Motherhood Maternity

Motherhood Maternity Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Fashionable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 29, 2014
I enjoyed working in retail for being able to help mothers to be during the special maternity period. Work days were busy but still enjoyable to see all mothers to be finding comfortable clothes and thank you for it. I hence customer services skills, sales skills, and to satisfy need and wants of customers.
Working with expectant mothers and being part of their experience was fun
Manager (Former Employee), 2 locations Edmonton AlbertaJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hours, not being acknowledged for hard work done
With working in a maternity store you had a short period of time to work with your customers. By that I mean they are only pregnant for 9 months so our interaction was short yet fun because we were able to walk expectant mothers through the process of being pregnant and giving them fashion advise for this small but important demographic community.

My – more... job as the manager was training my staff to work with these ladies and understand that they are different from the average shopper. Their needs are different and we needed to be aware of that on a constant bases.

I also did the merchandising of the store as the floor plan dictated, however I made store based decisions on what was best for my location.

The staff was also trained on floor set because I am a strong believer in knowing I cant be there 24/7 so my staff was taught how to do the floor set.

I also believed in training for succession as my goal was to move up in the company and I wanted a trained staff to continue running the store.

I enjoyed training and coaching my staff, especially the staff that hadn't experienced being pregnant.

The hardest part of the job was the company was American owned and the laws in the US and Canada are different so it was a challenge when the Canadian stores were being governed by US policies. – less
Responsibilities
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 22, 2012
Pros: i enjoy having responsibilities and being able to operate the store single-handed at times
Cons: not enough hours per week
There are many times throughout the week that I am left alone to open the store, or for multiple hours in the evening before closing. I must count the till in the morning, file emails and daily memos, provide excellent customer service on a first-name basis with the client, ensure general housekeeping of the store, balance the cash till at night and – more... place deposit in the safe, nightly call-in to the district manager, close and lock store. – less
a job with connections
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), austin TexasOctober 19, 2014
loved the personal connection I was able to build with each client
from 2months to birth of child

