BC Bearing/Motion Canada, a leading distributor of industrial MRO (maintenance, repair and operation replacement) parts, and the largest Bearing and Power Transmission Company in NA are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Manager for their 77,000 sq ft distribution center in Edmonton. This exciting and challenging position reports into the Distribution Center Manager and leads a team of Warehouse Supervisors in managing day-to-day DC operations to maintain optimal levels of product inventory and ensure effective distribution of product to branches and customers.
Motion Canada is an industry leader with approximately $430 million in sales and over 60 branches across Canada. With a national platform, a track record of success, an entrepreneurial executive team, and the backing of a multi-billion dollar parent company (Motion Industries) Motion Canada is positioned for strong growth across Canada. The company is a leading industrial distributor and provider of more than 4.8 million parts and services.
- Under the direction of the Distribution Center Manager, utilize personal experience and training, tools and policies provided by Motion Industries, and talents of DC warehouse team.
- Decisions must support both short and long-term goals.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with established DC and Company policies, procedures and guidelines.
Safety, Health & Environmental:
- Directs and administers established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures
- Ensures all employees actively participate in established safety programs
- Ensures that all identified job hazards are promptly reported and corrected
Sales & Customer Service:
- Leads the DC warehouse team to provide excellent customer service that will enhance and support Company operations and sales
- Creates materials for and conducts “capabilities” presentations to customers as needed (inventory levels, conversion shop, industrial supplies, special deliveries, after hours service)
- Maintains overall responsibility for ensuring a high-level of customer service, which may include adherence to customer agreements, and resolution of problems surrounding delivery of products
Other Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintains key relationships with providers of equipment and supplies required for DC operations (mobile equipment, conveyor equipment, maintenance, freight carriers, etc)
- Schedules workforce to meet required staffing and customer service needs
- Fills in for other DC positions as needed
- Complies with Motion Industries’ Driving Standards Policy
- Understands potential to be on-call on nights or weekends, depended on need
- Maintains responsibility for physical plant, including cleanliness and security
- Directs DC warehouse team in refining, developing and implementing DC programs as needed, in conjunction with the business plans of the DC and Motion Industries
- Escalates decisions to appropriate DC Management and Corporate support (e.g. HR, facility required contracts, media inquiries, etc)
- Assists DC Manager with overall accountability for all financial results, sales, expenses, and asset control
- Understands Key Performance Indicators
- Ensures compliance with Motion Industries’ Performance Standards, with proper recognition of investment for long-term growth
- Assists with preparation of annual budget and leads the DC warehouse team to achieve financial goals
- Assists DC Manager to review financial package monthly with the DC management team to ensure DC meets established expense goals, analyzes expenses and determine ways to reduce costs
- Assists DC Manager to ensure reasonableness and accuracy of financial statements
- Understands potential to assume responsibility for Asset Management within the DC
- Complies with all Motion Industries Operating Policies and Procedures, including all Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Develops effective relationships with DC management team to ensure effective leadership
- Ensures compliance with GPC and Motion Industries’ HR policies, including Code of Conduct
- Sets the example of proper conduct and professionalism in the DC, with employees, customers and suppliers
- Possesses and employs knowledge of both leadership and management skills
- Provides direct supervision to DC Warehouse Supervisors (may include other direct reports): completes and communicates performance evaluations on a timely basis and provides coaching, training and guidance; assumes responsibility for recruiting, hiring, and terminating employees (as relevant)
- Shares company information with DC warehouse team as appropriate
- Interacts with DC Management and employees to resolve employee performance issues
- Interacts with other Company locations/departments, DC employees, and suppliers to resolve any problems with customer orders, quality and safety
- Attends job-related training sessions regularly to continue professional growth and development
Education and Experience:
- Leadership, communication, relationship and people management skills required
- Analytical and mathematical skills required, financial acumen preferred
- Warehouse/distribution experience required
- Reliability, organization and attention to detail required
- Moderate computer skills, including communicating internally and externally via email, performing some financial calculations and generating reports; proficient at using business systems required
- May need to be certified to operate a forklift and/or other mobile equipment
- Good driving record required
- Education, College preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk, or hear
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds, with assistance as necessary
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Indeed - 14 months ago
BC Bearing/Motion Canada, a leading distributor of industrial MRO (maintenance, repair and operation replacement) parts, and the largest...