Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Awful!
Mid-level worker (Former Employee) –  Canada29 June 2012
If you're on the medical side, great place to work.

If you're on the marketing, communications, graphics, Auxiliary or fundraising side, forget it.

There's a reason these departments have had almost complete turnover in the last two years. Crazy hours, idiotic managers, redundant meetings, petty jealousies, high school-level cliques, supervisor favourtism, tyrannical power-plays by a few donors that are rewarded for their juvenile behaviour, a complete lack of work history because whatever job you're in, you're likely to be the third person in two years...
Pros
the work perks and bennies are good
Cons
management couldn't lead a school of fish.
Mount Sinai
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto6 May 2014
Great place to work. Flex shifts and health benefits. Management is very positive.
excellent place to work
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2012
a place I like to be, great people around, nice and polite, tactful management, strange that I must take a lunch time (that is not paid) even when I don't have a lunch with me, a problem with parking (no discounted parking for staff), but found a 5-10-min away huge underground parking on St. Patrick street ($8 yearly bird) that is pretty nice at our time (2012)
The work at Mount Sinai is enjoyable, however the hours are long - often work 16 hours
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2012
The job required to be performed at the hospital proved to be very challenging at times, which made the work enjoyable. Often times, I performed patient watches in the Emergency Department and in the Psychiatric Ward, where I was required to monitor patients who were at risk of being aggressive and on a Form 1 or 3. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to perform a variety of duties, as opposed to performing low-level, tedious tasks. The job has taught me the importance of report-writing and keeping up-to date, finely-detailed reports - an important part of the job especially if an incident leads to a lawsuit. The hardest part of the job is being required to stay longer than the standard 12-hour shift on days where a relieving officer is unable to attend work. This makes the job very tiring, especially where the shift begins early again the following day. My co-workers are very friendly and hard-working. They treat the staff and patients very well. Many of them, like myself, are interested in a future career in policing. This makes working with my colleagues easier, as we share common ground.
Pros
performing a variety of tasks (i.e patient watches, morgue releases, patrol duties, door access), rotating schedule
Cons
working 16 hours shifts regularly
Loved Volunteering at Mount Sinai
Gynaecologists Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2015
While i was Volunteering at Mount Sinai Hosptial Ive learned that this is the environment that i need to be in. Knowning that i can help people that are in need of medical attention makes me feel complete inside. I have a passion with interacting directly with patrons that i can get a feel and a clear understand of them. The most enjoyable part of this job is that i was able to meet and interact with new people, booking patients, do follow up calls, faxing and working beside a doctor that i thought was so inspiring, Dr. Wolfman (gynaecologist)
Pros
Providing excellent service to patients
Cons
Purging
great workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  toronto, on2 August 2014
Mount sinai is a great organization that encourages growth and development of staff. It committed to excellence and that makes you want to push for quality care because everyone wants to do a good job. Great teamwork and also great support from management!
An excellent teaching hospital that provides the best patient care to all members in the community who we treat with respect and equality.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2015
An excellent hospital that provides an exceptional work environment where all members work as a team and are treated with respect and equality. Every member that walks through those doors are welcomed and we are there to provide the best patient care.
Pros
excellent work events gives you the opportunity to interact with other members.
Cons
hours may vary
I loved working at a clinic and helping people and just being there for patients that just need to get stuff off of there shoulders
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2013
A day at work is always busy with clinic, booking patients for procedures and the tasks that I need to do to book clinic and procedures. As well as answering the phones with any questions that the patients might have. With my everyday tasks there is always something new to learn which is exciting, I always like to learn new skills to upgrade my expertise. I love working with patients and know I am there to help by talking with them and getting them the appointments they need as soon as I can. knowing that I can help people in any way makes me feel really good. The hardest part of the job is knowing I can do everything to help a patients that is really sick.
Pros
doing whatever i can do to help someone
Cons
Not being able to help everyone
respectful
Service assistant/service support (Former Employee) –  toronto;ontario9 September 2012
very friendly atmospheric place,got to meet different people,cultures
Pros
free meal ticket if stay overtime
Cons
if you are good worker, your get more work
Health Force Ontario - Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2015
Good hospital to work in, located in downtown Toronto. Many options available for educational advancement.
interesting place to work
Clerk and Clerical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2013
always work to do, if you enjoy helping others while earning a paycheque investigate.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
could be sad
great
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2015
The job is motivating, and the staff are all friendly and helpful during the work. I have learned a lot and met many motivating and inspiring people from the volunteer experience in the hospital.
Pros
inspiring
Great multi-tasking experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2015
Mount Sinai, was a great experience in a multi-tasking fast paced environment, that exposed me to administration, clerical, and patient care duties and responsibilities, hence enhancing my knowledge and experience, as well as skill sets in a challenging, highly pressured fast paced environment, that helped me work even better, and accomplish my goals on a daily basis of volunteering in mount Sinai Hospital
job porter casual
Porter - casual (Former Employee) –  husekeeping3 March 2014
dealing with patient
bring patient to their appointment
management are great
and co-worker
learn a lots of new jobs

pay great
Pros
great pension
Cons
good salaries
Janitor (housekeeping) (Former Employee) –  Toronto,Ontario,Canada.24 February 2012
Good pay,Great benefits...Departments try to accommodate your time off requests..excellent sick benefits.
Pros
departments try to work with you.
Cons
none.
Greatest place to work, period.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2012
Wether it's due to the culture, employees, atmosphere, location, Mt Sinai is simply put the best.
Great workplace with skillful people working there
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2013
A well-known hospital with extremely useful management.
I learned a lot while working there
Professional workplace focused on organization and precision to detail
Assistant filing clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2014
-Volunteer duties included filing patient admission paperwork, assisting nurses and physicians with admissions, attending to patients' needs
-hospital staff and fellow volunteers were both welcoming and professional and informative of proper healthcare/hospital practices
-patience and ability to work in high-pressure environment was tested during times of high patient admissions
Highly professional environment
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2014
Demanding workload, work under pressure accommodating people with different backgrounds and various medical conditions and treatments, continuous education and keeping up to date with the newest therapeutic agents in liver diseases
Pros
continuous education by attending scientific conferences and symposiums
Cons
Liver clinic closure at Mount Sinai Hospital
teaching hospital
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2015
Multidisciplinary team worked effectively and efficiently together. The nurses were very helpful and encouraged students to learn and experience different skills and increased their knowledge and understanding of the nursing profession
Pros
teaching hospital

Mount Sinai Health System Reviews by Location