Motion Specialties

Motion Specialties Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
offered a wide variety of duties, great people to work with
Sales Administration (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2014
Pros: work with great people
Cons: long hours
There were many varied duties from dealing with customers on the phone and in person. Dealing with everything from order placement, purchasing, collections etc.
Agreeable worksite but company was moving into major change that back stepped my choice of employment there. Or so I thought and admit I was wrong.
Sales support (Former Employee), Carnforth Ave in Lawrence & Victoria ParkJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: the atonomy to do what you needed and when. offsite, outside work hour social gatherings.
Cons: certain off site management did not view employees as people.
Very open and jovial work environment that included daily consultation with sales reps, other support staff, management, and warehouse staff.
You can provided same products and services yet do so in completely different manner.
On site management team had open door policy and took time to speak with all employees when needed.
Most of the co-workers – more... were quite acceptable to having new staff and ideas on site.
The hardest part of the job is hearing the many hardships the clients had endurred to get to the point where they needed the company services.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help the client get what they needed to enhance their daily living needs. – less
Sales staff are very knowledgable
Regional Accounts Manager, LTC/Retirement Homes (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
I was very happy to be part of the Motion Specialties team for 2 1/2 years. I was a Rehab/ Mobility Consultant for 2 years and then promoted to Regional Accounts Manager. I was the primary contact for LTC's and Retirement homes to contact for daily business and to make sure all sales force were adhering to there responsibilities.
productive and fun work place
Driver/Technician (Current Employee), North York, ONNovember 29, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons: long hours
Great team of people to work with
lots of things to learn and people to meet
Management is very kind and reasonable
High-end Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa,onJune 3, 2013
Great co-workers,Management not so much. Fix Power Wheelchairs and troubleshoot.
A wonderful place to start your customer service career
Showroom sales (Current Employee), kingston, ontarioApril 12, 2013
Pros: flexibility for appointments
Cons: the money is not great and there is no advancement
I enjoy dealing with the customers. I speak to alot of people during the day.
Managment and co workers are very hard working
The hardest part of my job is not being able to please everyone
The best part of my job is the relationships I have developed with the clients and therapists and my coworkers
Field work, direct involvement with end-users
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 19, 2012
At Motion Specialties, no day was the same as the next. Be it installing elevators, servicing equipment or preventative maintenance, each day brought new challenges and chances to work hands on with people and equipment
Satisfying to see the clients happy
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJuly 3, 2012
Receiving inventory or parts for repairs, learned how to deal with disabled clients. Most enjoyable to see happy clients.
Motion Specialities
Supply chain manager (Former Employee), canadaSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: disorganised chain of command
A business with a great business model and ample room for company growth. The company was recently taken by a much larger corporation and looking to improve on it profitability and growth.

My task was to ensure that all production of mass customised products were delivered accurately and on time. This would involve working with the cross functional – more... supply chain within the location to ensure all criteria were met to get the product to the end user in a timely manner.

I was able to use my knowledge of integrations technology into supply chain to give better advisability of products status and stage of production . – less