Motor Coach Industries

Motor Coach Industries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable work place
Coach Assembler Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 29, 2014
I enjoyed working in the Assembly Department assembling many different kinds of Baggage Doors which each one had it's own specifications and materials. The job atmosphere/environment, people, fellow workers, work place safety standards and their Health Care Benefits etc was number one. Had great lunch room(s), washrooms and lockers. I also liked their – more... hours of operation too.
Unfortunately contracts only last a few months at a time. You may not be called back for weeks/months later. – less
Always willing to give the extra mile when needed
Supplier Quality Assurance , Development Auditor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 29, 2013
Pros: recorgnitions
Cons: maintain processes
Challenges
Team work
Supportive
Team oriented
Implementations
See results on set goals
Productive and friendly workplace
Accountant - Financial (Current Employee), Winnipeg.MBMarch 14, 2013
Very pleasant environment
Team oriented management
I've learned A+
Welding helmets were provided
Welder, Fabricator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 28, 2013
I enjoyed the three weeks that I worked there but the sudden termination took me by surprise. When I asked for a reason I was told the company was cutting back . This was two weeks after they hired 600 people.
All and all is been ok
Employee History (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 30, 2012
All and all is been a nice journey with Mci ,unfortunately myself and many more people have suffered a dismissal due to restructuring of the company.I may had that I always took pride on my work and gived 150%
Toxic place to work
Asociate (Current Employee), WinnipegJune 8, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no employee recognition or appreciation
Company is still struggling financially, and so treats its employees with little to no respect for their efforts. Most employees are afraid to complain because they need their jobs. Management is definitely "top-down", with no interest in any ideas their staff may have.
Fun environment, productive
Line Worker Labor/Floater (Former Employee), Pembina, NDNovember 4, 2014
Willing to learn and want to know every aspect of building a motor coach, this is a great opportunity.
Ok job with desent people
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 30, 2014
This job was ok. The work wasn't to hard but the pay wasn't that great. I worked this job until I found a job I could be hired on directly at.
productive and fun people to work with
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Loudonville, OHOctober 13, 2014
Pros: close to home and doctors
one big family and worked together as a team and the hardest part of the job was a corporate head not there at all times to review the success and productive work done there. i learned that teamwork is terrific and always have compassion for your coworkers. respect your leaders and be honest with all.
Having a chance to ride on the coach bus.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJune 8, 2014
Pros: coach bus
I have a very busy day processing invoice, running check, and related accounts payable duties.
Good Place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee), loudonville ohMay 31, 2014
Good pay and benefits work hours are very good. Special Projects works with engineers.
Motor Coach Industries
INTERNATIONAL (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 21, 2013
Motor Coach Industries has representation in US, Canada, and Mexico.
Excellent company to work for
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 2, 2013
Pros: free starbucks coffee, free gym
Cons: n/a
Motor Coach Industries Inc. is a company you would like to work with for the rest of your working life. There's always room for improvement. Management and Staff work well together for the success of the company.
Excellent Company to work for
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: birthday lunchs
Cons: non
A typical day at Molex was always busy never a slow moment

I learned so much with this company the way they processed accounts payable

The co-workers was great to work with we never had a slow day.
Company does not value their employees
Employee (Former Employee), USAJune 19, 2013
Pros: fair wages, benefits are above average
Cons: management turnover and senior management support and involvement
Motor Coach views all employees as expendable resources and does not take the time or effort to get to know the employees and understanding the day to day tasks. They have let go a number of excellent management people and put the burden of their responsibilities on everyone else. Poor Senior support and leadership.
Poorly managed, unorganized
Current employee (Former Employee), DallasMay 1, 2013
Pros: growth, great benefits, good pay
Cons: poorly managed. understaffed, unorganized
Shame to see such a great company tarnished with poor management here in Dallas. Incompetent general manager, unorganized, understaffed and department set up for failure. No support, highly stressful and lack of effective communication. Great company to work for but need to have Dallas facilities issues y resolved.
Generally a good place to work
Production Electrician (Former Employee), Pembina, NDFebruary 26, 2013
Generally a good place to work. Quality product. Good benefits.
Clean working enviroment and well organized.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Pembina, NDFebruary 2, 2013
Other then the fact that there is no job security, Motor Coach was a good place to work. My Supervisor was fair and straight forward.
A shame to see such a great place drug down by bad management
Motor Coach Tech (Former Employee), Loudonville OhioJune 27, 2012
This company has always been about who is closest to the management people.The theme of the day is"how can you make me look good today/".

The Loudonville shop has lost SEVERAL good tech's on the account of management favoritism.

A good example of hiring of x military people. A sargent after 20 plus years doesn't make a supervisor in a tech shop.

The – more... worst management I ever worked for in my 44 plus years in the
bus industry. – less

July 6, 2012

Both statements are facts , at this place, plus with supervisor, covering up thousands of dollars wasted on wrong Dia. on repairs, just to cover (his Favorite Pal employee's tail) which in fact that person has done favors at his (supervisor)personal house, to help keep his job!!!!

Motor Coach Industries is one of the leading bus manufacturing companies in nort America and Canada
Bid/ Contract Team Leader / Supervisor (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILApril 4, 2012
Working for Motor Coach Industries was a great learning experience. As a Bid department team lead, I was given the opportunity to come in contact and work with some of the biggest transit agencies in North America.