eam work
Cons
No Meals provided
Productive, awesome team working people and fun loving people.
Prep Cook/ Line cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario, Canada4 May 2015
Whenever it comes to work I would like to go back to that country and specially Moxie's Classic Grill(Dixon Road) to work. It was always a fun day working there. Starting with the day a person learns a lot to shape his/her inner skills. The hardest part of the job (for me) was to leave that place and move out due to some of the reasons. Well and yes the best and most exciting part of the job was the team, the co-workers. They all were like brothers to me. Always helpful and ready to stand along with you in any of the situation. I guess Moxies(Dixon Road) was the best part of my life till date!
Pros
Good environment, Happy go lucky people
Cons
Long prep lists to finish :/
Great environment and positive experiences
Culinary Dishwasher / Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton15 June 2015
Working as a dishwasher and line cook as my starting job was initially overbearing, but as I began to understand the rhythm of the environment it becomes easy to maintain a clean workspace. Both front and back of the house were extremely generous and respectful to their roles and responsibilities, as well as to the people around them. I managed to gain a sense of communication, enthusiasm, a "get 'er done" mindset, and an overall joy for working in the kitchen. Though my commitment to post secondary forced me to quit working for Moxie's, I would have stayed longer. Visiting the restaurant often, my former colleagues have since become my friends. The hardest part of the job was keeping up to dinner rushes at times, but knowing each day you've accomplished something makes you come back for more.
Pros
Amazing family of co-workers
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Productive and fun environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2014
A very friendly environment to work in! Management was great! You get to meet alot of intresting people on the daily, hardest part about the job is when it is not busy, and your stuck with nothing to do!! most enjoyable part is connecting with the guest (costumers), especially those who come in having a bad day and you have them leaving the resteraunt completely oppsosite!
Pros
the workplace is one huge great family!
Cons
at times the clientel are not aware of the standards of tipping your server.
Exciting work envorinnoment with fascinating guests.
Server, Coordinator & Hostess Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 April 2013
My job is always lively and demanding but always rewarding. We work short hours that are intensive because we don't just serve food we create a familiar environment to even first guest. We believe that guest connections is an even stronger asset than the food. Management is helpful, never micromanaging but are quick to help without hesitation. The hardest part of the job is living up to personal standards of guest service in times of over-extending. The most enjoyable part is the instant gratification that my guest, whether the retired couple, the young family with small children or the business people in for a short swift lunch.
Pros
guest interation
Cons
unpredictable hours
Fast-pace and worth it.
Cocktail Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 April 2014
Moxie's has exceedingly high expectations of their employees. The days were long and the nights even longer. It is a fast paced environment with hardly any opportunity for break. That being said- it was a blast to be employed by Moxie's while in school. It is the perfect environment for a student, with it's young staff, party environment, odd shift hours and tips.
Fun workplace, very fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta15 January 2014
A typical day at work for me would be seating guests, cleaning tables, running food, and when there was a bit of time, socializing with the many friends that I made working there.
The managers were all great, all very fun to be around. Never too overbearing, but they expected all the staff to do their jobs diligently, so as long as the requirements were being met daily, the relationship between the managers and employees was great. The hardest part for me would probably be the long hours, in heels, and having to do it all with a permanent smile on your face. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely how tight knit everyone was. Literally everyone at the workplace was friends, you could count on anyone to help you when you needed it, and then you had people to hangout with afterwards. It was great.
Pros
Free meals occasionally
Cons
Rude customers
Great food, Great people
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 June 2013
I start the day by stocking and preparing food items in need for revenue and for night/morning staff members. Once opening tasks are complete and the store has opened I make orders for guests in a safe and timely manner. When my station is slower I make sure I quickly help other team members who are in need. When revenue is over I restock the stations and do a line clean up. This includes sweeping and mopping the floor, wiping the counters and handles with appropriate cleaning supplies.
I have learned a lot working here such as certain cooking techniques, preparing for mass sales, time management abilities and how to use kitchen and cleaning equipment properly. Another thing that I have learned is that by working well with others you will succeed to great extents at tasks at hand. We are a family at Moxie's and always help one another out which is the greatest part about this job.
Great Place to work at!
FOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 January 2015
Moxie's was a great place to work at, staff and other management were great. It was unfortunate I left for a higher Position and pay. Staff morel was on point and the training process is amazing for all staff members. Very organized and controlled with a family vibe.
not enough employees
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 September 2012
It's very confusing working there. Everyone is ether a manager, or supervisory, or sous chef, or KM. You start to wonder if you are the only employee! And their focus is not on the food but having beautiful people in the front of house.
Pros
good white chocolate brownie
Cons
food quality is not their top priority
good work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Square one18 July 2015
Cooked and served for two years. Great place to work. Not really into the Hotel and restaurant management industry anymore
If you are a brown nosing yes man, this is the place for you.
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Barrie, On5 February 2013
Only reason their pay was at all decent was their tip pool structure, which they hold over your head, if you do anything that displeases them they take it away. Upper Management and Ownership need some social education.
Fun place to work, with good line cooks
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 November 2013
We were worked hard and had fun doing it. I had issues comunicating with management because they were so busy with other issues. I enjoyed my experience there but wish there was more communication.
Cons
Long Hours
Fun
line cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2013
I've worked for Moxie's Classic Grill for 5 years now and in those five years I can tell you this if you're looking for a challenge and a fun place to work be guarantee Moxie's is the place.
Pros
Good Staff and good activities
Cons
Some time no rest always busy.
A good experience of working in the kitchen
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2014
Co-op students are treated differently I guess.. Overall it was a good experience but not something I'd want to do in the future.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Heavy duties, monotonic work
Amazing place to learn and grow
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2014
-Great culture connection
-Amazing development program
-Creative Management Team
-Flexible with the hours
-Work hard play hard
Pros
Great people, growth opportunity
Depends...
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2013
All situation depends on you.
Don't take this job,If you want step up your culinary future.
Take this job,If you want hugh benefit and good life balance without money wise .
Management is stupid.
Too cheep.
Pros
Hugh benefit.