Motor Coach Industries

Motor Coach Industries Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent wage and benefits
Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg MBJanuary 12, 2015
Very stressful work environment, co-workers are awesome. Poor management and air quality is very poor, a lot of exposure to highly toxic chemicals and fumes. Management shows a lot of favoritism. Provide training where needed.
Good salary but high stress
Commodity Manager (Current Employee), VariousAugust 18, 2014
Pros: higher than market salary
Cons: rapid ownership changes, lack of strategic direction
An established company with a big-company attitude, but mid-to-lower company sales & practices. They pay well, but it is fast-paced, cut-throat, and stressful. Frequent ownership changes in the past twenty years have led to poor fiscal management, departmental animosity, infighting, and a general lack of strategic direction. Like GM, it has rested on its successes of 25+ years ago, only to watch the competition catch up and overtake it. There are applaudable changes underway, but until the staff has confidence that the leaders are interested in the company's long-term outlook, the culture will continue to resist.
Enjoyable work place
Coach Assembler Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 29, 2014
I enjoyed working in the Assembly Department assembling many different kinds of Baggage Doors which each one had it's own specifications and materials. The job atmosphere/environment, people, fellow workers, work place safety standards and their Health Care Benefits etc was number one. Had great lunch room(s), washrooms and lockers. I also liked their hours of operation too.
Unfortunately contracts only last a few months at a time. You may not be called back for weeks/months later.
Always willing to give the extra mile when needed
Supplier Quality Assurance , Development Auditor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 29, 2013
Pros: recorgnitions
Cons: maintain processes
Challenges
Team work
Supportive
Team oriented
Implementations
See results on set goals
Productive and friendly workplace
Accountant - Financial (Current Employee), Winnipeg.MBMarch 14, 2013
Very pleasant environment
Team oriented management
I've learned A+
Welding helmets were provided
Welder, Fabricator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 28, 2013
I enjoyed the three weeks that I worked there but the sudden termination took me by surprise. When I asked for a reason I was told the company was cutting back . This was two weeks after they hired 600 people.
All and all is been ok
Employee History (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 30, 2012
All and all is been a nice journey with Mci ,unfortunately myself and many more people have suffered a dismissal due to restructuring of the company.I may had that I always took pride on my work and gived 150%
Toxic place to work
Asociate (Current Employee), WinnipegJune 8, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no employee recognition or appreciation
Company is still struggling financially, and so treats its employees with little to no respect for their efforts. Most employees are afraid to complain because they need their jobs. Management is definitely "top-down", with no interest in any ideas their staff may have.