Mount Royal University Employee Reviews

Couldn't have chosen a better institution for my educational and work experience.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2016
As a former student at Mount Royal University, I have developed close relationships with my professors, which made it possible for me to be granted the opportunity to work on a peer reviewed journal closely with one of my professors. The professors at this institution are very helpful with helping any students in need. I have attended a few post-secondary institutions in the past and Mount Royal is by far my favorite.
A university with great job opportunities.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2016
Mount Royal University is a wonderful place to learn and to work. work typical day was setting up and prepping your work station and clean it up and shutting it down at the end of the day. I learned that students could be pushy and demanding but not to let that ruin your day. Management for food court area at the time cared more about money then workers being happy. Hardest part of the job was dealing with picky customers who changed their order fifteen times after you finish what they wanted and then having to toss the food and start again. Most enjoyable part of the job was free soda fountain drinks and one free staff drink from starbucks or tim hortons.
Excellent workplace
Administrative Assistant to the Chair (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
Good work/life balance. A vibrant culture to work at and enjoyable. Good benefits and pay. Workload is manageable but environment is supportive.
Awesome environment to be in.
Casual Part-Time Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2016
I recently just began working at mount royal university and I am having an amazing time. Everyone is so welcoming and accepting that I honestly enjoy working here.
Pros
Great perks.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Over worked
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2016
Under staffed and over worked department with poor training practices. Bad politics and with over worked employees with a policy of time off for overtime with little chance of taking that time.
Pros
Salary
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2015
Obtained Degree. Extremely helpful with obtaining the education you are looking for. Hands on experience in the field in which you are applying.
Used to be a top employer with many benefits.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2015
I enjoyed the co-workers, students, faculty. The hardest part of my job was not having enough work to do. The most enjoyable part of my day was being able to contribute to the institution's success.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Current politics with leadership
Fun place to work where the employees make a difference in Student life
Lead Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta19 August 2015
Health services is a great place to work it provides care for many students and staff across the University.
The work environment is very fast paced and busy with the growing numbers on campus. The work team is small but gets along very well working together to produce a collaborative approach to the care they give.
Pros
Great Health benefits, 11 month terms, Christmas off
Great workplace, great team. Challenging but rewarding work.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2015
Awesome Organization to work for. The teaching faculty and coordinator both really enhance the experience. Challenging but very rewarding work.
Excellent Work Environment
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB16 April 2015
Teachers assisting is fun and rewarding. You get to learn new skills as well as perfect old. The work environment is friendly and professional. I highly recommend the experience!
Excellent music faculty
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2015
Great environment to work in. Well organized and leader of the music community in Calgary. The pianos and facilities were great and the events open to the students offered higher learning and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
High quality teaching
Strong interpersonal skills, organized, ablle to multitask, problem solver, and self motivator
Research Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB15 January 2015
• Typically organize groups of students and get them to sign consent forms for research

• Conduct interview with students

• Analyze journal

• Hardest part of the job was to schedule interview times with professor and the students

• Most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with professor and students and listen to their perspective
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No fixed hours per week
Felt like Home
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2014
In the security department the people I worked with were amazing. They were more like family then coworkers. We worked hard but also shared a lot of laughs.The University feels like a small town of its own and I loved this job.
Pros
Staff working there
Cons
The management has had issues and now changes for the better
Great community and cohesive workplace
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta21 July 2014
Working with MRU was a valuable experience, as Resident advisors our role was to manage and build a cohesive community of students living in residence. The team of Resident advisors was outstanding a role in which I gained many valuable life long friends
Informative
Mortgage agent Certification (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 May 2014
This was a college course for a martgage agent license. It was a three month day course with Alberta certification.
Balance Study & Work Life
Student Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2014
Excellent Company to work with ! Great Professional Team to work with.
Busy and pleasant place to work
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE IN WELLNESS CLINIC (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Ab18 December 2013
Assisting doctors and MOA's as well as any other member of the team to meet the needs of the patients in the most efficient way.
Pros
work environment is pleasant
Cons
paid parking
easy going job
Peer Statistics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2013
helping students with their stats problems and boosting up their confidence is the best part of this job.
Pros
good experience
Cons
gets frustrating sometimes
Used to be better.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2013
Post Secondary is a mess which has a unavoidable trickle down effect. There is a lot of dead weight hanging on - holding spaces in jobs that should be occupied by more qualified people. Lot's of toxic dinosaurs who don't have the interest of MRU or the students in mind. If you can get past all that, it pays well, and there are a ton of perks. A doctor, massage therapists, physical therapists, a free gym membership - at least until they take that away from us :)
productive teaching and learning in the world of design
Calgary, Interior Design Student (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2013
learning different aspect of interior design in a fun atmosphere with a great management. It's a challenging program and field while you are enjoying of these challenge....

4.6