Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stress
PCM (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2014
Long hours without pay, no job security, people dont know what they are doing.
It's very nice friendly place for working.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: fexible working hours
Cons: it's far away from my home, i've to waste too much time because of traffic jam.
My day normally starts off (at work) when I walk into our building with Morning greeting to everyone you meet at 9am. Go to my cubicle and turn my PC.
The first thing I do is checking my email and prioritizing the Emails and processing(replying or forwarding ...) them.
Then checking my Calendar and my task. Attending the 10 minutes daily Standup meeting, – more... in the meeting everybody working for the project talk about what was done yesterday and what barrier you have for you work, what you are going to do today.
After that I do some automation and manual test and report the bugs I found through the bug report tool after communicating with the product support person, the project manager and the relevant developer.
Of course I have 30 minutes lunch time every day at 12pm.
Attending or organizing 1 hour bug fixed checking in meeting, in the meeting making decision for the bug fixing and checking in priorities. Do some more function test/ regression test via automation tool/manual, analyzing the bug I found with co-worker/test lead/developer and reporting the bug via bug managing tool. Training junior new co-worker/ sharing new knowlege/technical experiences with my team members.
Writing down what I did today and what issues I solved today and what I'm going to do Tomorrow.
Setting up the over night running test case and let is run over night and say good night to the team and go home at 5pm. – less
It's very nice friendly place for working.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: fexible working hours
Of course I have 30 minutes lunch time every day at 12pm.
Great company with Great engineers
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Санкт Петербург, SZADecember 23, 2014
I grown as a professional in this company. If you like challanges this company for you. You'll develop smart solutions which will help people around the world
Feed my family well (former employee)
Customer Service (Former Employee), Schamuburg, Arlington Hts, Libertyville & HarvardDecember 12, 2014
Pros: good pay & great bonuses
Cons: very stressful because it was mis-managed toward the end, layoff's
I worked for Motorola Mobility before Google announced its acquisition. Also, Motorola Solutions after we split from cellular
Really enjoyed the history and culture.
This was a good company to work for but, there were lots of issues that if management sometimes would have just listened to the people could have been avoided. Some managers were hands-on – more... but, others needed to be more hands-on because they wouldn't have made some of the bad decision they made.
There was lots of room for advancements for some.
Turn around in the company was fast pace like a revolving door. – less
A lot of room to move within the company
Sales Associate - MR / Sales Support (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILDecember 8, 2014
This company is fun to work for and there is a lot of opportunity to grow. The hardest part of the job is learning the product as well as procedures.
Communications Company
System Manager (WMATA) (Former Employee), MarylandDecember 2, 2014
Pros: money, benefits
Cons: traveling
Typical day at work is meeting with customer, co-workers and venders. The company gives everyone the chance to learn new skills in your field , the jobs comes with some rewards , like traveling meeting new people, one of the areas I enjoyed was traveling around the united states and Canada giving support to our customers and local techs.
LAYOFFS
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), schaumburgNovember 13, 2014
They follow older primitives and Many layoffs. Co workers are good
Great company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 29, 2014
Ahead Of The Competition - Customer Focused
Strategic Sales Support Lead (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 19, 2014
This is a great company. I am proud to be a part of a culture where we put the safety of citizens world wide first. Enable our first responders, government agencies and public agencies the ability to effectively serve their respecitve areas.
Good in the beginning but slowly faded.
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 19, 2014
Pros: very accepting of personal time limits, good pto package, work is relatively long standing
Cons: lower than average pay for software engineers, company outlook does not seem very bright
At this time it feels like a company on it's way out, or preparing to be bought. Too many rumors, and low morale ooze from too many corners, and for a person who is not as "in the know" as one should be, this is disastrous.
Strong Company.. Future Uncertain
Sr. Director, North America Demand Center (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 12, 2014
MSI is a strong B2B brand and market leader in its space.
Good work/life balance. Competitive compensation
no longer in existence
Project Manager/Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Vernon Hill, IlOctober 9, 2014
no longer in existence, very stressful environment, poor leadership
"What can I say" Its a job not a hard job but a job.
Warehouse (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 7, 2014
"What can I say" Its a job not a hard job but a job. I can say I enjoyed it.
good experience, growth limited
Sr Staff Manager - SMT Operations (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 6, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
great place to work
Contractor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: easy, friendly management, low stress, flexible
Cons: layed off at the end of the month
work is low stress, very easy, but can also become fast paced at times. Management is great and are willing to work around any problems you have. the only downside is you get layed off at the end of every month for a week or so.
Alot of travel
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Westminster, COSeptember 16, 2014
As a business analyst you can expect to travel 75-80% of the time, typically flying out of your home base on Monday mornings and returning Friday afternoons. I would not recommend this position for an individual with a family with kids as being away week after week becomes stressful for the entire family. The benefits of having a career where one gets – more... to travel is you get to see parts of the country you probably would have never experienced before, you also get to try amazing food. – less
Motorola in transition
Regional Manager (Former Employee), New Delhi, IndiaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: nothing much to talk about
Cons: tansition phase with out clarity in direction on which business to hold and let go.
Motorola was re-aligning its product lines after the sale out to Google. No clear approach was a real breaker for me. India was not a priority for their business. I was tasked with educating the channels and solution providers on the new Wi-Fi product lines which were introduced after the take over of Symbol. Small team but hectic travelling across – more... the northern and eastern part of the country. – less
Quiet and simple. Headphones and work till days end.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARAugust 24, 2014
It's a nice clean place and everyone is pretty decent to work with. I go to work, know what I'm supposed to do, put on my headphones, and do what I do for 8 hours.
Good stable company
Manager, Field Marketing - Central US and Canada (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2014
Pros: - good people, strong management, market leader, strong portfolio
Cons: benefits not good, constant reorgs, work/life balance, advancement opportunities limited
My advice would be that, while I understand it’s important to keep the share holders happy we also need to keep the employees happy too. Talent retention should be right up there with talent acquisition and feel that’s not a priority. I do like the CEO however I feel like a stronger vision for the company is needed.

1 2 3 4 5