Mosaic Employee Reviews

Great co workers
Overnight reset (Former Employee) –  British Columbia19 June 2013
while i enjoyed the work....the hours were waaaaay too little...(8-16 a month! Overnight reset @Home Depot) The crews i worked with were always great...understanding..helpful and friendly....the worst part was waiting to get paid ( waited over a month for an 8 hour paycheque)
Pros
good honest work
Cons
waiting well over 2 weeks for a paycheque and having to fight with payroll and HR to get it sent out
Well run organization
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa/Peterborough5 June 2013
Travel from Store to Stores merchandinsing, rotating and growing the business.
Good Communication
Team Players
Elected Banner Champion
Gaining additional Bunker and Endcap space without Ads
Building great rappore with customers
A non-profit organization that helps the community. A great place to learn.
Human Resources Assistant  (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 June 2013
The group at MOSAIC is very willing to teach, making this a great place to start in an office environment. A typical day would include scanning performance reviews and emailing them to coworkers, filing documents related to personal files, updating salary information in Payworks, updating contract information in MS Access, rearranging files to and from the termination list. Support the HR department where ever necessary.
Pros
Flexible hours based on my personal availability and I am able to ride my bike to work, which makes me happy.
Cons
I would like to gather more experience and take on new work, but there is no real position for me to move into.
Not a company you want to 'grow' with
Brand Ambassador and Program Coordinator  (Former Employee) –  Vancouver30 April 2013
I really loved working for Mosaic as a B.A. and Promo Model, and was very excited when I was promoted to a Coordinator.

Unfortunately, that was the worst position I have ever had, and by the conversations I have had with other Coordinators, their experiences were no better. Expectations include, having no social life, working 90+ hour weeks with no time off in compensation, refusal to pay out expenses in a timely matter, and expectation of staff to forge results to meet clients expectations.

All around such a negative experience with this company. I would not feel comfortable recommending anyone to work in any other role then a Brand Ambassador.

Pros
Paid travel
Cons
expected to have the ability to front $8000 for promotional expenses.
freedom of responsilbity
Field Marketing Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario12 April 2013
Great to learn products from different companys, and work with people. Nice to do a great job without haveing all the stress and presure of management.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
I would never work for this company again
sales rep (Current Employee) –  NB15 March 2013
this company treats its employees like a number instead of family
Cons
false pretenses
Reliable, exciting, and rewarding
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines area16 January 2013
Working with consumers allowed me to further my costumer relations skills as well as independence within the workforce.
Pros
working with people
Cons
not enough hours
all around alright place to work
jouneyman welder and pressure welder (Current Employee) –  Colonsay, SK17 December 2012
we fab and install all our own lots of different jobs from millwright work to welding and repair. I learned a lot at this companyand enjoyed working here but would like to further my career. my co workers are great to work with , The hardest part of the job is sometimes heat and dust in certain areas but i find you adjust to this . the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing what weve accomplished at the end of a big job.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
dirty and want to advance further
A very productive and good learning experience
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, Sask.12 December 2012
We start with a safety talk, plan and organize priority jobs with educated foreman/supervisors and workers tackle them as a team or individually, as required. The hardest part was when i over-saw the Machine shop. Too busy for two machinist and near eighty tradesman, waiting for parts. Enjoyable parts were the company meals and different festivities that brought co-workers together in all trades and management.
Pros
safety meetings and pro-active attitude
Cons
one hour travel each way
Great place to work, difficult application process
Demo Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2012
Good place to work overall but difficult to find work within the company after the campaigns were over. Also low pay and benefits.
Pros
interesting positions
Cons
finding employment multiple times within the company
Lots of fun and you get to meet plenty of good people
Apple Merchandise Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 September 2012
Due to the nature of the job you get to meet new interesting people everyday
Wages
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2012
Good wages, excellent people to work with. lots of travel. Night work.
Pros
paid travel time
Cons
inconsistent hours
Great job for students
Hewlett-Packard Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2012
Mosaic typically hires students for either short term contract work or permanent part-time work. The latter involves entering into a store to represent a specific brand delegated to you. There's pressure to sell and you are assumed to be able to work completely independently.
fun but no job security and your work might not be noticed
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2012
Its hard work it can be fun if you make it I can't complain about my co-workers I love them all. The hardest part is the insecurity but that's the same with any marketing job especially these days. Overall a great place to work.