Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A decent environment workplace to work at.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
Pros: friendly and warm people
A decent environment workplace to work at. I personally had one of my work experiences working in this hospital. My seniors referred me a good candidate for the company and my direct trainer wanted me to continue me in future prospects. I made some really good friends while working at the company who were always helping and caring in all aspects. I would love to recommend it to anyone who is interested in working at the place.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2015
I like work environment in Mount Sinai Hospital because management is very supportive and colleagues are very professional and fun people to work with.
Challenging work environment with heavy and consistent workload.
Full Time - Glass Washing Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2016
Pros: Salary and hours were amazing
Cons: Co-workers were hard to work with
A typical day at work followed a shifting work routine depending on which shift I held in a given week. I worked at a different station each week for a total of 4 weeks in a cycle. Mostly it involved organizing and wrapping test tubes and beakers, learning how to be as efficient and fast as possible. I would then move to sterilization of contaminated glassware and would deliver sterilized glassware from the autoclave machine that was switched out.

My manager was very kind and helpful but not always present as she was a manager for a rather large area of the institute. She left a co-worker to help me get used to everything with a steep learning curve.

The hardest part of the job was the language barrier and communication difficulties I had with my co-workers and the fact that we were on completely separate pages, me being new and interpreting things from the bottom up and them being older and used to how everything functioned exactly according to a set routine. It was hard to understand each other most of the time and became frustrating at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being in a hospital environment and being able to work shifting schedules depending on the week.
great experience working in the health system
Volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
The day usually starts with administrative works and continues with talking to patients and other volunteer works. I have learnt a lot through working with patients and from nurses. They are very friendly and willing to answer your questions and help.
Fun and Reward
Co-op High School Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
Pros: Friendly Staff
It was a great experience at Mount Sinai Hospital. As a high school co-op student I learned many valuable skills and knowledge about the variety of careers that exist in a hospital beyond nurses, doctors and orderlies.
Large hospital with small town feel
Staff RN (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: Large city activities
Cons: Traffic and parking
A major hospital in the center of the city near the university. Great people in all areas of work, very diverse and cultural patient population. Never dull in or away from work
Fun learning environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Travel time from home
I had a great time volunteering at Mount Siani Hospital. The people were great, helpful and taught me a lot while I worked at the pharmacy. I'm happy I got to spend my time there.
good job
TRANSPORTER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
no two days are ever the same, some days you can't wait to go home and get off your feet, and other days, you wish you can stay a little longer to enjoy the atmosphere.
experience
Student Worker (Former Employee), Côte-Saint-Luc, QCMarch 15, 2016
I performed clerical work and helped several departments throughout the hospital (Human Resources, Accounting, Maintenance, Medical Files)
Manager, Equipment Maintenance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility and freedom of work
Cons: forced to be a workoholic
1. Learned new techniques in management
2. participated in many new projects
3. a typical work day starts around 9:00 (sometimes early 5:00), and never ends before 6:00 in teh evening. Many times worked continuously more than 30 hrs in one stretch, and many after hours call and week end calls. All free, no compensation received or asked
4. In last four years 20 days of my eligible vacation surrendered due to work load.
5. i enjoyed the job due to varies type of job, and different people and culture.
Healthy work life balance. friendly people and management. good benefits
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: good emphasis on personal and mental health, good work life balance
Cons: pay could be better
regular enjoyable day.
friendly people.
supportive management.
good health benefits and perks
Great staff, welcoming environment
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
I learned a lot about the hospital environment, and culture. I loved my management. They gave me a lot of responsibility.
great
volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
Pros: inspiring
The job is motivating, and the staff are all friendly and helpful during the work. I have learned a lot and met many motivating and inspiring people from the volunteer experience in the hospital.
An excellent teaching hospital that provides the best patient care to all members in the community who we treat with respect and equality.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: excellent work events gives you the opportunity to interact with other members.
Cons: hours may vary
An excellent hospital that provides an exceptional work environment where all members work as a team and are treated with respect and equality. Every member that walks through those doors are welcomed and we are there to provide the best patient care.
Loved Volunteering at Mount Sinai
Gynaecologists Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
Pros: providing excellent service to patients
Cons: purging
While i was Volunteering at Mount Sinai Hosptial Ive learned that this is the environment that i need to be in. Knowning that i can help people that are in need of medical attention makes me feel complete inside. I have a passion with interacting directly with patrons that i can get a feel and a clear understand of them. The most enjoyable part of this job is that i was able to meet and interact with new people, booking patients, do follow up calls, faxing and working beside a doctor that i thought was so inspiring, Dr. Wolfman (gynaecologist)
Great multi-tasking experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Mount Sinai, was a great experience in a multi-tasking fast paced environment, that exposed me to administration, clerical, and patient care duties and responsibilities, hence enhancing my knowledge and experience, as well as skill sets in a challenging, highly pressured fast paced environment, that helped me work even better, and accomplish my goals on a daily basis of volunteering in mount Sinai Hospital
Other Skills
Receptionist (Medical Imaging Department) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A position that will take advantage of my potential, education and professional skills to provide challenges and opportunities for growth.

Essential Skills
Communication, Iinterpersonal, Organization skills, Critical thinking, Finding information; Computer Use, Continuous learning

Computer Skills

•Windows 2000 Professional, Directory Services.
•MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
•MS Power Point, MS FrontPage, MS Exchange 5.5, Windows NT 4.0,Windows 98,Windows 2000,Windows XP
•Strong Concept and Understanding of Websites Design and Development Phase, Domain TLD and cc:TLD Management, Web Hosting and Corporate Email System.
•Internet related troubleshooting,
•Typing speed 40 wpm.

Hospital Computer Software

Coral WorkStation 3.5, UHN EPR, Mysys, MicroLab, RIS (Reporting, Order, Worklist), PM View /PM Launch ,MOH Health Card Validation, and Cerner/ ADT System, ABEL, Fusion and Roxio.
Serious and respectable workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: great work environment
I would do a lot of filing and answering the phone on some occasions at first to get a handle on how things were in the office. Then I was able to follow different nurses and do some ultra sounds and communicate with a lot of patients which was one of my favorite things to do during my co-op. I learned a lot, I learned what kinds of patients go to high-risk pregnancy, how to file, proper and respectable way to answer the phone and address patients and their family members, and how to communicate well with patients and how you relate to their situations. The management and co-workers were amazing, very nice people and as well very understanding. They taught me a lot. The hardest part of my job was having to see what the patients go through, especially when building a good bond with them. The most enjoyable part was how well I formed a bond with the patients.
Awful!
Mid-level worker (Former Employee), CanadaJune 29, 2012
Pros: the work perks and bennies are good
Cons: management couldn't lead a school of fish.
If you're on the medical side, great place to work.

If you're on the marketing, communications, graphics, Auxiliary or fundraising side, forget it.

There's a reason these departments have had almost complete turnover in the last two years. Crazy hours, idiotic managers, redundant meetings, petty jealousies, high school-level cliques, supervisor favourtism, tyrannical power-plays by a few donors that are rewarded for their juvenile behaviour, a complete lack of work history because whatever job you're in, you're likely to be the third person in two years...
Health Force Ontario - Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Good hospital to work in, located in downtown Toronto. Many options available for educational advancement.
Headquarters