new clients , new babies
Great company with wonderful people to work with.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCOctober 7, 2014
Pros: helping others, management, home office is very good with getting back to the store about problems
Cons: no benefits, by myself most of the time, everything is old because its an old store.
Greet customers, help them figure out what what type of clothing makes them look great and feel comfortable. Process payroll. Co workers are amazing, very friendly and love them to death. Hardest part of the job is that I am by myself most of the time. Most enjoyable part is seeing the excitement in the customers faces when they find the perfect outfit.
Fun and sometimes challenging job with great management
Merchandising Sales Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 6, 2014
-Ensured that a proper level of stock was maintained on a daily basis.
-Displayed merchandise correctly with proper signage and shelf placement according to current plan-o-gram on a daily basis.
-Executed promotional campaigns created by the manufacturer to boost sales volume, monitored sales volume, inspected inventory levels, and maintained in-store – more... promotional materials throughout the promotional period.
-Processed returns and damaged items according to standard operating procedures on scheduled days.
-Effectively communicated with district manager as well as corporate through email on a daily basis. – less
great palce to wokr...getting tpo clients on a personal level
Sales Associate (Current Employee), middletown nyOctober 6, 2014
Pros: seeing new babies
Excellent place to work. Have been with the company for over year now. have learned and still learning a lot.
Excellent Training and Review
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), El Cajon, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great environment of helping women in a very special time in their lives
Cons: almost impossible stat requirements
On the job training was excellent as was suggestions on ways to improve. A day would consist of greeting clients as they walked in, and asking probing questions to find out their needs. It was my job to assist in finding the right product for my client as well as provide suggestive selling for items that they may need as well. I would also assist with – more... scheduling and payroll processing. Do weekly deposits and conference calls. I was in charge of monthly floor set design changes that were Corporate initiated as well as daily changes required. Opening and closing of the store depending on my shift. My co workers were great and so helpful and fun. The most difficult part of the job was really trying to upsell clients on products that they didn't necessarily want that our GM was requesting we up sell. Other than that it was a great job! – less
A great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waterford, CTSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: not very busy, which made for a long day
Management and coworkers were great, but it was a very slow store.
Unorganized and unethical.
Multi Store Manager/Acting District Manager (Current Employee), Auburn, WASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: clients, clothing
Cons: no breaks even lunch, no recognition, low pay, no shift overlap with another employee, company will take months to repay you travel and expense.
I was with Motherhood in upper management for four years. We are asked to ignore all federal and state break guidelines as well as follw unethical practices on terming employees. There is no positive recognition for improvement of stores and even at 125% plan on the year and top in the company a store manager is given a "competant" and not "excellent" – more... on reviews. It is a very unhealthy environment. – less
Unorganized and unethical.
Pros: clients, clothing
Motherhood
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orem, UTAugust 31, 2014
Motherhood maternity was not the best experience for retailers. Unless you have a good manager which I didn't.
Sales to mothers to be
Sales Representative/Part-time (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great job overall
Cons: making a mother to be happy
Interacted and assisted customers on a daily basis. Promoted sales of events sponsored by corporate office. Responded to written and telephone conferences. Management was great, co-workers helped each other.
Great company to work for.
Department Manager/ Visual (Former Employee), SFAugust 21, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: not enough hours
Overall this is a great place to work at. I loved the DM she was very hand on and willing to help in any situation. You really feel appreciated by the company. It was an overall great experience.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 18, 2014
Learned how to be a sales expert.
friendly, flexible with schedule.
Good Job
Store Manager (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLAugust 13, 2014
Pros: friendly customers
Cons: one person coverage all day
This is a strong friendly and professional place to work. The company is very good at backing there employees and making you feel valued. Its a simple customer service job.
Great Company
Multi Unit Store Manager (Current Employee), Midland, TXJuly 30, 2014
This is a wonderful company to work for. I received all the proper training to become a successful store manager. Daily duties include receiving and putting new freight out on the sales floor, ensuring sales floor is clean and organized at all times, and above all customer service. We love to wardrobe our clients for their entire pregnancy. My favorite – more... part of the job is working with our clientele and really being able to connect with them. – less
Mostly wonderful customers
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2014
Nice place to work, happy customers. Never enough payroll hours. I had really good employees, but needed to compensate for the lack of payroll hours by working myself. Usually worked one person in the store. No breaks.

Despite these issues, this was a fun job because the customers were excited.
Prego to Go
Maternity Expert (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great discount, intimate environment, friendly people
Cons: intense pressure to sell
This is a very sweet place to work at. It's a very intimate environment, depending on your location you can be among a few co-workers or by yourself.

The location I worked at was a small volume store, so I usually worked independently or with my store manager.

In the smaller locations everyone had keys to the store, so everyone was responsible for – more... opening/closing procedures. Everyone did everything. There was no other way around it, so if you're lazy or expecting to get out of being responsible this job would not be for you.

You get to know your co-workers on a very intimate basis since there is a small crew in any shift. This can either make or break your experience.

The customers are pretty chill for the most part. They come in wanting help, so as the "maternity expert" it's your duty to study and become as knowledgeable as possible about the product and latest trends and education in pregnancy. It truly is sweet to see mommies with their new born babies or as they come in to see you throughout their transitioning trimesters. You develop good relationships with these people, when you are sincere.

Also, people are usually there to SPEND MONEY! Which in turn helps your personal sales. I had a few huge sales over $500 which puts you on this list for the whole district to see and gawk over your numbers. The more of these you have, the quicker you move up in your district number and the more you are recognized as a top seller.

There are contests the company does where you can win prizes, and you also get a really good discount, if you don't mind wearing pregnancy clothes, despite even if you're not pregnant. – less
great place to work
Sales Associate & Cashier/ key holder (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCJuly 14, 2014
great place to work, you get to meet alot of diffrent people and be apart of there experience of motherhood.

1 2 3 4 5

About Motherhood Maternity

The destination for moms-to-be may be a store operated by Destination Maternity, a designer and seller of  mid-priced to high-end – Read more

Motherhood Maternity Photos