Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Excellent
Clinical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto15 August 2017
From an administrative perspective, this role provided opportunities to learn about clinic management. I helped all staff by providing technical support with our electronic medical record (EMR), training new staff and residents with the EMR, ordering supplies such as requisitions and vaccines, booking patients for consultations, and processing new patient referrals. Even though these were only some of the tasks I was involved with, my overall job was to ensure that all staff had the support they needed so that they could focus on providing excellent patient care. I have learned that strong administrative support is crucial to the functioning of our clinical space.
Great Place to work
Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2017
Working there was one of the best jobs I have ever had. The managements and supervisors was great. I never had any problems working there. Learning all the major systems was made easy every day. Healthy atmosphere to work. Management always had weekly meet, which made all employees feel very important. Safety was very important there and they never put my health or well being at risk. At no time while doing my job did I ever feel pressured. The hospital atmosphere was so relaxing that I really didn't know that it was even work.
Pros
working there
Cons
leaving
Highly successful hospital in Toronto
Medical Laboratory Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2017
The new food court has a large variety and is very welcoming. The management team is very charismatic and warm-hearted. The spiritual services are great and the history of the hospital is very interesting. Al services offered by the hospital are carefully regulated. Overall, it is the best hospital in Toronto!
Pros
great food court, convenient location near the University/subway, kind staff, great services
Cons
old architecture, non-appealing interior design
Productive and fun environment
Healthy Workplace Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
I had a great experience at Mount Sinai Hospital.
All the employees were very kind and helpful. I was assisting in the health promotion of the hospital, and felt well supported in my short time there.
good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
i worked as medical and ICU nurse in the Mount Sinai System for 6 years. Its a fast paced work culture with a great team dynamic. Definitely recommend as a place to work for medical professionals
Great experience
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2017
Great work environment, friendly staff, lots to do. Loved spending my time here, truly was a pleasure. Would definitely recommend. Free food is a bonus
Mt. Sinai
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
I only worked there for a month because it was for summer volunteer hours but the environment was overall very friendly, and I managed to get a lot of work done.
Pros
Friendly Enviromemt
Cons
Not fast paced enough for me
Best Job ever
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
I loved working at mount sinai hospital. I made a lot of friens and really felt like I was part of a community at work. The pay was great and it was located in a great part of Toronto.
Excellent enviornment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2017
Mount sinai provides an excellent environment, friendly staff that make you feel very welcomed. The area is also very nice. Overall, great experience.
Coffee shop inside
Biomed Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2017
It is nice place to work at, job security and friendly coworkers.

You can take your time and learn new things because you always have extra free time.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Not much work
wonderful learning experince
Part time Ward clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
enjoy the people and co-workers at sinai health wornderful expreince working and learing new expreinces. growth and movement through out the hospital
Pros
learing expreince
Cons
sad to see wonderful people sick and hepless
Ok to work here
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
It was an Ok job. Did not pay well enough to live on. Salary freezes The people are very nice and always willing to help. Good working environment but poor pay.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
can't earn a living working here.
Effective teamwork
Clerical Assistant, Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
In collaboration with nursing, hospital staff and various community services, provides and maintains a progressive and personalized health care environment.
Hospital setting and overwhelming as this is one of the best hospital
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
I only had the chance to work as a student placement when I was finishing my program in Medical Office Administration in 2007 . I had the pleasure to had the chance to work in their nursing administrative department.
Good
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
It's a very good hospital along the hospital strip and the although it's a smaller ICU it is staffed with skilled nurses.
great work place and team
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 February 2017
it was a really great place to work, unfortunately it was a temporary contract position and after my maternity leave I am unable to come back.
Pros
temporary contract position
Cons
contract
no comment
Inpatient Social Worker, High Risk Pregnancy Unit (Current Employee) –  600 university12 February 2017
I enjoy working at MSH. IT is a very busy environment but the unit I work on is wonderful. my colleagues in the social work department are also supportive. The salary is very reasonable
Excellent Hospital
Medical Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Wonderful work environment. Staff was very professional and caring and the patients were a pleasure to assist. Multi faceted training provided, including EMR systems and patient medical record processing.
Pros
Excellent work experience
Positive fun workplace
Medical Secretary and Psychology coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canada26 January 2017
A typical day at work would be very busy but enjoyable at the same time as i am very passionate about what i do. Working in the Psychiatry Department I learned a lot more about mental health and the services provided.

There were four Secretaries in the office I worked in all working for different consultant's within the department. My colleagues and I worked great as a team, helping each other out with extra work flow within the office.

The hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with very angry aggressive patients. These situations was something I could handle as the training provided gave me all the information and techniques I needed to know.

I gained a lot of experience in this job role. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to the gym on my lunch break which was in the Hospital itself.
Pros
Staff activites
Cons
long commute to work
Productive and rewarding workplace.
Veterinary Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
Typically an good place to work. Great benefits, pension and job security. We have not had a pay increase in years and no room for growth which are the 2 downfalls of this employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Mount Sinai Health System Reviews by Location