Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
typical corporate culture
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), ENGSeptember 12, 2013
typical corporate culture, too slow to progress, long working hours
Nice place to work
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Plantation, FLSeptember 7, 2013
Enjoyed My internship. Intern projects were interesting.
Great Experiance
Senior Manager, IT Service Delivery and Governance (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 27, 2013
Pros: flexible work environment, people, culture, diversity
Cons: long hours, continuous cost reductions
I had a good career with Motorola and the work environment was top notched. The position was a difficult one since it involved changing the IT model which resulted in my change in job status.

The company was very supportive in relieving the typical stress related by the position with great flexible work environment. I truly enjoyed working for Motorola – more... Solutions and the relationships I had with my co-workers.

It is a great place to work if you are driven to be the best. – less
productive environment
Production Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 20, 2013
Pros: longevity
Cons: lay off
great place to work for nice employees and a company you would like to work for.
Assembler
Assembler (Former Employee), Schaumburg,ILAugust 13, 2013
Pros: sound engineering
Cons: respond immediately to alarms
I developed highly sophisticated products such as police radios and police scanners.
I really liked my job and benefits at Motorola.
Technical Support (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 5, 2013
I got to sit at a large enough desk area for all my parts and equipment to be close and handy.

My supervisor never had to tell me what to do. He made sure I knew how to repair the things that came to our area and occasionally would let me know that one of the products was a higher priority at that time.

I liked all my co-workers.

The hardest part – more... was learning a new product.

The most enjoyable part of working at Motorola was that I got to learn how to work on many products. I was not micro-managed. I was allowed to listen to music and my production was always good to great. – less
It's very nice friendly place for working.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: fexible working hours
Cons: it's far away from my home, i've to waste too much time because of traffic jam.
My day normally starts off (at work) when I walk into our building with Morning greeting to everyone you meet at 9am. Go to my cubicle and turn my PC.
The first thing I do is checking my email and prioritizing the Emails and processing(replying or forwarding ...) them.
Then checking my Calendar and my task. Attending the 10 minutes daily Standup meeting, – more... in the meeting everybody working for the project talk about what was done yesterday and what barrier you have for you work, what you are going to do today.
After that I do some automation and manual test and report the bugs I found through the bug report tool after communicating with the product support person, the project manager and the relevant developer.
Of course I have 30 minutes lunch time every day at 12pm.
Attending or organizing 1 hour bug fixed checking in meeting, in the meeting making decision for the bug fixing and checking in priorities. Do some more function test/ regression test via automation tool/manual, analyzing the bug I found with co-worker/test lead/developer and reporting the bug via bug managing tool. Training junior new co-worker/ sharing new knowlege/technical experiences with my team members.
Writing down what I did today and what issues I solved today and what I'm going to do Tomorrow.
Setting up the over night running test case and let is run over night and say good night to the team and go home at 5pm. – less
It's very nice friendly place for working.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: fexible working hours
Of course I have 30 minutes lunch time every day at 12pm.
Good Company
Pre Sales Businees Manager (Current Employee), ColoradoJune 20, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: political
Executive Management Greg Brown is a exellent CEO and I would consider him a "A" team player! He is moving this 100 year company into the future.
Motorola Review
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 18, 2013
I learned alot at Motorola Solutions. I managed calendars, email, pagers, supplies, started meetings. I enjoyed my job.
Great place to start a career
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 10, 2013
Company has a fairy low attrition making it harder to move up.
Productive/Lean/Efficient
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 30, 2013
Motorola Solutions gives the employees a lot of power to make decisions on their own. This helps to make things more efficient. They make it very clear what is expected of you. There is a lot of work to be done and you need to stay on your toes. I found the co-workers and management very easy to get along with.
Process Oriented
Technical Architect (Former Employee), Bangalore KAApril 3, 2013
Very hard measures for Quality product.
Very Innovative
Standard Structure of development
Sr Java Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2013
Wholesale Customer Relationship Management system is the back end core services framework for the Customer Knowledge Center and few other chase applications in different line of businesses. The Customer Knowledge Center (CKC) is the sales and customer relationship management platform for bankers, product sales, support staff and management.
Great coworkers and management
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Brno, Czech RepublicMarch 6, 2013
Pros: good food, great management, great people
Cons: after while night shifts are getting to long
Working for Motorola was a great experience, I have enjoyed it and I would come back any time.
I left the company cause I moved back to the USA, and the company was in the Czech Republic.
I worked 7 days, 12 hours shift, but the following week was off.
Great experience
Good company, great products, on the right path up
Marketing (Current Employee), FloridaMarch 4, 2013
Pros: employee stock purchase, annual bonus, 401k
Cons: limited employee tuition reimbursement
I have learned quite a bit in terms of marketing technical products and working with different sales channels (direct, indirect) to meet sales goals. The company is starting to really embrace vertical markets and creating solutions within those markets and seems to be growing in almost every business. One drawback to Motorola Solutions is that it is – more... a big company with many moving parts so it does take a while to build your personal network and become truly effective in your job. – less
watch the politics
sales director (Former Employee), EMEAJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: the will to get things done
Cons: mediocre/out of depth managers exist
good reputation with customers, enjoyable work
too many mediocre people in too senior positions
self imposed pressure to work long hours
i can do any thing related to hk & helpdesk
facility coordinator (Former Employee), Gurgaon siteDecember 19, 2012
i taking wolk round, i learned everything here,i can manage all things related to customers,
i can do any thing related to hk & helpdesk
facility coordinator (Former Employee), Gurgaon siteDecember 19, 2012
1950's Leadership Strategies Plagued by Fifedom's
Director, Global Mobility Solutions Marketing (Current Employee), Holtsville, NYOctober 19, 2012
Cons: not sufficient room in this space - i mean universe.
There could be an ongoing series of books highlighting the incredibly bizzare company called Motorola.

The imbecilic "executive" team is hands down the biggest group of fortunate losers in the history of american business. This group of titled executives started in the mail room together and they create a circle of toothless growling "wolves" opposing – more... any new idea and/or criticism - which is one in the same to them - smother and gumming to death any business or proposal or process they don't understand - which is to say most everything. – less