BC Bearing/Motion Canada, a leading distributor of industrial MRO (maintenance, repair and operation) replacement parts, and the largest Bearing and Power Transmission Company is NA is currently recruiting for Fluid Power Journeyman/Millwright for their Service Shop in Calgary. This unique and challenging position reports into the Branch/Shop Manager in Calgary.
Motion Canada is an industry leader with approximately $430 million in sales and provider of more than 4.8 million parts and services, with over 60 branches across Canada. With a national platform, a track record of success, an entrepreneurial executive team, and the backing of a multi-billion dollar parent company (Motion Industries) Motion Canada is positioned for strong growth across Canada.
- Works in accordance company safety standards & government safety regulations
- Works in accordance with ISO standards
- Read diagrams & schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Inspect & examine machinery & equipment to detect & investigate irregularities & malfunctions
- Adjust machinery & repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes & grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate & perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Assemble machinery & equipment using machining tools hand & power tools, & welding equipment
- Operate hoisting & lifting devices safely to position machinery & parts during installation; set-up, and repair of machinery
- Track hours worked on each shop work order
- Participate in shop and field projects
- May involve shift work
- Willingness to travel – 75% of work will be field work with some overnight travel
- Able to read and understanding technical drawings and service manuals
- PC skills, in particular Word, excel and Outlook
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to analyze and solve technical (hydraulic) challenges in a practical manner (MUST have experience with hydraulic component repair)
- Able to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Able to communicate effectively with Shop Foreman, Office Administrator and Services Coordinator
- Operation and safe use of shop equipment, machining tools and welding equipment
- Time management skills to manage work to tight deadlines
- Able to make knowledgeable decisions with confidence
- Ticketed Millwright with a focus on hydraulic component repair, system troubleshooting, etc.
- Minimum 5 years experience
- ISO standards and Safety Regulations as they apply to employment location
- Certified for forklift and crane operation an asset
- Additional safety, technical or site specific training certificates an asset
Indeed - 15 months ago
BC Bearing/Motion Canada, a leading distributor of industrial MRO (maintenance, repair and operation replacement) parts, and the largest...