Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced and productive, staff members are extremely helpful, very efficient and well organized clinical environment
Surgical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
The three doctors whose clinics I was a surgical oncology receptionist for, all had different expectations of how the clinic is run.
They were patient and kind with me, allowing for a positive learning environment.
The management is organized and well equipped to deal with staffing changes and impromptu clinic days and other emergency circumstances.
Co-workers, especially nurses and the surgical secretaries to the doctors were extremely friendly, helpful and multifaceted when it came all the different responsibilities that needed to be fulfilled for a clinic to run smoothly.
The responsibilities did not seem overwhelming and the patient interactions were always pleasant. All in all, a very enjoyable experience.
A decent environment workplace to work at.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
A decent environment workplace to work at. I personally had one of my work experiences working in this hospital. My seniors referred me a good candidate for the company and my direct trainer wanted me to continue me in future prospects. I made some really good friends while working at the company who were always helping and caring in all aspects. I would love to recommend it to anyone who is interested in working at the place.
Pros
friendly and warm people
Fun and Reward
Co-op High School Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
It was a great experience at Mount Sinai Hospital. As a high school co-op student I learned many valuable skills and knowledge about the variety of careers that exist in a hospital beyond nurses, doctors and orderlies.
Pros
Friendly Staff
great experience working in the health system
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
The day usually starts with administrative works and continues with talking to patients and other volunteer works. I have learnt a lot through working with patients and from nurses. They are very friendly and willing to answer your questions and help.
Large hospital with small town feel
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
A major hospital in the center of the city near the university. Great people in all areas of work, very diverse and cultural patient population. Never dull in or away from work
Pros
Large city activities
Cons
Traffic and parking
Fun learning environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
I had a great time volunteering at Mount Siani Hospital. The people were great, helpful and taught me a lot while I worked at the pharmacy. I'm happy I got to spend my time there.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Travel time from home
nice
Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
This was a short project done during university time. We did a process optimization project trying to maximize the efficiency.
good job
TRANSPORTER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
no two days are ever the same, some days you can't wait to go home and get off your feet, and other days, you wish you can stay a little longer to enjoy the atmosphere.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Côte-Saint-Luc, QCMarch 15, 2016
I performed clerical work and helped several departments throughout the hospital (Human Resources, Accounting, Maintenance, Medical Files)
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2015
I like work environment in Mount Sinai Hospital because management is very supportive and colleagues are very professional and fun people to work with.
Challenging work environment with heavy and consistent workload.
Full Time - Glass Washing Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2016
A typical day at work followed a shifting work routine depending on which shift I held in a given week. I worked at a different station each week for a total of 4 weeks in a cycle. Mostly it involved organizing and wrapping test tubes and beakers, learning how to be as efficient and fast as possible. I would then move to sterilization of contaminated glassware and would deliver sterilized glassware from the autoclave machine that was switched out.

My manager was very kind and helpful but not always present as she was a manager for a rather large area of the institute. She left a co-worker to help me get used to everything with a steep learning curve.

The hardest part of the job was the language barrier and communication difficulties I had with my co-workers and the fact that we were on completely separate pages, me being new and interpreting things from the bottom up and them being older and used to how everything functioned exactly according to a set routine. It was hard to understand each other most of the time and became frustrating at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being in a hospital environment and being able to work shifting schedules depending on the week.
Pros
Salary and hours were amazing
Cons
Co-workers were hard to work with
An excellent teaching hospital that provides the best patient care to all members in the community who we treat with respect and equality.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
An excellent hospital that provides an exceptional work environment where all members work as a team and are treated with respect and equality. Every member that walks through those doors are welcomed and we are there to provide the best patient care.
Pros
excellent work events gives you the opportunity to interact with other members.
Cons
hours may vary
Great multi-tasking experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Mount Sinai, was a great experience in a multi-tasking fast paced environment, that exposed me to administration, clerical, and patient care duties and responsibilities, hence enhancing my knowledge and experience, as well as skill sets in a challenging, highly pressured fast paced environment, that helped me work even better, and accomplish my goals on a daily basis of volunteering in mount Sinai Hospital
great
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
The job is motivating, and the staff are all friendly and helpful during the work. I have learned a lot and met many motivating and inspiring people from the volunteer experience in the hospital.
Pros
inspiring
Loved Volunteering at Mount Sinai
Gynaecologists Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
While i was Volunteering at Mount Sinai Hosptial Ive learned that this is the environment that i need to be in. Knowning that i can help people that are in need of medical attention makes me feel complete inside. I have a passion with interacting directly with patrons that i can get a feel and a clear understand of them. The most enjoyable part of this job is that i was able to meet and interact with new people, booking patients, do follow up calls, faxing and working beside a doctor that i thought was so inspiring, Dr. Wolfman (gynaecologist)
Pros
providing excellent service to patients
Cons
purging
teaching hospital
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
Multidisciplinary team worked effectively and efficiently together. The nurses were very helpful and encouraged students to learn and experience different skills and increased their knowledge and understanding of the nursing profession
Pros
teaching hospital
Highly professional environment
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2014
Demanding workload, work under pressure accommodating people with different backgrounds and various medical conditions and treatments, continuous education and keeping up to date with the newest therapeutic agents in liver diseases
Pros
continuous education by attending scientific conferences and symposiums
Cons
liver clinic closure at mount sinai hospital
Amazing
Clinical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
I have no issues with my current employer. Work with great people and patients everyday. typical day involves a lot of coordination, phone calls and helping out co workers. My resume will explain in more detail my everyday duties.
Manager, Equipment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
1. Learned new techniques in management
2. participated in many new projects
3. a typical work day starts around 9:00 (sometimes early 5:00), and never ends before 6:00 in teh evening. Many times worked continuously more than 30 hrs in one stretch, and many after hours call and week end calls. All free, no compensation received or asked
4. In last four years 20 days of my eligible vacation surrendered due to work load.
5. i enjoyed the job due to varies type of job, and different people and culture.
Pros
flexibility and freedom of work
Cons
forced to be a workoholic
Professional workplace focused on organization and precision to detail
Assistant filing clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2014
-Volunteer duties included filing patient admission paperwork, assisting nurses and physicians with admissions, attending to patients' needs
-hospital staff and fellow volunteers were both welcoming and professional and informative of proper healthcare/hospital practices
-patience and ability to work in high-pressure environment was tested during times of high patient admissions

Mount Sinai Health System Reviews by Location