Mount Royal University Employee Reviews

Committed to its employees
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
Mount Royal University is a great place to work, the university allows you to advance, encourages you to volunteer within and outside of the university. An employee can take a course and apply to have the money reimbursed.
Pros
Refundable courses
Dynamic place in where you help people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2017
Very nice work environment. Interactive helping students with their educational needs. Management is very friendly and peers are very good. Workshops were done frequently
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2017
Loved my short stint at MRU and found the place very productive and learnt a lot.

Excellent gym facility and also had a very supportive and technically competent team leader
Excellent place to learn, professors care about your education
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
Besides excellent professors and courses, there are plenty of opportunities for individuals to engage with student life on campus ranging from varsity sports, to club events, to activities on Main Street.
foster a safe and open-minded academic learning environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2017
I specialize in first year accounting and high school mathematics. This job developed my presentation, verbal, and time management skills which will be transferable to future careers.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
Unattractive salary/benefit
Great
Assistant Project Researcher (Part-time, Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
Helped out a professor during my college years. Great pay, communication and opportunity.

I would recommend this employer
Extraordinary work environment
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta1 February 2017
I worked in the Conservatory which is a highly creative environment that serves outstanding young artists. It was a pleasure to go to work every day and know that I was making a contribution to enhance and support such great talent. My boss was a kind and informed individual and I greatly admired him and what he was trying to accomplish. I had a wonderful time there and greatly miss the work. I lost my position due to the restructuring of the University when my job was abolished. It was a joy to be part of something so great and work with such talented people.
Pros
outstanding concerts
Cons
sometimes long hours
Best place I have worked in my career.
Faculty (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
A great place to work! I have worked there for almost 10 years and have always enjoyed the supportive environment and the fact that the student teacher ratio is so low. It gives us a chance to know our students and as a result the learning is much better than in a large university. If we were not leaving Calgary for work reasons (husband) I would continue to teach at MRU. It is a great school in so many ways.
Workplace Culture
Soccer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2016
Unfortunately, the day camps have become more difficult to work at for employees. Workplace culture can be bad if you are not on good standing with management.
Great work and learning environment
Spanish Monitor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2016
MRU gives its students the opportunity to get involved on campus by either volunteering or working. It provides its student staff a variety of ways to obtain more training, and to get more experience.
Couldn't have chosen a better institution for my educational and work experience.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2016
As a former student at Mount Royal University, I have developed close relationships with my professors, which made it possible for me to be granted the opportunity to work on a peer reviewed journal closely with one of my professors. The professors at this institution are very helpful with helping any students in need. I have attended a few post-secondary institutions in the past and Mount Royal is by far my favorite.
A university with great job opportunities.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2016
Mount Royal University is a wonderful place to learn and to work. work typical day was setting up and prepping your work station and clean it up and shutting it down at the end of the day. I learned that students could be pushy and demanding but not to let that ruin your day. Management for food court area at the time cared more about money then workers being happy. Hardest part of the job was dealing with picky customers who changed their order fifteen times after you finish what they wanted and then having to toss the food and start again. Most enjoyable part of the job was free soda fountain drinks and one free staff drink from starbucks or tim hortons.
Excellent workplace
Administrative Assistant to the Chair (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
Good work/life balance. A vibrant culture to work at and enjoyable. Good benefits and pay. Workload is manageable but environment is supportive.
Awesome environment to be in.
Casual Part-Time Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2016
I recently just began working at mount royal university and I am having an amazing time. Everyone is so welcoming and accepting that I honestly enjoy working here.
Pros
Great perks.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Over worked
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2016
Under staffed and over worked department with poor training practices. Bad politics and with over worked employees with a policy of time off for overtime with little chance of taking that time.
Pros
Salary
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2015
Obtained Degree. Extremely helpful with obtaining the education you are looking for. Hands on experience in the field in which you are applying.
Used to be a top employer with many benefits.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2015
I enjoyed the co-workers, students, faculty. The hardest part of my job was not having enough work to do. The most enjoyable part of my day was being able to contribute to the institution's success.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Current politics with leadership
Fun place to work where the employees make a difference in Student life
Lead Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta19 August 2015
Health services is a great place to work it provides care for many students and staff across the University.
The work environment is very fast paced and busy with the growing numbers on campus. The work team is small but gets along very well working together to produce a collaborative approach to the care they give.
Pros
Great Health benefits, 11 month terms, Christmas off
Great workplace, great team. Challenging but rewarding work.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2015
Awesome Organization to work for. The teaching faculty and coordinator both really enhance the experience. Challenging but very rewarding work.
Excellent Work Environment
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary AB16 April 2015
Teachers assisting is fun and rewarding. You get to learn new skills as well as perfect old. The work environment is friendly and professional. I highly recommend the experience!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Royal University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6