Mount St. Mary's College

Mount St. Mary's College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and caring work and school environment
Students Services Office Worker and Peer Advisor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 21, 2014
- As an office worker and peer advisor, I would open up the office and set things up to welcome the students. I would answer phone calls, schedule appointments and have meetings with students to discuss how they could be more successful in their educational career.
- I learned the importance of time management, attentive and effective listening, how – more... to assist students in their unique situations.
- My supervisor was the most wonderful caring and professional people i have ever met. my other coworkers were friendly, ready to assist when needed and professional.
- The most difficult part of the job was managing all the different students who wanted to meet with the people in the department
- The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking to the students and making a difference in their education career and lives. – less
I worked a temp job for admissions...
Administrative Assistant at Admissions (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYAugust 15, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: it was a temp job
I worked a temp job for admissions and I really enjoyed the work I performed.
Overall Good
Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2013
The most satisfying part is working with customers and building strong relationships.
Academically enriched environment
Faculty Member, Part-time (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2013
I loved creating my own syllabi. I loved helping the students understand different aspects of government and history.
mount st. mary's college
Student Ambassador Program Assistant Manager (Former Employee), los angelesApril 9, 2013
Managed student’s transitional process into college.
Prepared marketing materials for seminars & events.
Handled student complaints, grievances and disputes
Accounting/payroll experience
Ability to prioritize multiple projects
Created and implemented new operational procedures, timelines and policies to achieve success.
Built successful field relationships – more... by providing knowledge about college experiences.
Coordinated daily work flow
Updated and delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines
Handled inquiries and incoming work requests – less
Benevolent atmosphere where your work is rewarding and rewarded.
PURCHASING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2012
Pros: working in higher education with committed people, approachable and receptive leaders, and interacting with blossoming students.
Cons: long hours.
Open office and office supply store. Greet co-worker and discuss the tasks of the day. Check work roster for student assistants. Open mail, fill requests, telephone for additional information as required. Answer telephone, take orders, assign purchase order numbers. Closely check, sign for, and receive deliveries for staff and faculty.

Check copy machines, – more... assign student to handle photocopying requests. Check-in with Typing Service personnel.

Attend continuing education seminars, informational conferences where applicable.

Working for and with students and Nuns is challenging and extremely fun and rewarding. – less
Get paid to watch over parties...
Doheny Mansion Site Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2012
Pros: meeting important people, eating good food, and great experiences.
Cons: on call position
Great experience, learn mansion history, eat great food, meet important people, and enjoy your night.
Friendly Workplace
Media Assistant I (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2012
Mount St Mary's is a small college based on two campuses. The staff and faculty are friendly and help make the students' college experience one of a kind.
Positive, Educational Experience
Head Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2012
Cons: poistions are for duration of acadmic year, positions depend on ddepartment you apply to
Mount St. Mary's College provides a exceelent learning experience for students who are looking for job experience. BAsic skills are provided that allow you to apply to your personal and future life and goals.