Motherhood Maternity

Motherhood Maternity Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Mostly wonderful customers
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2014
Nice place to work, happy customers. Never enough payroll hours. I had really good employees, but needed to compensate for the lack of payroll hours by working myself. Usually worked one person in the store. No breaks.

Despite these issues, this was a fun job because the customers were excited.
Prego to Go
Maternity Expert (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great discount, intimate environment, friendly people
Cons: intense pressure to sell
This is a very sweet place to work at. It's a very intimate environment, depending on your location you can be among a few co-workers or by yourself.

The location I worked at was a small volume store, so I usually worked independently or with my store manager.

In the smaller locations everyone had keys to the store, so everyone was responsible for – more... opening/closing procedures. Everyone did everything. There was no other way around it, so if you're lazy or expecting to get out of being responsible this job would not be for you.

You get to know your co-workers on a very intimate basis since there is a small crew in any shift. This can either make or break your experience.

The customers are pretty chill for the most part. They come in wanting help, so as the "maternity expert" it's your duty to study and become as knowledgeable as possible about the product and latest trends and education in pregnancy. It truly is sweet to see mommies with their new born babies or as they come in to see you throughout their transitioning trimesters. You develop good relationships with these people, when you are sincere.

Also, people are usually there to SPEND MONEY! Which in turn helps your personal sales. I had a few huge sales over $500 which puts you on this list for the whole district to see and gawk over your numbers. The more of these you have, the quicker you move up in your district number and the more you are recognized as a top seller.

There are contests the company does where you can win prizes, and you also get a really good discount, if you don't mind wearing pregnancy clothes, despite even if you're not pregnant. – less
great place to work
Sales Associate & Cashier/ key holder (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCJuly 14, 2014
great place to work, you get to meet alot of diffrent people and be apart of there experience of motherhood.
awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2014
I dont know why I stayed so long, it gave me a headache for the entire year...No hours, they hire more and people when they dont have hours to give..I do not recommend this company to anyone. I couldnt pay my bills with the checks I was getting one point.
Independence and responsibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: customer satisfaction
Cons: unstable heathy working environment
great place to learn the aspect of independent working.
large quantities of physical resposibility places unto each associate.
The company runs as a team and only through this team effort can ultimate goals be achieved.
helping new moms feel better about themselves was gratifying
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), tampabay area, flJune 28, 2014
Pros: contests to win great things
Cons: no breaks
loved my job, however never getting a break was tough. I had to sneak in a fitting room when it was dead & eat.
worked with amazing associates & other store managers.
No room to advance.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Killeen, MallJune 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and having a great time
Cons: management was not the best.
This was a great company to work for but the management was unfortunately not the best, she fraternized with other employees and cut my hours tremendously even though i was selling 151% a day. I was always respectful because I was thought treat others how you want to be treated.
Great Place to work
Personnel Clerk-Telemarketer (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: team enviorment
Cons: layoff
Great place to work. there was opportunity to utilize your skills. they were very receptive to ideals
The customers are my motivation
Asst Manager (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDJune 10, 2014
Stocking, making thank you calls to customers.I learned about making schedules,floorset, being a leader an marketing. The most enjoyable part are the customers.
Productive and a fun and loving place to work
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJune 10, 2014
A typical day at work is paperwork before the gate opens, when the gate opens nothing else matters but the sales and the clients. when the store closes there is paperwork to be completed and call in all numbers that were made that day. What I have learned is that you can make anyone happy just by attending to their needs. Making them feel confident – more... in themselves makes me feel better about myself and my job. It is a friendly and loving environment filled with love . My co-workers felt more close than ever because we all worked together and at the end of our shift the numbers always showed. The most enjoyable part was coming in and not expecting to leave out feeling refreshed and ready for the next work day. – less
An opportunity to show my willingness to help
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZMay 26, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, interaction with a wide range of customers
Cons: being pressured to persuade customers to purchase more items
As a sales associate at Motherhood Maternity, I was responsible for helping with store stock, customer service, cash register operation, and maintaining store cleanliness. I learned how to work with a wide range of people, how to run a cash register, and how to take responsibility for my work and accomplishments. The manager of my store knew that she – more... could rely on me to accomplish any tasks she needed me to around the store. I respected her and was happy to help her as she needed. My co-workers knew that if they needed someone to cover their shift, I would do my best to be able to be that person. The hardest part of this job for me was meeting my goal numbers for the amount of sales I made. I learned that it is against my character to be a pushy sales person. The thing I enjoyed most about this job, though, was helping customers find the things they needed, and being friendly and joyful in my service to each customer. – less
Fast-pace Client based Retail
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SdMay 10, 2014
Motherhood is a company that prides itself on helping the client feel beautiful in their new pregnant bodies. It is a fast-pace, selling culture job that requires a lot of product knowledge and high customer service skills. The hardest part of the job is balancing the tasks that have to be completed while achieving metric goals. The most enjoyable part – more... of the jobs is creating the connections with the clients that translate into long standing relationships. – less
Its not that bad of a place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Omaha NEApril 10, 2014
Worst part of it is having to work all by yourself. I don't really remember much about this place
Motherhood Review
Maternity Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lithonia, GAApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: limited hours
Motherhood is a great company to work for. It introduces you to the operations of a retail store. As a worker at Motherhood I opened and closed the registers, assisted clients with all of their needs and wants. I executed floor sets, helped open and close stores, opened up credit card accounts. I processed shipment and made sure paper
Nice place
Retail Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAMarch 15, 2014
Helping pregnant women find what they need and want for there pregnancies is fun. Great work environment but its part time unless you are store manager.
Productive,
HAND 2 HOME (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great hours
I learned so much here, especially about diversity. it was nice helping assist mothers through pregnancy.
Definitely an interesting experience dealing with pregnant women
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 24, 2014
I worked trying to find the right look for a pregnant women.
i learned to be patient and vulnerable with the pregnant women the way they were vulnerable with me when they came in talking about their pregnancies.
my manager was the best manager ive ever known
co workers were great as well
the hardest part of the job was having to learn along the way – more... about pregnant women"s needs. I Knew nothing so when they asked me questions at first i was very unknowledgeable.
the most enjoyable part of the job was being around pregnant women all day and learning more about their needs – less
Love the Company, but..
Supervisor (Current Employee), Gurnee, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: amazing manager, product is excellent
Cons: no vacation time earned, not able to work 30+ hours
The company itself is great I love the idea of helping woman feel great about themselves during a special time in their lives is wonderful. I feel my job is jeopardy when business isn't going the way they want them going.
Loved maternity and helping women during their time of pregnancy.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Victorville, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Great clothing and comfortable for women who are expecting.
Great, easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Southaven, MSJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: got to dress other people
Cons: i was pregnant
I worked every hard at this job. I made sure the store was in order, drove back and forth to the other stores and made sure that store was in order, put up clothes, tend to the customers, open and close the store, deposit the money at the back. I learn how to work with all women. My manager helped me out a a lot in my life and while working in the store – more... and going to school. My co-workers was awesome. The hardest part was on my feet all day while pregnant. The enjoyable part is being able to dress other pregnant women and making them feel good about themselves. – less

About Motherhood Maternity

The destination for moms-to-be may be a store operated by Destination Maternity, a designer and seller of  mid-priced to high-end – Read more

Motherhood Maternity Photos