OFFICE COORDINATOR / ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
Mountain West Properties, a real estate development company with its offices located in downtown Victoria, is involved in the acquisition, development, construction and marketing of residential and commercial properties in Greater Victoria and Vancouver Island.
We offer an exciting, creative and collaborative working environment and are seeking an energetic, experienced, polished, and well-organized individual with strong administrative and inter-personal skills to join our team.
The full-time position of Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant offers a variety of tasks and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day-to-day general office duties and assisting in ensuring the smooth and efficient administration of the office.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer phones and maintain telephone system
- Greet clients and visitors
- Arrange couriers and outgoing mail
- Maintain contact database
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Maintain food/beverage supplies
- Liaise with IT consultants, troubleshoot as needed
- Schedules and coordinates internal/external meetings, teleconferences; this may include organization of catering and other logistics as required
- Occasional travel outside of the office for various errands
- Scanning, copying, printing of project documents
- File creation and management – electronic and paper formats
- Typing of memos/letters as requested
- Manages calendars and scheduling of appointments
- Coordinates and books travel arrangements as requested
- Provides administrative support to other team members as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role - preferably with a real estate developer, construction company or real estate broker’s office
- Familiarity with real estate contracts, legal agreements, project documents and basic accounting knowledge required
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Proven proficiency in computer skills using MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel , Power Point
- Knowledge of computer hardware/software and general office equipment with the ability to troubleshoot as needed
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- High degree of professionalism and ability to exercise confidentiality
- Resourceful, efficient and able to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve issues as they occur
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Valid BC Driver’s license and own vehicle
This position is available to be filled immediately. If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the above requirements, please submit your resumé and cover letter by Friday, May 31st.
While we thank all interested applicants, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We kindly request no phone calls.