Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Fast paced and productive, staff members are extremely helpful, very efficient and well organized clinical environment
Surgical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
The three doctors whose clinics I was a surgical oncology receptionist for, all had different expectations of how the clinic is run.
They were patient and kind with me, allowing for a positive learning environment.
The management is organized and well equipped to deal with staffing changes and impromptu clinic days and other emergency circumstances.
Co-workers, especially nurses and the surgical secretaries to the doctors were extremely friendly, helpful and multifaceted when it came all the different responsibilities that needed to be fulfilled for a clinic to run smoothly.
The responsibilities did not seem overwhelming and the patient interactions were always pleasant. All in all, a very enjoyable experience.
A decent environment workplace to work at.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2016
A decent environment workplace to work at. I personally had one of my work experiences working in this hospital. My seniors referred me a good candidate for the company and my direct trainer wanted me to continue me in future prospects. I made some really good friends while working at the company who were always helping and caring in all aspects. I would love to recommend it to anyone who is interested in working at the place.
Pros
friendly and warm people
Top 50 employer
Prenatal Education Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2016
Great place to work people are friendly and supportive.
I have worked in different areas of the hospital and have learned different procedures for different departments.
It's good work experience.
Pros
PAID LUNCH
Cons
LONG HOURS
Challenging work environment with heavy and consistent workload.
Full Time - Glass Washing Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2016
A typical day at work followed a shifting work routine depending on which shift I held in a given week. I worked at a different station each week for a total of 4 weeks in a cycle. Mostly it involved organizing and wrapping test tubes and beakers, learning how to be as efficient and fast as possible. I would then move to sterilization of contaminated glassware and would deliver sterilized glassware from the autoclave machine that was switched out.

My manager was very kind and helpful but not always present as she was a manager for a rather large area of the institute. She left a co-worker to help me get used to everything with a steep learning curve.

The hardest part of the job was the language barrier and communication difficulties I had with my co-workers and the fact that we were on completely separate pages, me being new and interpreting things from the bottom up and them being older and used to how everything functioned exactly according to a set routine. It was hard to understand each other most of the time and became frustrating at times.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being in a hospital environment and being able to work shifting schedules depending on the week.
Pros
Salary and hours were amazing
Cons
Co-workers were hard to work with
Caring
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2016
Staff was very helpful when learning new things. Staff was always willing to go out of their way to go over workload if I did not understand the task that needed to be done.
nice
Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
This was a short project done during university time. We did a process optimization project trying to maximize the efficiency.
Fun and Reward
Co-op High School Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
It was a great experience at Mount Sinai Hospital. As a high school co-op student I learned many valuable skills and knowledge about the variety of careers that exist in a hospital beyond nurses, doctors and orderlies.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Large hospital with small town feel
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
A major hospital in the center of the city near the university. Great people in all areas of work, very diverse and cultural patient population. Never dull in or away from work
Pros
Large city activities
Cons
Traffic and parking
great experience working in the health system
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
The day usually starts with administrative works and continues with talking to patients and other volunteer works. I have learnt a lot through working with patients and from nurses. They are very friendly and willing to answer your questions and help.
good job
TRANSPORTER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 5, 2016
no two days are ever the same, some days you can't wait to go home and get off your feet, and other days, you wish you can stay a little longer to enjoy the atmosphere.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Manager, Equipment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
1. Learned new techniques in management
2. participated in many new projects
3. a typical work day starts around 9:00 (sometimes early 5:00), and never ends before 6:00 in teh evening. Many times worked continuously more than 30 hrs in one stretch, and many after hours call and week end calls. All free, no compensation received or asked
4. In last four years 20 days of my eligible vacation surrendered due to work load.
5. i enjoyed the job due to varies type of job, and different people and culture.
Pros
flexibility and freedom of work
Cons
forced to be a workoholic
Fun learning environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
I had a great time volunteering at Mount Siani Hospital. The people were great, helpful and taught me a lot while I worked at the pharmacy. I'm happy I got to spend my time there.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Travel time from home
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2015
I like work environment in Mount Sinai Hospital because management is very supportive and colleagues are very professional and fun people to work with.
experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Côte-Saint-Luc, QCMarch 15, 2016
I performed clerical work and helped several departments throughout the hospital (Human Resources, Accounting, Maintenance, Medical Files)
Healthy work life balance. friendly people and management. good benefits
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2015
regular enjoyable day.
friendly people.
supportive management.
good health benefits and perks
Pros
good emphasis on personal and mental health, good work life balance
Cons
pay could be better
Great staff, welcoming environment
HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
I learned a lot about the hospital environment, and culture. I loved my management. They gave me a lot of responsibility.
Serious and respectable workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2013
I would do a lot of filing and answering the phone on some occasions at first to get a handle on how things were in the office. Then I was able to follow different nurses and do some ultra sounds and communicate with a lot of patients which was one of my favorite things to do during my co-op. I learned a lot, I learned what kinds of patients go to high-risk pregnancy, how to file, proper and respectable way to answer the phone and address patients and their family members, and how to communicate well with patients and how you relate to their situations. The management and co-workers were amazing, very nice people and as well very understanding. They taught me a lot. The hardest part of my job was having to see what the patients go through, especially when building a good bond with them. The most enjoyable part was how well I formed a bond with the patients.
Pros
great work environment
Other Skills
Receptionist (Medical Imaging Department) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
A position that will take advantage of my potential, education and professional skills to provide challenges and opportunities for growth.

Essential Skills
Communication, Iinterpersonal, Organization skills, Critical thinking, Finding information; Computer Use, Continuous learning

Computer Skills

•Windows 2000 Professional, Directory Services.
•MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
•MS Power Point, MS FrontPage, MS Exchange 5.5, Windows NT 4.0,Windows 98,Windows 2000,Windows XP
•Strong Concept and Understanding of Websites Design and Development Phase, Domain TLD and cc:TLD Management, Web Hosting and Corporate Email System.
•Internet related troubleshooting,
•Typing speed 40 wpm.

Hospital Computer Software

Coral WorkStation 3.5, UHN EPR, Mysys, MicroLab, RIS (Reporting, Order, Worklist), PM View /PM Launch ,MOH Health Card Validation, and Cerner/ ADT System, ABEL, Fusion and Roxio.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Awful!
Mid-level worker (Former Employee) –  CanadaJune 29, 2012
If you're on the medical side, great place to work.

If you're on the marketing, communications, graphics, Auxiliary or fundraising side, forget it.

There's a reason these departments have had almost complete turnover in the last two years. Crazy hours, idiotic managers, redundant meetings, petty jealousies, high school-level cliques, supervisor favourtism, tyrannical power-plays by a few donors that are rewarded for their juvenile behaviour, a complete lack of work history because whatever job you're in, you're likely to be the third person in two years...
Pros
the work perks and bennies are good
Cons
management couldn't lead a school of fish.
An excellent teaching hospital that provides the best patient care to all members in the community who we treat with respect and equality.
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 3, 2015
An excellent hospital that provides an exceptional work environment where all members work as a team and are treated with respect and equality. Every member that walks through those doors are welcomed and we are there to provide the best patient care.
Pros
excellent work events gives you the opportunity to interact with other members.
Cons
hours may vary

Mount Sinai Health System Reviews by Location