Moscone Tile & Marble, a rapidly expanding design brand that has collaborated on dozens of the most ambitious construction projects in the GTA, is looking for an energetic and creative candidate. Selling the finest hard surface products to the most discerning clientele, the showroom has quickly established itself as the leader in its industry currently celebrating 60 years of excellence.
Seeking a Design Consultant to join the team in our high-end surfaces retail showroom. The energetic, dynamic, self-motivated professional must be results driven, growth oriented, and focused. If you are interested in design and sales, take this opportunity to become part of the bourgeoning hard surface industry!
Within our 19,000 square foot luxurious showroom, you will be working closely with interior designers, contractors, and the general public. Your excellent customer service and hard work will provide our clients with a memorable shopping experience and generate sales of tile, stone, and other hard surface products. Key responsibilities include:
- Assess customer needs and assist them with the selection of product and design for their space
- Provide quotations on custom-made pieces of natural stone or quartz products
- Verify merchandise inventory; create necessary purchase orders; and create sales orders
- Follow-up with client until completion of sale
- Make sketches as needed
- Develop sales while guaranteeing client satisfaction from the initial meeting with the client to project completion
Requirements for Successful Candidates
- Ability to solve problems by making strong creative choices
- Passion for sales and design
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bold confidence and interpersonal skills
- Strong personal style
- Experience working in the design industry, with a sales background sales experience in the design or decorating industry, in a high-end sales environment with a focus on diligent customer service
- Strong command of basic math skills and computer literacy
- Studies in the interior design /decorating are advantageous and a degree or diploma are assets
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Working knowledge of 20/20 is an advantage
- You must be a highly motivated professional that is outgoing, stylish, and experienced in design and sales.
- A competitive base salary;
- Commissions on sales;
- Benefits after 3 months;
- Freedom to apply your creativity within the hard surface arena
- Convenient location in Vaughan with free parking and close to transit
Three weekdays (9-5) and Saturdays (9-4)
Start Date: ASAP
Please send your cover letter and resume in order to apply for the job. We would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.