Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2015
I like work environment in Mount Sinai Hospital because management is very supportive and colleagues are very professional and fun people to work with.
great
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2015
The job is motivating, and the staff are all friendly and helpful during the work. I have learned a lot and met many motivating and inspiring people from the volunteer experience in the hospital.
Pros
inspiring
An excellent teaching hospital that provides the best patient care to all members in the community who we treat with respect and equality.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
An excellent hospital that provides an exceptional work environment where all members work as a team and are treated with respect and equality. Every member that walks through those doors are welcomed and we are there to provide the best patient care.
Pros
excellent work events gives you the opportunity to interact with other members.
Cons
hours may vary
Great multi-tasking experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2015
Mount Sinai, was a great experience in a multi-tasking fast paced environment, that exposed me to administration, clerical, and patient care duties and responsibilities, hence enhancing my knowledge and experience, as well as skill sets in a challenging, highly pressured fast paced environment, that helped me work even better, and accomplish my goals on a daily basis of volunteering in mount Sinai Hospital
teaching hospital
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
Multidisciplinary team worked effectively and efficiently together. The nurses were very helpful and encouraged students to learn and experience different skills and increased their knowledge and understanding of the nursing profession
Pros
teaching hospital
Amazing
Clinical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
I have no issues with my current employer. Work with great people and patients everyday. typical day involves a lot of coordination, phone calls and helping out co workers. My resume will explain in more detail my everyday duties.
Loved Volunteering at Mount Sinai
Gynaecologists Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2015
While i was Volunteering at Mount Sinai Hosptial Ive learned that this is the environment that i need to be in. Knowning that i can help people that are in need of medical attention makes me feel complete inside. I have a passion with interacting directly with patrons that i can get a feel and a clear understand of them. The most enjoyable part of this job is that i was able to meet and interact with new people, booking patients, do follow up calls, faxing and working beside a doctor that i thought was so inspiring, Dr. Wolfman (gynaecologist)
Pros
providing excellent service to patients
Cons
purging
Great staff, welcoming environment
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
I learned a lot about the hospital environment, and culture. I loved my management. They gave me a lot of responsibility.
Excellent place to work
NURSE MANAGER - INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE SURGERY (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Magnet status organization. High professional standards Very low turnover rates. Staff never leave. A very happy place
Health Force Ontario - Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Good hospital to work in, located in downtown Toronto. Many options available for educational advancement.
Healthy work life balance. friendly people and management. good benefits
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
regular enjoyable day.
friendly people.
supportive management.
good health benefits and perks
Pros
good emphasis on personal and mental health, good work life balance
Cons
pay could be better
Working under pressure
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2014
Medical field is quite busy. We have to know how to deal with any kind of situation. Sick patients, mental issues, disability issues and not all the times patients understand policies and procedures of the clinic. This was a new challenge for me, dealing with multi-tasks and patients at the same time. It was great!
very good hospital to work in.
Registed nurse in medicine (Current Employee) –  torontoOctober 2, 2014
Mount Sinai is a great hospital with great health professional team working together as a team to provide the best care for the patient and family.
Volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2014
I was a volunteer there. The people were really nice. They told you what to expect from the job.
Friendly managers, lower on comparable payscale, little room for growth
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  torontoSeptember 8, 2014
I enjoy having Mount Sinai as a employer and have a good relationship with coworkers and managers. The hospital pays less than others in the city and I HR is finicky and slow moving.
Highly professional environment
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2014
Demanding workload, work under pressure accommodating people with different backgrounds and various medical conditions and treatments, continuous education and keeping up to date with the newest therapeutic agents in liver diseases
Pros
continuous education by attending scientific conferences and symposiums
Cons
liver clinic closure at mount sinai hospital
great workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  toronto, onAugust 2, 2014
Mount sinai is a great organization that encourages growth and development of staff. It committed to excellence and that makes you want to push for quality care because everyone wants to do a good job. Great teamwork and also great support from management!
Other Skills
Receptionist (Medical Imaging Department) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
A position that will take advantage of my potential, education and professional skills to provide challenges and opportunities for growth.

Essential Skills
Communication, Iinterpersonal, Organization skills, Critical thinking, Finding information; Computer Use, Continuous learning

Computer Skills

•Windows 2000 Professional, Directory Services.
•MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
•MS Power Point, MS FrontPage, MS Exchange 5.5, Windows NT 4.0,Windows 98,Windows 2000,Windows XP
•Strong Concept and Understanding of Websites Design and Development Phase, Domain TLD and cc:TLD Management, Web Hosting and Corporate Email System.
•Internet related troubleshooting,
•Typing speed 40 wpm.

Hospital Computer Software

Coral WorkStation 3.5, UHN EPR, Mysys, MicroLab, RIS (Reporting, Order, Worklist), PM View /PM Launch ,MOH Health Card Validation, and Cerner/ ADT System, ABEL, Fusion and Roxio.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Mount Sinai
Cashier (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 6, 2014
Great place to work. Flex shifts and health benefits. Management is very positive.
Productive learning environment; very fast paced
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Help provide patients with little things they may need, such as ice water or towels. Often times I would shadow the nurse and assist her . Also helped to organize paperwork.