Motor Coach Industries Employee Reviews

Not All Are Equal
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2017
Depending on the department you work in will decide how you are treated by the company.

Unionized employees are treated far better than the non-union staff, and even then it isn't always that good. Like anyplace else some managers and supervisors respect and care for the staff under them, while others are great at yelling and throwing blame around.

The pay for non-union staff, in most departments, is well below industry standards in the city. They expect you to put in long hours of overtime and then fight you on paying the overtime. Your manager insists you work while HR insists you don't. Add to the fun is when your manager is in the US and expects you to follow Kentucky labour laws and tries to ignore Canadian and Manitoban laws for hours and work environment.
Repetitive work
Assembly line welder (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 November 2016
Good place to work good benefits. Get free lunches when there is no missing parts or welds. Good atmosphere with coworkers. Good hours. Over time is considered as over time if you don't hit your 80 hours every 2 weeks
Pros
Free lunch once in a while
Cons
Far place to work
Enter at your own risk
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 July 2016
This company will chew you up and spit you out. You will be thrown under the bus at any time without remorse. Management is very unprofessional and distant from the actual production process. Supervisors like to yell and scream at the workers and have almost no knowledge on how to build a bus. Every problem is your problem and its your fault. Production staff are good to work with. There is absolutely no quality products leaving this plant. Quality really means quantity. Avoid this place if at all possible.
Pros
Wage is above average
Cons
Clueless management and supervisors, poor quality, hostile evironment
Good company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 May 2016
Good place to learn lean, and was starting 5s again. I enjoyed the start time of 6:00 am to 2:30. Would take a job there again.
Pros
good start time
Cons
busy days
Nice to workplace.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2016
Busy workplace.
Every coach order are different,
Management provide training for the employer.
Co-worker are friendly and helpful.
I enjoy new project.
Pros
Environment is always clean.
Cons
Coach order are not consistent
Its a very good and everyone is fun to workwith enjoing mourning coffe before we start the day to work
Tooling Associate (Former Employee) –  MB6 December 2015
Before start of the days we have some jokes of the day fun to loosen up our brain for another battle..means work.And week or so have safety meting with the boss.Most enjoyable part what you have accomplish that day.
Pros
yes sometimes we have some free dunots compliments of the boss.
Cons
If we have breakdowns in the line you have it done no matter what.
Decent wage and benefits
Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg MB12 January 2015
Very stressful work environment, co-workers are awesome. Poor management and air quality is very poor, a lot of exposure to highly toxic chemicals and fumes. Management shows a lot of favoritism. Provide training where needed.
Good salary but high stress
Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Various18 August 2014
An established company with a big-company attitude, but mid-to-lower company sales & practices. They pay well, but it is fast-paced, cut-throat, and stressful. Frequent ownership changes in the past twenty years have led to poor fiscal management, departmental animosity, infighting, and a general lack of strategic direction. Like GM, it has rested on its successes of 25+ years ago, only to watch the competition catch up and overtake it. There are applaudable changes underway, but until the staff has confidence that the leaders are interested in the company's long-term outlook, the culture will continue to resist.
Pros
Higher than market salary
Cons
Rapid ownership changes, lack of strategic direction
Enjoyable work place
Coach Assembler Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 April 2014
I enjoyed working in the Assembly Department assembling many different kinds of Baggage Doors which each one had it's own specifications and materials. The job atmosphere/environment, people, fellow workers, work place safety standards and their Health Care Benefits etc was number one. Had great lunch room(s), washrooms and lockers. I also liked their hours of operation too.
Unfortunately contracts only last a few months at a time. You may not be called back for weeks/months later.
Always willing to give the extra mile when needed
Supplier Quality Assurance , Development Auditor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 August 2013
Challenges
Team work
Supportive
Team oriented
Implementations
See results on set goals
Pros
Recorgnitions
Cons
maintain processes
Productive and friendly workplace
Accountant - Financial (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg.MB14 March 2013
Very pleasant environment
Team oriented management
I've learned A+
Welding helmets were provided
Welder, Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 February 2013
I enjoyed the three weeks that I worked there but the sudden termination took me by surprise. When I asked for a reason I was told the company was cutting back . This was two weeks after they hired 600 people.
All and all is been ok
Employee History (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 June 2012
All and all is been a nice journey with Mci ,unfortunately myself and many more people have suffered a dismissal due to restructuring of the company.I may had that I always took pride on my work and gived 150%
Toxic place to work
Asociate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg8 June 2012
Company is still struggling financially, and so treats its employees with little to no respect for their efforts. Most employees are afraid to complain because they need their jobs. Management is definitely "top-down", with no interest in any ideas their staff may have.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no employee recognition or appreciation