GENERAL MANAGER / HOTEL MANAGER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
- Responsible for maximizing revenues
- Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts.
- Manages labor standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to
the bottom line profit.
- Explains and manages financial activities. Reconcile all financial accounts.
- Monitors collection of in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of refund checks.
- Manage all sales activities of the property to meet revenue objectives.
- Make sales calls * Identifies and seeks out potential business in local market. Maintains relationships with local companies and key people to increase motels visibility within the local market.
- Coordinates and implements sales and marketing activities of the property.
- Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout property. Instills the 100% guest satisfaction objective to AGM and hourly associates.
- Ensures that all guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Recruits qualified applicants. Trains employees in accordance with company standards.
- Motivates and gives direction to all employees.
- Communicates all policies and procedures to entire staff. Conducts regular meetings to provide various information including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals, etc.
- Adheres to federal, state and local laws employment related laws and regulations.
- Manages employee personnel forms, including hiring, performance evaluations, payroll and benefits related information, required Federal and State postings, etc.
- Conducts coaching/counseling sessions; performance evaluations; prepares performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation; conducts terminations.
- Ensures that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Mentors and develops Assistant General Manager; provides learning opportunities by assigning new tasks in all General Management responsibilities; evaluates AGM’s strengths and weaknesses and provides training and on the job tasks to prepare AGM for GM opportunities.
- Performs duties in all aspects of hotel operations whenever needed.
- Inspects and documents repairs and cleanliness of property with AGM to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness and overall property appearance.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. * Serves as “Manager on Duty” Directly manages the hotel staff on a daily basis.
- Provides other relief or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties to ensure the optimum operation of the property.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Chartwell Seniors Housing REIT
Chartwell Seniors Housing REIT
- 9 days ago
- 4 days ago
- 18 days ago