Motorola Solutions

Motorola Solutions Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stress
PCM (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 5, 2014
Long hours without pay, no job security, people dont know what they are doing.
It's very nice friendly place for working.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: fexible working hours
Cons: it's far away from my home, i've to waste too much time because of traffic jam.
My day normally starts off (at work) when I walk into our building with Morning greeting to everyone you meet at 9am. Go to my cubicle and turn my PC.
The first thing I do is checking my email and prioritizing the Emails and processing(replying or forwarding ...) them.
Then checking my Calendar and my task. Attending the 10 minutes daily Standup meeting, – more... in the meeting everybody working for the project talk about what was done yesterday and what barrier you have for you work, what you are going to do today.
After that I do some automation and manual test and report the bugs I found through the bug report tool after communicating with the product support person, the project manager and the relevant developer.
Of course I have 30 minutes lunch time every day at 12pm.
Attending or organizing 1 hour bug fixed checking in meeting, in the meeting making decision for the bug fixing and checking in priorities. Do some more function test/ regression test via automation tool/manual, analyzing the bug I found with co-worker/test lead/developer and reporting the bug via bug managing tool. Training junior new co-worker/ sharing new knowlege/technical experiences with my team members.
Writing down what I did today and what issues I solved today and what I'm going to do Tomorrow.
Setting up the over night running test case and let is run over night and say good night to the team and go home at 5pm. – less
It's very nice friendly place for working.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 23, 2013
Pros: fexible working hours
Of course I have 30 minutes lunch time every day at 12pm.
great place to work
Contractor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: easy, friendly management, low stress, flexible
Cons: layed off at the end of the month
work is low stress, very easy, but can also become fast paced at times. Management is great and are willing to work around any problems you have. the only downside is you get layed off at the end of every month for a week or so.
Alot of travel
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Westminster, COSeptember 16, 2014
As a business analyst you can expect to travel 75-80% of the time, typically flying out of your home base on Monday mornings and returning Friday afternoons. I would not recommend this position for an individual with a family with kids as being away week after week becomes stressful for the entire family. The benefits of having a career where one gets – more... to travel is you get to see parts of the country you probably would have never experienced before, you also get to try amazing food. – less
Motorola in transition
Regional Manager (Former Employee), New Delhi, IndiaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: nothing much to talk about
Cons: tansition phase with out clarity in direction on which business to hold and let go.
Motorola was re-aligning its product lines after the sale out to Google. No clear approach was a real breaker for me. India was not a priority for their business. I was tasked with educating the channels and solution providers on the new Wi-Fi product lines which were introduced after the take over of Symbol. Small team but hectic travelling across – more... the northern and eastern part of the country. – less
Quiet and simple. Headphones and work till days end.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Bentonville, ARAugust 24, 2014
It's a nice clean place and everyone is pretty decent to work with. I go to work, know what I'm supposed to do, put on my headphones, and do what I do for 8 hours.
Good stable company
Manager, Field Marketing - Central US and Canada (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2014
Pros: - good people, strong management, market leader, strong portfolio
Cons: benefits not good, constant reorgs, work/life balance, advancement opportunities limited
My advice would be that, while I understand it’s important to keep the share holders happy we also need to keep the employees happy too. Talent retention should be right up there with talent acquisition and feel that’s not a priority. I do like the CEO however I feel like a stronger vision for the company is needed.
No job security
Senior RF Engineer (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 29, 2014
No job security. Hard to advance. Benefits slowly going away.
Best Job, Company, Team Ever
RF Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 24, 2014
Phenomenal place to work.
Team is great.
Management is Splendid.
Best place Job I've ever had.
fun workplace
Software Engineer (Former Employee), hyderabadJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment
Cons: no vision in the company
a lot of politics & very minimal chances for career growth, a lot of flexibility, good people
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Staff Software Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 26, 2014
Was a place where I had a perfect work /life balance. Learned a lot .
Supportive team players
RF SYSTEM ENGINEER (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 9, 2014
I truly enjoyed working for this company. Great work Ethics.
Process is quick for getting things done. Management was very supportive for any question or concerns, willing to listen in meetings.
I do not recall if I had hard time completing task.
Authoritarian - the boss is always right, even when he is wrong
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 21, 2014
Pros: history of innovation
Cons: authoritarian, unprofessional peer reviews
In summary, it is: Authoritarian - the boss is always right, even when he is wrong. There is no discussion allowed. Disagreement is seen as being argumentative.

The peer reviews help forming cliques in the team based on popularity and jealousy rather than the work itself. This encourages politics and "inbred" teams. More like a college fraternity.

It – more... is very sad, for the company which invented the cell phone and whose equipment helped in the moon landings.

This is a company that is a shell of its former self. I loved this company, but was laid off. – less
Great place
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILMay 7, 2014
It's a great place to work all around, if I didn't have to leave for personal family reasons I'm not sure I ever would have.
A typical day at work
System Architect (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 29, 2014
Work with development & test team from multiple locations (e.g. Poland & India & US) to complete all the tasks based on current project management schedule using Agile methodologies.
Innovative and fun work place
IT Help Desk Executive (Current Employee), Bangalore KAApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, snacks and surprising gifts
Cons: some times when management requires
A place where i learnt how to survive, face issues, over coming it.

Co-operative management

Co-workers were like my own family members

Resolving escalations

Spending time with co-workers
Detailed oriented and well organized training coordinator with over 7 years of experience. Successfully managed large and complex training projects in
New Product Introduction Coordinator (Current Employee), Kraków, PolandApril 7, 2014
● Ability to work in fast growing and changing environment
● Ability to work independently
● Detail oriented
● Ability to coordinate multiple tasks at the same time
● Team player
● Ability to solve complex problems under pressure
Heaven of Opportunities
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: exposure to knowledges
Cons: end of project tenure
Cool and Enjoyable atmosphere to work.
I learned Time Management.
Co-workers are fruitful objects in helping and correcting nature.
Challenging "Live Technical Issues" was my hardest part of the job.
Working in a team as a whole is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good company to work for with some opportunities for progressive postions.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: continuous cost cutting and outsourcing
My typical week consists of 4 day travel to my territory and 1 day for paperwork. I usually travel 3 weeks and 1 week home office. The most enjoyable part of my job was providing sales and product training and going on sales calls with my resellers. I learned how to simplify our training materials to where my resellers can utilize it in their daily – more... sales calls. I have also learned to work with very diverse groups of people and several vertical markets in both commercial and government accounts. I have sharpened my skills in relationship building and listening skills. The hardest part of my job is to schedule training, ride alongs and sales calls with my resellers in a short window of time in a specific geographic area. My home office was in Chicago and i handled 13 states in the western part of the country. The managers I had with Motorola were the best. They support and encourage creative and free thinking in territory management. – less

1 2 3 4 5