VP of Sourcing
Motor Coach Industries Ltd. – Winnipeg, MB
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE www.mcicoach.com
Motor Coach Industries
1475 Clarence Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3T 1T5
Celebrating 80 years in business, Motor Coach Industries (MCI) has paved the way in the tour, charter, scheduled service, and transit markets. MCI is the largest manufacturer of intercity highway coaches in the U.S. and Canada with manufacturing facilities located in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Pembina, North Dakota and a strong North American network of sales and service centers.If you are looking for a rewarding career in a productive, goal-oriented environment, MCI has an opportunity available, based in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada for:
Vice President of Sourcing
This permanent, full time positions reporting to the CEO, drives development and implementation of MCI’s global vision and strategy for supplier selection and management processes across the entire organization. The Vice President of Sourcing partners with sales, manufacturing, finance, and quality to provide flexible, responsive, and innovative solutions. Compensation for this position will range from $150,000 to $200,000. Benefits offered include relocation assistance, basic life insurance, dental, vision; extended health, short term disability, long term disability, employee assistance plan, pension plan, and other optional life insurance.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment and contribute to the strategic direction of the organization with the executive leadership team.
- Bring a global perspective to quickly assimilate external information (e.g. market drivers, macroeconomic conditions, etc.) to anticipate those impacts across the business and develop associated strategies and action plans to maximize the opportunities.
- Develop and implement corporate sourcing/ supply chain strategies to harness economies of scale, drive economic value, and enable business growth.
- Deploy supplier management/commodity management/total cost principles to lead the global strategic supplier relationships for MCI and ensure they produce meaningful value to the organization.
- Develop and integrate best practices across MCI, ensuring the best use of effective sourcing and supply chain tools, techniques and processes including Lean and continuous improvement.
- Act as steward for MCI’s sourcing/supply chain talent pipeline. Build a diverse, high performing supply chain/ sourcing organization. Coach, mentor, and develop outstanding sourcing talent across the organization.
- Build and leverage strong relationships and networks both within and outside the organization. Effectively uses personal influence skills rather than authority to persuade others and gain support.
- Think and act globally to lead and collaborate effectively on a cross-functional basis. Align the business unit, local, regional and global organization to maximize achievement of sourcing objectives and continuity of supply to position sourcing as a competitive advantage for the Company.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Management of the strategic sourcing function with a solid track record initiating cost reduction improvement programs.
- Successful track record of transforming organizations through change management, process improvement and policy enhancements.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and align with the business units on supplier strategic sourcing processes, supplier management, supplier performance management, and integrated product design and development,
- Possesses demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes and technologies including e-Procurement.
- Development of people and teams to improved performance and personal growth.
- At least 15 years of experience in sourcing functions, along with three or more years in a sourcing leadership role, preferably in an industrial manufacturing organization, across a large multi-location, global business.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Direct responsibility for a spend base of at least $350 million in direct materials.
- Strong track record of developing and implementing a strategic plan resulting in significant financial and operational benefits for the organization.
- Strong track record of driving operational improvements (design and build) to support the business strategy.
- Specific experience and thought leadership in maximizing productivity through the use of innovative and progressive strategic sourcing methods, as well as experience in navigating varying levels of change in a large corporate or multinational environment.
- Will bring large group leadership in a matrixed, global organization. Proven results managing and developing talent.
- Experience executing international sourcing initiatives and operating with global responsibility; at a minimum, experience should include extensive work with suppliers outside the US.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. MCI is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive compensation and benefits, career growth and skill development. If you are interested in making a difference within our dynamic organization please apply to MCI's website or fax to 204.478.2859 with your cover letter and résumé.
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -