Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Large hospital with small town feel
Staff RN (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: Large city activities
Cons: Traffic and parking
A major hospital in the center of the city near the university. Great people in all areas of work, very diverse and cultural patient population. Never dull in or away from work
great experience working in the health system
Volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
The day usually starts with administrative works and continues with talking to patients and other volunteer works. I have learnt a lot through working with patients and from nurses. They are very friendly and willing to answer your questions and help.
experience
Student Worker (Former Employee), Côte-Saint-Luc, QCMarch 15, 2016
I performed clerical work and helped several departments throughout the hospital (Human Resources, Accounting, Maintenance, Medical Files)
Fun learning environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Travel time from home
I had a great time volunteering at Mount Siani Hospital. The people were great, helpful and taught me a lot while I worked at the pharmacy. I'm happy I got to spend my time there.
A decent environment workplace to work at.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
Pros: friendly and warm people
A decent environment workplace to work at. I personally had one of my work experiences working in this hospital. My seniors referred me a good candidate for the company and my direct trainer wanted me to continue me in future prospects. I made some really good friends while working at the company who were always helping and caring in all aspects. I would love to recommend it to anyone who is interested in working at the place.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2015
I like work environment in Mount Sinai Hospital because management is very supportive and colleagues are very professional and fun people to work with.
great
volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
Pros: inspiring
The job is motivating, and the staff are all friendly and helpful during the work. I have learned a lot and met many motivating and inspiring people from the volunteer experience in the hospital.
An excellent teaching hospital that provides the best patient care to all members in the community who we treat with respect and equality.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: excellent work events gives you the opportunity to interact with other members.
Cons: hours may vary
An excellent hospital that provides an exceptional work environment where all members work as a team and are treated with respect and equality. Every member that walks through those doors are welcomed and we are there to provide the best patient care.
Great multi-tasking experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Mount Sinai, was a great experience in a multi-tasking fast paced environment, that exposed me to administration, clerical, and patient care duties and responsibilities, hence enhancing my knowledge and experience, as well as skill sets in a challenging, highly pressured fast paced environment, that helped me work even better, and accomplish my goals on a daily basis of volunteering in mount Sinai Hospital
teaching hospital
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: teaching hospital
Multidisciplinary team worked effectively and efficiently together. The nurses were very helpful and encouraged students to learn and experience different skills and increased their knowledge and understanding of the nursing profession
Amazing
Clinical Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
I have no issues with my current employer. Work with great people and patients everyday. typical day involves a lot of coordination, phone calls and helping out co workers. My resume will explain in more detail my everyday duties.
Loved Volunteering at Mount Sinai
Gynaecologists Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: providing excellent service to patients
Cons: purging
While i was Volunteering at Mount Sinai Hosptial Ive learned that this is the environment that i need to be in. Knowning that i can help people that are in need of medical attention makes me feel complete inside. I have a passion with interacting directly with patrons that i can get a feel and a clear understand of them. The most enjoyable part of this job is that i was able to meet and interact with new people, booking patients, do follow up calls, faxing and working beside a doctor that i thought was so inspiring, Dr. Wolfman (gynaecologist)
Great staff, welcoming environment
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
I learned a lot about the hospital environment, and culture. I loved my management. They gave me a lot of responsibility.
Excellent place to work
NURSE MANAGER - INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE SURGERY (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Magnet status organization. High professional standards Very low turnover rates. Staff never leave. A very happy place
Health Force Ontario - Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Good hospital to work in, located in downtown Toronto. Many options available for educational advancement.
Healthy work life balance. friendly people and management. good benefits
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good emphasis on personal and mental health, good work life balance
Cons: pay could be better
regular enjoyable day.
friendly people.
supportive management.
good health benefits and perks
Working under pressure
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2014
Medical field is quite busy. We have to know how to deal with any kind of situation. Sick patients, mental issues, disability issues and not all the times patients understand policies and procedures of the clinic. This was a new challenge for me, dealing with multi-tasks and patients at the same time. It was great!
very good hospital to work in.
Registed nurse in medicine (Current Employee), torontoOctober 2, 2014
Mount Sinai is a great hospital with great health professional team working together as a team to provide the best care for the patient and family.
Volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2014
I was a volunteer there. The people were really nice. They told you what to expect from the job.
Friendly managers, lower on comparable payscale, little room for growth
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), torontoSeptember 8, 2014
I enjoy having Mount Sinai as a employer and have a good relationship with coworkers and managers. The hospital pays less than others in the city and I HR is finicky and slow moving.
Headquarters