Purpose of the Role:
The role holder will work in partnership with the global management teams at MPC to ensure that regional priorities are delivered from a global team perspective - accessing global talent pools.
Key to this role is to support the Head of Recruitment to deliver flexible, creative and responsive solutions to hire the best global talent available, within budget and to meet production deadlines.
To be successful means you will build a global talent network of artist and post-production professionals by attending road shows/events, proactively searching, screening and continuously mapping out potential talent in the industry and through being actively involved in reverse recruiting and artist retention exercises.
The following tasks provide a general overview of the types of activity the role holder will be expected to engage in on a day-to-day basis. The tasks are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities as the nature of our business requires all employees to be flexible, self-motivated and to think creatively when presented with challenges.
- Work with the Head of Recruitment to understand regional hiring requirements and priorities and to obtain any resources required that enable you to perform your tasks successfully.
- Ensure regular communication with the Global Recruitment team to ensure that priorities and concerns are addressed promptly.
- Share knowledge and work with the team to ensure that everyone is working towards achieving the team personal and professional development.
- Be pro-active in understanding the priorities, concerns, successes and recruitment projects of the team to enable you to perform your tasks successfully.
- Develop strong communication skills and ensure that clear action points are agreed, documented and followed through from any team discussions.
Heads of Department Management:
- Build and maintain relationships with Department heads in London and Vancouver and offer solutions to ensure that their requirements are being met and that the team is achieving its weekly/monthly hiring targets
- Familiarize each HOD with the hiring process, Taleo and any interview techniques, tools or training to support their hiring needs.
- Run regular recruitment meetings to ensure that the team is satisfying the hiring department’s requirements, budgets and schedules and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Escalate when appropriate to the Head of Recruitment to help resolve complex hiring issues.
- Manage an up to date, regional list of future talent in the recruitment database, ensuring that department heads have all of the relevant information and that the database is configured to support their needs.
- Partner with department heads and Head of Recruitment on salary discussions in-line with the regional salary budget (MSS).
- Utilize social networking, job boards, referrals and our internal network to source and headhunt prospective talent, capturing the information in Taleo.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospective talent in order to establish a network in the industry to meet current and future hiring needs, promoting the MPC attitude and working lifestyle.
- Pre-screen applications for suitability, visa eligibility and present all relevant salary and availability details to department heads for review.
- Ensure that all candidates are fed back to appropriately to ensure that they have clear understanding of the decision and points for their development in-line with our global brand strategy.
- Work with department heads to prepare offers which meet candidate expectations, and align the skill level to the correct salary band/job, in line with department salary targets.
- Attend recruitment events/road shows ensuring that MPC is represented positively and professionally at all times and that artist information is collected effectively and updated in the recruitment database.
- Be an ambassador for MPC within the global artist community and provide clear, accurate and inspirational information to prospective talent.
- Drive and/or support the future talent strategy and associated initiatives.
- Ensure a smooth onboarding of all new employees by passing all relevant joiner information to HR.
- Liaise with Resource Planning to ensure that open roles are in line with the requirements of the shows and are tracked in the recruitment database.
- Track and update talent in the recruitment database, working towards 100% accuracy.
- Prepare recruitment statistics and reports for Heads of Department / Head of Recruitment weekly and monthly to aid recruiting decisions.
- Support with continuous recruitment system and process development.
- Liaise with HR and Crew Management to ensure that all legal requirements are being met and that the entire candidate experience is positive.
The successful role holder:
- Will be from a games / visual effects recruiting background able to implement volume recruitment solutions to hire creative candidates globally.
- Has experience of working with candidate tracking software and social networking as a recruitment tool for generating candidates.
- Demonstrates the ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Is able to demonstrate experience of coordinating intercompany/geographic tasks.
- Has a good working knowledge of legal and immigration requirements that affect recruitment.
- Possesses excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Is pro-active with a drive and determination to get things done positively and with enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and pride in the quality of their work.
- Is experienced at working under pressure.
- Has the ability to multi-task.
- Is always customer-focused.
Indeed - 20 months ago