BC Bearing/Motion Canada, a leading distributor of industrial MRO (maintenance, repair and operation replacement) parts, and the largest Bearing and Power Transmission Company in NA is currently recruiting for a Regional Sales Director for Ontario. This exciting and challenging position reports into the Vice President-Sales & Marketing and will oversee a team of Branch Managers, Operations Managers, and may also include other direct reports.
Motion Canada is an industry leader with approximately $430 million in sales and over 60 branches across Canada. With a national platform, a track record of success, an entrepreneurial executive team, and the backing of a multi-billion dollar parent company (Motion Industries) Motion Canada is positioned for strong growth across Canada. The company is a leading industrial distributor and provider of more than 4.8 million parts and services.
Reporting into the Vice-President, Sales & Marketing the Regional Sales Director is accountable for the development and implementation of a set of strategies that will increase sales and ensure efficient and effective operation of all branches in the region.
Key Accountabilities: Sales
• Overall responsibility for sales, gross margin and net income for the region.
• Responsible for business development in the region.
• Develop and implement strategic sales plans and sales management processes to best meet the needs of the customers.
• To create and implement a strategy that will increase the effectiveness of the Branch Managers and Account Representatives across the region to increase sales consistent with the corporate goals.
• Provides leadership on the effective mentoring, training, and professional development of the Branch Managers, Account Representatives and Operations team.
• Includes hiring and termination decisions for the region (dependent on approvals).
• Responsible for the forecast for the region.
• Develop and meet annual and quarterly sales budgets.
• Apply structured and disciplined approach to tracking sales activities, leads and results.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date pipeline and sales forecast.
Education and Experience:
• 10+ years in sales management
• Proven success in developing new sales territories
• Excellent business planning skills – setting goals, driving initiatives, measuring success
• Strong ability to negotiate and articulate business value
• Ability to define and implement new processes in order to penetrate new markets
• Dynamic leader willing to invest in interviewing, hiring/firing and training of team members
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Superior written and verbal communication skills – less