Motion Specialties Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fast paced environment.
Sales Administrator (Former Employee), London, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: Discounted medical supplies
Cons: A constant feeling of insecurity. It always felt like the Company was going to close.
Productive and fast paced environment. While employed at Motion Specialties, I learned inventory control, scheduling, administration duties, and teamwork. Had a very good working relationship with my Management team. Some difficulties of the job were understanding the different personalities of co-workers and lack of proper communication between the corporate office and our office. The most enjoyable part of my job, was customer satisfaction. Knowing that I could make a difference in someones life.
Rental Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 10, 2015
A typical day at work is surrounded by lots of smiles and friendly co-workers all working very hard to help our clients. I learned to value the people that you work with. I am not leaving here because I wanted to leave, but the company was having lay offs and I was one of the people affected
Fun place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: very fun, fast paced, time flies
Cons: driving in the winter
This was a very fun place to work with fun people but I did not see it as a serious career path. If you are interested in making close to minimum wage and having a great time while doing so, this is the type of work place you should try to work at
sales coordinator
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), HamiltonJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: nice employees
Cons: poor management
this is an entry level position. This is a dumping desk for everything that happens in the office. Left to your own devices to figure things out for yourself. Product knowledge and years of employment does not make someone a trainer. When asking office manager questions responses are in a patronizing and condescending manner. CRM system is prehistoric and training is horrendous. Expected to go solo after a week with little direction due to process and instructions being unclear. GM is MIA and office manager is moody beyond acceptance. Employees are nice people.

The working conditions are terrible with no available working stations or proper chairs to use. Bathroom is disgusting with no ventilation and the kitchen is no better.

The interview is one sided with questions being fired at you ending with "do you have any questions".

Pay is poor for amount of work required. Don"t quit your job to go here.
Great co workers and clients.
Senior Clinical Educator/Product Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 31, 2014
Amazing place to work and grow professionally. Provides huge opportunity for autonomy and team work.
Loved the ecperience and role.
Once was a Great Place to Work
Serivce Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 24, 2014
Things Change, going from Local Management to being part of a Large Cooperation,
Rewarding work & brilliant colleagues.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere
Cons: i need more support to do my job effectively.
The mobility/medical rehab industry was something I had no experience with before. I have learnt a vast amount working here and find the work very rewarding. I'm very looking to have a good working relationship with my colleagues which creates a productive work environment. The hardest part of my job is I can't help everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is a happy customer.
Seating and Mobilting Consultant
Seating and Mobility Consultant (Former Employee), OntarioAugust 24, 2014
Enjoyed every minute of this position. enjoyed helping people and chnaging their lives for the better. Left this position to relocate
Customer Service
Retail Clerk (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONMay 23, 2014
Meeting new people and preparing food based on orders for the customer. Enjoyed the company of the employees, always a good time.
offered a wide variety of duties, great people to work with
Sales Administration (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2014
Pros: work with great people
Cons: long hours
There were many varied duties from dealing with customers on the phone and in person. Dealing with everything from order placement, purchasing, collections etc.
Agreeable worksite but company was moving into major change that back stepped my choice of employment there. Or so I thought and admit I was wrong.
Sales support (Former Employee), Carnforth Ave in Lawrence & Victoria ParkJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: the atonomy to do what you needed and when. offsite, outside work hour social gatherings.
Cons: certain off site management did not view employees as people.
Very open and jovial work environment that included daily consultation with sales reps, other support staff, management, and warehouse staff.
You can provided same products and services yet do so in completely different manner.
On site management team had open door policy and took time to speak with all employees when needed.
Most of the co-workers were quite acceptable to having new staff and ideas on site.
The hardest part of the job is hearing the many hardships the clients had endurred to get to the point where they needed the company services.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help the client get what they needed to enhance their daily living needs.
Sales staff are very knowledgable
Regional Accounts Manager, LTC/Retirement Homes (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
I was very happy to be part of the Motion Specialties team for 2 1/2 years. I was a Rehab/ Mobility Consultant for 2 years and then promoted to Regional Accounts Manager. I was the primary contact for LTC's and Retirement homes to contact for daily business and to make sure all sales force were adhering to there responsibilities.
productive and fun work place
Driver/Technician (Current Employee), North York, ONNovember 29, 2013
Pros: lots of opportunity for overtime
Cons: long hours
Great team of people to work with
lots of things to learn and people to meet
Management is very kind and reasonable
High-end Technician (Current Employee), Ottawa,onJune 3, 2013
Great co-workers,Management not so much. Fix Power Wheelchairs and troubleshoot.
A wonderful place to start your customer service career
Showroom sales (Current Employee), kingston, ontarioApril 12, 2013
Pros: flexibility for appointments
Cons: the money is not great and there is no advancement
I enjoy dealing with the customers. I speak to alot of people during the day.
Managment and co workers are very hard working
The hardest part of my job is not being able to please everyone
The best part of my job is the relationships I have developed with the clients and therapists and my coworkers
Field work, direct involvement with end-users
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 19, 2012
At Motion Specialties, no day was the same as the next. Be it installing elevators, servicing equipment or preventative maintenance, each day brought new challenges and chances to work hands on with people and equipment
Motion Specialities
Supply chain manager (Former Employee), canadaSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: disorganised chain of command
A business with a great business model and ample room for company growth. The company was recently taken by a much larger corporation and looking to improve on it profitability and growth.

My task was to ensure that all production of mass customised products were delivered accurately and on time. This would involve working with the cross functional supply chain within the location to ensure all criteria were met to get the product to the end user in a timely manner.

I was able to use my knowledge of integrations technology into supply chain to give better advisability of products status and stage of production .
Satisfying to see the clients happy
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJuly 3, 2012
Receiving inventory or parts for repairs, learned how to deal with disabled clients. Most enjoyable to see happy clients.