Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

excellent place to work
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2012
a place I like to be, great people around, nice and polite, tactful management, strange that I must take a lunch time (that is not paid) even when I don't have a lunch with me, a problem with parking (no discounted parking for staff), but found a 5-10-min away huge underground parking on St. Patrick street ($8 yearly bird) that is pretty nice at our time (2012)
Great Place to work
Application specialist (Current Employee) –  LIS8 November 2012
Well rounded work place.
Multicultural.
Fun.
Great Team and leadership in LIS
Pros
diverse, respect
The work at Mount Sinai is enjoyable, however the hours are long - often work 16 hours
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2012
The job required to be performed at the hospital proved to be very challenging at times, which made the work enjoyable. Often times, I performed patient watches in the Emergency Department and in the Psychiatric Ward, where I was required to monitor patients who were at risk of being aggressive and on a Form 1 or 3. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to perform a variety of duties, as opposed to performing low-level, tedious tasks. The job has taught me the importance of report-writing and keeping up-to date, finely-detailed reports - an important part of the job especially if an incident leads to a lawsuit. The hardest part of the job is being required to stay longer than the standard 12-hour shift on days where a relieving officer is unable to attend work. This makes the job very tiring, especially where the shift begins early again the following day. My co-workers are very friendly and hard-working. They treat the staff and patients very well. Many of them, like myself, are interested in a future career in policing. This makes working with my colleagues easier, as we share common ground.
Pros
performing a variety of tasks (i.e patient watches, morgue releases, patrol duties, door access), rotating schedule
Cons
working 16 hours shifts regularly
respectful
Service assistant/service support (Former Employee) –  toronto;ontario9 September 2012
very friendly atmospheric place,got to meet different people,cultures
Pros
free meal ticket if stay overtime
Cons
if you are good worker, your get more work
Awful!
Mid-level worker (Former Employee) –  Canada29 June 2012
If you're on the medical side, great place to work.

If you're on the marketing, communications, graphics, Auxiliary or fundraising side, forget it.

There's a reason these departments have had almost complete turnover in the last two years. Crazy hours, idiotic managers, redundant meetings, petty jealousies, high school-level cliques, supervisor favourtism, tyrannical power-plays by a few donors that are rewarded for their juvenile behaviour, a complete lack of work history because whatever job you're in, you're likely to be the third person in two years...
Pros
the work perks and bennies are good
Cons
management couldn't lead a school of fish.
Greatest place to work, period.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2012
Wether it's due to the culture, employees, atmosphere, location, Mt Sinai is simply put the best.
Janitor (housekeeping) (Former Employee) –  Toronto,Ontario,Canada.24 February 2012
Good pay,Great benefits...Departments try to accommodate your time off requests..excellent sick benefits.
Pros
departments try to work with you.
Cons
none.