Motion Specialties Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 November 2016
The job is good. We get independency in work. Since it was through agency i was not able to show my work proficiency since i was limited
Not a good place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 August 2016
Motions is NOT Client Focused nor do they care about their employees. Run horribly from their Head office.
Run far away from this company
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Friendly workplace
Home Accessibility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 April 2016
A typical day was busy, but I enjoy busy. I would schedule my technicians, process quotations and work orders for my sales reps, invoice when completed, send quotations to ministry and deal with customer inquiries. In a position like this, you need to know how to prioritise and I learned to do that well.

I enjoyed the positive outlook my co-workers would bring to work and I enjoyed helping our clients. When you help someone, it brings a new meaning to your work.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 March 2016
Everyday was a different day. You would go from building a wheelchair to building an outdoor elevator. The management of the company was great because everyone had a positive attitude.
Good Benefits
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 December 2015
Very good benefit packages offered to all employees regardless of position. New management has increased morale over the past year.
Poorly managed , very low moral ,
installation technician (Former Employee) –  Sudbury Ontario21 April 2015
Not a hard job , Self gratifying when completing an install or making repairs, great to see that what you have done will be helping someone in need, have a better quality of life. Co - workers are great , management is a different story, No support , no tools , no technical information, no communications , no guidance
Pros
It is a needed service in the community.
Cons
Very poorly managed at the branch level.
Productive and fast paced environment.
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 April 2015
Productive and fast paced environment. While employed at Motion Specialties, I learned inventory control, scheduling, administration duties, and teamwork. Had a very good working relationship with my Management team. Some difficulties of the job were understanding the different personalities of co-workers and lack of proper communication between the corporate office and our office. The most enjoyable part of my job, was customer satisfaction. Knowing that I could make a difference in someones life.
Pros
Discounted medical supplies
Cons
A constant feeling of insecurity. It always felt like the Company was going to close.
Rental Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 April 2015
A typical day at work is surrounded by lots of smiles and friendly co-workers all working very hard to help our clients. I learned to value the people that you work with. I am not leaving here because I wanted to leave, but the company was having lay offs and I was one of the people affected
Fun place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 March 2015
This was a very fun place to work with fun people but I did not see it as a serious career path. If you are interested in making close to minimum wage and having a great time while doing so, this is the type of work place you should try to work at
Pros
Very fun, fast paced, time flies
Cons
driving in the winter
sales coordinator
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton13 January 2015
this is an entry level position. This is a dumping desk for everything that happens in the office. Left to your own devices to figure things out for yourself. Product knowledge and years of employment does not make someone a trainer. When asking office manager questions responses are in a patronizing and condescending manner. CRM system is prehistoric and training is horrendous. Expected to go solo after a week with little direction due to process and instructions being unclear. GM is MIA and office manager is moody beyond acceptance. Employees are nice people.

The working conditions are terrible with no available working stations or proper chairs to use. Bathroom is disgusting with no ventilation and the kitchen is no better.

The interview is one sided with questions being fired at you ending with "do you have any questions".

Pay is poor for amount of work required. Don"t quit your job to go here.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Poor management
Great co workers and clients.
Senior Clinical Educator/Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2014
Amazing place to work and grow professionally. Provides huge opportunity for autonomy and team work.
Loved the ecperience and role.
Once was a Great Place to Work
Serivce Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 October 2014
Things Change, going from Local Management to being part of a Large Cooperation,
Rewarding work & brilliant colleagues.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2014
The mobility/medical rehab industry was something I had no experience with before. I have learnt a vast amount working here and find the work very rewarding. I'm very looking to have a good working relationship with my colleagues which creates a productive work environment. The hardest part of my job is I can't help everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is a happy customer.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
I need more support to do my job effectively.
Seating and Mobilting Consultant
Seating and Mobility Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 August 2014
Enjoyed every minute of this position. enjoyed helping people and chnaging their lives for the better. Left this position to relocate
Customer Service
Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON23 May 2014
Meeting new people and preparing food based on orders for the customer. Enjoyed the company of the employees, always a good time.
offered a wide variety of duties, great people to work with
Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2014
There were many varied duties from dealing with customers on the phone and in person. Dealing with everything from order placement, purchasing, collections etc.
Pros
work with great people
Cons
Agreeable worksite but company was moving into major change that back stepped my choice of employment there. Or so I thought and admit I was wrong.
Sales support (Former Employee) –  Carnforth Ave in Lawrence & Victoria Park22 January 2014
Very open and jovial work environment that included daily consultation with sales reps, other support staff, management, and warehouse staff.
You can provided same products and services yet do so in completely different manner.
On site management team had open door policy and took time to speak with all employees when needed.
Most of the co-workers were quite acceptable to having new staff and ideas on site.
The hardest part of the job is hearing the many hardships the clients had endurred to get to the point where they needed the company services.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to help the client get what they needed to enhance their daily living needs.
Pros
The atonomy to do what you needed and when. Offsite, outside work hour social gatherings.
Cons
Certain off site management did not view employees as people.
Sales staff are very knowledgable
Regional Accounts Manager, LTC/Retirement Homes (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2013
I was very happy to be part of the Motion Specialties team for 2 1/2 years. I was a Rehab/ Mobility Consultant for 2 years and then promoted to Regional Accounts Manager. I was the primary contact for LTC's and Retirement homes to contact for daily business and to make sure all sales force were adhering to there responsibilities.
productive and fun work place
Driver/Technician (Current Employee) –  North York, ON29 November 2013
Great team of people to work with
lots of things to learn and people to meet
Management is very kind and reasonable
Pros
lots of opportunity for overtime
High-end Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa,on3 June 2013
Great co-workers,Management not so much. Fix Power Wheelchairs and troubleshoot.

2.6