Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Côte-Saint-Luc, QC15 March 2016
I performed clerical work and helped several departments throughout the hospital (Human Resources, Accounting, Maintenance, Medical Files)
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2015
I like work environment in Mount Sinai Hospital because management is very supportive and colleagues are very professional and fun people to work with.
An excellent teaching hospital that provides the best patient care to all members in the community who we treat with respect and equality.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2015
An excellent hospital that provides an exceptional work environment where all members work as a team and are treated with respect and equality. Every member that walks through those doors are welcomed and we are there to provide the best patient care.
Pros
excellent work events gives you the opportunity to interact with other members.
Cons
hours may vary
Great multi-tasking experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2015
Mount Sinai, was a great experience in a multi-tasking fast paced environment, that exposed me to administration, clerical, and patient care duties and responsibilities, hence enhancing my knowledge and experience, as well as skill sets in a challenging, highly pressured fast paced environment, that helped me work even better, and accomplish my goals on a daily basis of volunteering in mount Sinai Hospital
Loved Volunteering at Mount Sinai
Gynaecologists Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2015
While i was Volunteering at Mount Sinai Hosptial Ive learned that this is the environment that i need to be in. Knowning that i can help people that are in need of medical attention makes me feel complete inside. I have a passion with interacting directly with patrons that i can get a feel and a clear understand of them. The most enjoyable part of this job is that i was able to meet and interact with new people, booking patients, do follow up calls, faxing and working beside a doctor that i thought was so inspiring, Dr. Wolfman (gynaecologist)
Pros
Providing excellent service to patients
Cons
Purging
Professional workplace focused on organization and precision to detail
Assistant filing clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2014
-Volunteer duties included filing patient admission paperwork, assisting nurses and physicians with admissions, attending to patients' needs
-hospital staff and fellow volunteers were both welcoming and professional and informative of proper healthcare/hospital practices
-patience and ability to work in high-pressure environment was tested during times of high patient admissions
Manager, Equipment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2014
1. Learned new techniques in management
2. participated in many new projects
3. a typical work day starts around 9:00 (sometimes early 5:00), and never ends before 6:00 in teh evening. Many times worked continuously more than 30 hrs in one stretch, and many after hours call and week end calls. All free, no compensation received or asked
4. In last four years 20 days of my eligible vacation surrendered due to work load.
5. i enjoyed the job due to varies type of job, and different people and culture.
Pros
Flexibility and Freedom of work
Cons
Forced to be a workoholic
Awful!
Mid-level worker (Former Employee) –  Canada29 June 2012
If you're on the medical side, great place to work.

If you're on the marketing, communications, graphics, Auxiliary or fundraising side, forget it.

There's a reason these departments have had almost complete turnover in the last two years. Crazy hours, idiotic managers, redundant meetings, petty jealousies, high school-level cliques, supervisor favourtism, tyrannical power-plays by a few donors that are rewarded for their juvenile behaviour, a complete lack of work history because whatever job you're in, you're likely to be the third person in two years...
Pros
the work perks and bennies are good
Cons
management couldn't lead a school of fish.
Challenging work environment with heavy and consistent workload.
Full Time - Glass Washing Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2016
A typical day at work followed a shifting work routine depending on which shift I held in a given week. I worked at a different station each week for a total of 4 weeks in a cycle. Mostly it involved organizing and wrapping test tubes and beakers, learning how to be as efficient and fast as possible. I would then move to sterilization of contaminated glassware and would deliver sterilized glassware from the autoclave machine that was switched out.

My manager was very kind and helpful but not always present as she was a manager for a rather large area of the institute. She left a co-worker to help me get used to everything with a steep learning curve.

