Motorola Mobility

Test
Sr. Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Chicago IllNovember 12, 2013
Good company.
Good culture.
Good and challenging work.
People tend to create silo's.
Better before Google
Service Test Support Operations (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILOctober 29, 2013
Good company to work for before Google came into the picture..
Strong company
high-quality products
high customer satisfaction
Wide variety of experience
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Horsham, PAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: professional environment
My tenure at ARRIS / Motorola Mobility was a great learning experience. Working with engineering professionals increased my knowledge of a wide variety of engineering subjects.

As the sole technician in the hardware lab I was able to support all of our associated teams including software, device test and integration and our engineering teams in San – more... Diego and Taiwan. – less
Productive workplace
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILOctober 8, 2013
Friendly and Productive workplace
Nice environment to work at
Flexiable Schedules
A great place for innovation
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING, INNOVATION PRODUCTS (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2013
Motorola was one of the most innovative companies I have worked for. You get to work with the best and brightest in the telecom industry.
Company very good to work for
Process Analyst II/Supplier Management (Former Employee), Brazil - JaguariunaAugust 25, 2013
Typical days are always very busy and sometimes with some pressure to get things done.
All my background I learned working in that company.
The environment is very good, peoples are extremely friendly and collaborative with tasks.
I loved that company.
Motorola Day-to-Day
Sr. Project Specialist/Engineer (Former Employee), Horsham, PAAugust 15, 2013
Very slow processes, too many hands in cookie jar and customer pays cost, business models slip, too many gated processes, however good people and management to work with and for.
People are creative and comfortable to work with
QA Engineer/Data Analyst (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILAugust 7, 2013
Pros: nice co-woker
all projects are well organized, co-workers are very comfortable to work with. I have learned team working from Motorola Mobility. Each of my co-worker taught me something that benefits my future career.
The hardest pard of this job is to work with our customers. But I have learned well how to handle all different situations.
Tough environment at the moment
confidential (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILJuly 28, 2013
Pros: not sure
Cons: challenging work/life balance; no future
Work is stale with little advancement opportunities. Learned a lot in the early years but later everything became the same w/ no new growth. Co-workers are good, smart.

Hardest part of the job is that the future is somewhat bleak. It was like that for years and hard to continue working in that environment.
A Dynamic Work Environment
Deployment & Operations Manager (Current Employee), Libertyville, ILMay 31, 2013
I spent many years within Motorola and enjoyed the dynamic environment that the R&D organization provided.
Extreme changes in management and SLT because of global consumer decline resulted in many different management changes.
Executive Assistant - Office of the President/CEO (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMay 2, 2013
Pros: global company with many opportunities
Cons: so much change and fluctuation due to declining global sales and being acquired by google
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and greatly valued the training I received from my multi-facted job at Motorola. In supporting the office of the CEO and the Senior Leadership Team, I have fully developed all the previous training from other jobs and have sharpened my administrative skills to be top notch. The hardest part of my job was when the – more... administrative assistants could no longer preview the SLT's email for security purposes. This management action resulted in a deficiency in being up-to-date or in 'real time' with changes in schedules, being able to answer questions, or closing loops in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part was meeting the challenges and developing close professional teams to get the projects completed. – less
Has an awesome legacy!
Project Manager, Product Development (Current Employee), Ft. LauderdaleApril 24, 2013
I met wonderful people at Motorola that I learned quite a bit from! Very high paced environment.
Working Environment was great
Mobile Application Developer Intern (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILApril 1, 2013
It was a good opportunity to learn mobile application development in detail.Got to learn new technologies like Python and using many other tools for android framework.
Productive and fun work place to work for.
Process Tech MFG Process III (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 29, 2013
A very good place to work for the most part.
My job was constantly full of challenges from the start of the day till end of day.
For the most part management was fair but could be improve a bit.
I did learned a whole lot during my time with this company one thing I had to learned many things on my own and with the help of team members.
A great place to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 13, 2013
Pros: free phones
Motorola employees work hard, but there are many benefits.
Productive Work Place
New Product Introduction (NPI) Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 13, 2013
Very fast pace work environment. Need to adapt quickly and require dynamic changes in schedule. Prioritization is very critical.
good company to work for
Global Demand and Supply Planner (Current Employee), Horsham, PAMarch 8, 2013
A very fast-paced working environment. Most of the coworkers are friendly and easy to communicate with. Management level needs to improve its communication skill but overall it is a good company to work for.
Unstable Place to Work
Global Category Manager (Current Employee), Libertyville, ILMarch 8, 2013
Layoffs are always looming, morale is very low. The people are very nice to work with, but the company keeps losing money.
Very challenging business where innovation must be a priority
Sr. Finance Site Controller (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 5, 2013
Best in class practices & controls environment in compliance with the highest ethical standards.