Motorola Mobility

Motorola Mobility Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
People are creative and comfortable to work with
QA Engineer/Data Analyst (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILAugust 7, 2013
Pros: nice co-woker
all projects are well organized, co-workers are very comfortable to work with. I have learned team working from Motorola Mobility. Each of my co-worker taught me something that benefits my future career.
The hardest pard of this job is to work with our customers. But I have learned well how to handle all different situations.
Tough environment at the moment
confidential (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILJuly 28, 2013
Pros: not sure
Cons: challenging work/life balance; no future
Work is stale with little advancement opportunities. Learned a lot in the early years but later everything became the same w/ no new growth. Co-workers are good, smart.

Hardest part of the job is that the future is somewhat bleak. It was like that for years and hard to continue working in that environment.
A Dynamic Work Environment
Deployment & Operations Manager (Current Employee), Libertyville, ILMay 31, 2013
I spent many years within Motorola and enjoyed the dynamic environment that the R&D organization provided.
Extreme changes in management and SLT because of global consumer decline resulted in many different management changes.
Executive Assistant - Office of the President/CEO (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMay 2, 2013
Pros: global company with many opportunities
Cons: so much change and fluctuation due to declining global sales and being acquired by google
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and greatly valued the training I received from my multi-facted job at Motorola. In supporting the office of the CEO and the Senior Leadership Team, I have fully developed all the previous training from other jobs and have sharpened my administrative skills to be top notch. The hardest part of my job was when the – more... administrative assistants could no longer preview the SLT's email for security purposes. This management action resulted in a deficiency in being up-to-date or in 'real time' with changes in schedules, being able to answer questions, or closing loops in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part was meeting the challenges and developing close professional teams to get the projects completed. – less
Has an awesome legacy!
Project Manager, Product Development (Current Employee), Ft. LauderdaleApril 24, 2013
I met wonderful people at Motorola that I learned quite a bit from! Very high paced environment.
Working Environment was great
Mobile Application Developer Intern (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILApril 1, 2013
It was a good opportunity to learn mobile application development in detail.Got to learn new technologies like Python and using many other tools for android framework.
Productive and fun work place to work for.
Process Tech MFG Process III (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 29, 2013
A very good place to work for the most part.
My job was constantly full of challenges from the start of the day till end of day.
For the most part management was fair but could be improve a bit.
I did learned a whole lot during my time with this company one thing I had to learned many things on my own and with the help of team members.
A great place to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 13, 2013
Pros: free phones
Motorola employees work hard, but there are many benefits.
Productive Work Place
New Product Introduction (NPI) Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 13, 2013
Very fast pace work environment. Need to adapt quickly and require dynamic changes in schedule. Prioritization is very critical.
good company to work for
Global Demand and Supply Planner (Current Employee), Horsham, PAMarch 8, 2013
A very fast-paced working environment. Most of the coworkers are friendly and easy to communicate with. Management level needs to improve its communication skill but overall it is a good company to work for.
Unstable Place to Work
Global Category Manager (Current Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 8, 2013
Layoffs are always looming, morale is very low. The people are very nice to work with, but the company keeps losing money.
Very challenging business where innovation must be a priority
Sr. Finance Site Controller (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 5, 2013
Best in class practices & controls environment in compliance with the highest ethical standards.
Very productive and fun work place with gym, ping pong, creche etc
Principle Staff Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: flexi work timing, insurance, hospitalisation and medical benefits and good compensation
Cons: nothing in particular
I thoroughly enjoyed working in Motorola and this is why never though t of leaving it ever. However unfortunately had to leave because Protocol stack development work stopped in the company.
Not bad
Account Direcotr (Former Employee), LondonFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: usa company
Cons: head office in basingstoke
Challenging and lack of competiveness
Major Org changes
Improve consumer demand and product awareness
Engineering environment that fosters innovation
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILFebruary 19, 2013
Exciting product development with a strong quality culture.
Motorola Mobility is a fantastic place to work
Software Architect (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: industry heroes right down the hall from my desk, r&d projects were stellar, management **very** receptive to new ideas.
Cons: california just wasn't for me.
I worked in the "Home" division of Motorola Mobility. I got to work alongside many industry all stars. The management team is top notch. Plus, of course, it's always great getting to work on bleeding edge products and R&D projects.

Best in class, all around.

Sorry to leave.
Not a stable place to work as of right now.
Test Technician/Operator (Current Employee), Libertyville, ILFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: get to see and feel new products before the market
Cons: job security, no loyality, no recognition, no bonus rewards
Every quarter people are worried about losing their jobs. Every town hall meeting the management team says the same thing we are losing money, we have to reduce costs. Its very hard to concentrate on your job when your worried about losing it.
Maybe when they move downtown things will get better, by then hopefully the layoffs would have stopped.
Great people, culture of innovation. To many reorganizations
Director Program Management (Former Employee), Chicago AreaJanuary 29, 2013
Great people and exciting new products, technology. Matrixe organization with effective global operations.
Challenging and fast paced work environment
SR. PORTFOLIO MANAGER. EMEA, LATIN AMERICA, & ASIA (Current Employee), Libertyville, ILJanuary 29, 2013
High paced challenging work environment that allowed me to grow both professionally and personally. Provided ample opportunities to grow within the company while being able to make progressive career moves across different business functions.
Engineering Manager
Senior Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 18, 2013
Building the team of highly talented engineers is a bigger challenge given the macro economic environment.