The hardest part of the job was the language barrier and communication difficulties I had with my co-workers and the fact that we were on completely separate pages, me being new and interpreting things from the bottom up and them being older and used to how everything functioned exactly according to a set routine. It was hard to understand each other most of the time and became frustrating at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being in a hospital environment and being able to work shifting schedules depending on the week.
Pros
Salary and hours were amazing
Cons
Co-workers were hard to work with
Highly professional environment
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2014
Demanding workload, work under pressure accommodating people with different backgrounds and various medical conditions and treatments, continuous education and keeping up to date with the newest therapeutic agents in liver diseases
Pros
continuous education by attending scientific conferences and symposiums
Cons
Liver clinic closure at Mount Sinai Hospital
excellent place to work
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2012
a place I like to be, great people around, nice and polite, tactful management, strange that I must take a lunch time (that is not paid) even when I don't have a lunch with me, a problem with parking (no discounted parking for staff), but found a 5-10-min away huge underground parking on St. Patrick street ($8 yearly bird) that is pretty nice at our time (2012)
I loved working at a clinic and helping people and just being there for patients that just need to get stuff off of there shoulders
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2013
A day at work is always busy with clinic, booking patients for procedures and the tasks that I need to do to book clinic and procedures. As well as answering the phones with any questions that the patients might have. With my everyday tasks there is always something new to learn which is exciting, I always like to learn new skills to upgrade my expertise. I love working with patients and know I am there to help by talking with them and getting them the appointments they need as soon as I can. knowing that I can help people in any way makes me feel really good. The hardest part of the job is knowing I can do everything to help a patients that is really sick.
Pros
doing whatever i can do to help someone
Cons
Not being able to help everyone
Working under pressure
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2014
Medical field is quite busy. We have to know how to deal with any kind of situation. Sick patients, mental issues, disability issues and not all the times patients understand policies and procedures of the clinic. This was a new challenge for me, dealing with multi-tasks and patients at the same time. It was great!
Serious and respectable workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2013
I would do a lot of filing and answering the phone on some occasions at first to get a handle on how things were in the office. Then I was able to follow different nurses and do some ultra sounds and communicate with a lot of patients which was one of my favorite things to do during my co-op. I learned a lot, I learned what kinds of patients go to high-risk pregnancy, how to file, proper and respectable way to answer the phone and address patients and their family members, and how to communicate well with patients and how you relate to their situations. The management and co-workers were amazing, very nice people and as well very understanding. They taught me a lot. The hardest part of my job was having to see what the patients go through, especially when building a good bond with them. The most enjoyable part was how well I formed a bond with the patients.
Pros
great work environment
teaching hospital
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2015
Multidisciplinary team worked effectively and efficiently together. The nurses were very helpful and encouraged students to learn and experience different skills and increased their knowledge and understanding of the nursing profession
Pros
teaching hospital
A great place for learning
Research Assistant in Bioethics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2014
I have found my work place a great example of where good deeds from good people can provide both patients and researchers with new horizons of healthcare and learning, respectively. And sympathy, equity and respect compose the fluid atmosphere every body is exposed to.
productive and fun environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2014
- great place to work at
- a wonderful hospital that facilitates learning opportunities and gaining new skills from evidence based research
- supportive work environment where you team work is effective
- great work staff
Pros
constantly learning new things
Other Skills
Receptionist (Medical Imaging Department) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2014
A position that will take advantage of my potential, education and professional skills to provide challenges and opportunities for growth.

Essential Skills
Communication, Iinterpersonal, Organization skills, Critical thinking, Finding information; Computer Use, Continuous learning

Computer Skills

•Windows 2000 Professional, Directory Services.
•MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
•MS Power Point, MS FrontPage, MS Exchange 5.5, Windows NT 4.0,Windows 98,Windows 2000,Windows XP
•Strong Concept and Understanding of Websites Design and Development Phase, Domain TLD and cc:TLD Management, Web Hosting and Corporate Email System.
•Internet related troubleshooting,
•Typing speed 40 wpm.

Hospital Computer Software

Coral WorkStation 3.5, UHN EPR, Mysys, MicroLab, RIS (Reporting, Order, Worklist), PM View /PM Launch ,MOH Health Card Validation, and Cerner/ ADT System, ABEL, Fusion and Roxio.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Healthy work life balance. friendly people and management. good benefits
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2015
regular enjoyable day.
friendly people.
supportive management.
good health benefits and perks
Pros
good emphasis on personal and mental health, good work life balance
Cons
pay could be better
great
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2015
The job is motivating, and the staff are all friendly and helpful during the work. I have learned a lot and met many motivating and inspiring people from the volunteer experience in the hospital.
Pros
inspiring

Mount Sinai Health System Reviews by Location