Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee Employee Reviews

Productive, action packed workplace (Maintenance department)
Manufacturing Engineering Student (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2017
The atmosphere is very friendly and inclusive which is a great benefit to start a new position with. There is constantly something going on so you'll always have work on your desk but that's expected when it comes to maintaining a 24/7 operating plant. With the help of your smart coworkers and reliable supervision, Mother Parker's is definitely a good workplace I would recommend to anyone looking at the manufacturing/production work environment.

As a 4-month co-op student, a typical day involved creating reports, complicated spreadsheets and combing over work orders, machine manuals and the parts database. You'll be given the guidance you need to complete your tasks but expect a fast-paced workflow and differing deadlines you'll have to prioritize to complete.
Pros
Free lunches, great environment, laid-back but hardworking atmosphere
Cons
May be stressful to start, fast-paced, not for everyone
its ok for temporary work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 September 2017
Hired thru Randstad so you are not really a legit MParkers employee. As such you are treated differently so no one really knows you at work. Some employees/supervisors might take advantage of you because of that so be careful. i.e. One time i witnessed employee X and supervisor Y abusing break times and so I had to do 2x work than usual. Hours are long and you are on your feet all the time and will be tiring. Pay is also not the greatest. Overall, I would say if your desperate for some extra coin I would work here. There are certainly better warehouse jobs that pay better and have benefits.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
long hours, might have lazy employees and supervisors
Difficult people to work with.
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 July 2017
No systems in place to support business.
Management are not supportive.
People that have worked their for a long time are resistant to change.
Overall not a health work environment.
Cons
enviroment and culture
Best work culture
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2017
Best place to work and the machines used in th warehouse are the one of the best machines ever seen in the warehouse . Good work culture and the supervisor is very helpful.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Over time avaliable
Amazing work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2017
Get coworkers, safe and easy going work place. Great boss and the work is very fast paced great for quick learners. Friendly and very helpful when getting trained. And they teach you safe work place rules
Good place with decent timings - Not very progressive though
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2017
A pretty good work place.
Sometimes the work can be hard.
Pay is decent.
Sometimes there are free lunches.
Sometimes the supervisors are very rude.
Fellow workers are not too cooperative.
productive and fun
production packer (Former Employee) –  2530 standfield road mississauga ontario24 March 2017
people working there are great. they are approachable and has good manners. It has clean working area and has good secure of the locker as well as the lounge room is perfectly sanitize.
Pros
free ice pops, coffee and chocolate drinks
Cons
long hours of working
A great place to work.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 December 2016
I found Mother Parkers a good place to start your career in Canada. As a production associate I learned many things as being a team player and coordinating with team members. How to work in fast pace. Everyday I had multiple tasks assigned and learn different skills which are basics requirements for Production related environment.The most enjoyable part of the job was to work in R&D department and do some quality testing and providing feedback to the management.
Pros
Free Coffee and Tea
Was a very large part of my learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
Management was very professional, enjoyed the hours and people I worked with. Had a small store to order personal items to take home if desired.

Learned a lot of skills that a I can now use in my future positions. I enjoyed working on my own and as a group. The hours were great.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Contract position for only 2 years
Extremely fast-paced work environment
WAREHOUSE LABORER (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON21 November 2016
I was hired through Randstad employment agency, therefore I was not really a Mother Parkers employee. Because of this, the management never really got to know me and I did not see much of them. The workplace was very hot and fast-paced. I got along with all of my co-workers and made a few friends. I really enjoyed the hours which was Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
There was no air conditioning or doors or windows so it got very stuffy and hot
Working in clean and safe environment and with good colleagues
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2016
Working in production is challenging but with the help and support of colleagues and supervisor, it makes the job easier.

The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting production goal.
Pros
Free Coffee
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON / Calgary, AB31 October 2016
Each day was exciting and fun. I learned some unique qualities about the commodities market and how to manage National accounts. Most of the management were very talented and good at their jobs. Co-Workers were great to work with. The hardest part of the job was to try and predict the commodities market. Great job and great company to work for.
Pros
Awesome Canadian owned company to work for
Cons
Subject to the commodity market
No comment so far
PRODUCTION OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2016
This is a good organization. Hoping to have a chance to switch from agency to Mother Parker. I can learn a lot to this organization.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
its okay to work long hours
A fast paced working environment
Coordinator Payroll & Benefits (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2016
Day to day payroll and benefits assignment, reviewing emails, phone calls. Processing payroll on designated day.

The environment was cordial and I benefitted by learning indepth in terms of payroll and benefits
Fun exciting diverse environment
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2015
Mother Parkers Tea & Coffee is a great atmosphere to work in. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Always work as a team!
Ok
Infrastructure Manager/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2015
Positive experience for the most part. Exciting while company was growing, The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I was able to work with.
Fun place to work great people great owners
Lead Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ajax Ontario8 April 2015
Review previous shift's production, communication requirements with team, lead production team meetings, lead team leaders with day to day issues, conduct month H&S meeting, work team leaders on continuous improvements.
Pros
Tea on the train car with the owners
Cons
A fantastic Group to work with, lots of team effort, & incentives
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Missauga18 June 2014
Ilearned the intricacies involved in the coffee manufaturing process.
a typical day at work, entails lots of hands on involvement in different aspects of production.
the hardest part of the is the distance for me personally.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the rapport with,& assistance from fellow workers.
Pros
calm, clean environment
Cons
distance from my home without a car
Challenging work environment with alot of interaction with other departments
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2013
A busy environment with alot of interesting projects and inititives to use your skills.
Pros
family owned