Mosaic Employee Reviews in Canada

Responsibilites
Brand Ambassador for Samsung Canada (Current Employee) –  ontarioApril 21, 2014
Brand Ambassador for Samsung Canada. I am responsible for promoting sales to existing and new clients, identifying and soliciting potential clients. Other duties include training and educating other employees from external stores, assessing client's needs and resources and recommending the appropriate goods and/or services. I also set up displays of merchandise in stores or in malls to attract new customers. I deliver sales presentations to employees and administer and close sales transactions with clients.
Pros
travel
Cons
part time
Mill Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SKApril 12, 2014
Good place to work wish I was still there. I was "terminated without cause" on March 24th due to conditions in the potash market.
Social
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis ValleyMarch 17, 2014
product promotion
knowledge of product
travel
meeting new people
Not so good
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 16, 2014
THEY KEEP MOVING PEOPLE AROUND, AND CONFUSING EMPLOYEE'S.
Great people with great ideas!
Volunteer Event Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 17, 2014
Enjoying volunteering and meeting new people from different backgrounds at MOSAIC.
Fast Paced
Merchandise Reset (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Worked in a team. Entailed physical work. Shift were done at night to prepare for the upcoming day,
Supportive work environment
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 5, 2014
Strong Supportive Management
Exceptional work Environment
Typical work Day varies by day and contract
Pros
supportive staff, good hours, great overall work environment
Cons
jobs can vary based on contractual offers
new experience and fun work place
Inventory specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, SKDecember 22, 2013
I like the work place because we are introducing new product and services some times thoes are new for us too. It is fun and positive always.
Pros
providing accomodations
good second career
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Laval and North ShoreDecember 9, 2013
I've done several sorts of jobs including experiential merchandising, store resets, firmware upgrades and blitz crew work (setting up gas station convenience stores). Pay is reasonable. Mileage payout is weak. There was plenty of support when I needed to ask questions. I find their pay system arcane and hard to interpret as to what exactly I was paid for which service I provided.

Met many good people, almost no one I couldn't get along with.
Pros
flexible hours to a degree, free golf shirts
Cons
some jobs require a lot of schlepping of equipment and preparation.
I"ve always enjoyed mining
Hoist operater (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SKSeptember 21, 2013
I was on production @Mosaic for approx. 25 years before getting my hoisting ticket I enjoyed the underground world while I was there but enjoy the hoist position even more. A typical day on the hoist is doing your daily checks on the hoist with the shaft crew or electricians, Lowering material underground. My co-worker are great and I also have a great boss too. Hardest part is not see the people you working with and going with the signals and bell system but learning that skill is great
Pros
not breathing the dust that i was underground and also a quieter surrounding
Cons
shift work if i have to mention a con
Great co workers
Overnight reset (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaJune 19, 2013
while i enjoyed the work....the hours were waaaaay too little...(8-16 a month! Overnight reset @Home Depot) The crews i worked with were always great...understanding..helpful and friendly....the worst part was waiting to get paid ( waited over a month for an 8 hour paycheque)
Pros
good honest work
Cons
waiting well over 2 weeks for a paycheque and having to fight with payroll and hr to get it sent out
Well run organization
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa/PeterboroughJune 5, 2013
Travel from Store to Stores merchandinsing, rotating and growing the business.
Good Communication
Team Players
Elected Banner Champion
Gaining additional Bunker and Endcap space without Ads
Building great rappore with customers
A non-profit organization that helps the community. A great place to learn.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 3, 2013
The group at MOSAIC is very willing to teach, making this a great place to start in an office environment. A typical day would include scanning performance reviews and emailing them to coworkers, filing documents related to personal files, updating salary information in Payworks, updating contract information in MS Access, rearranging files to and from the termination list. Support the HR department where ever necessary.
Pros
flexible hours based on my personal availability and i am able to ride my bike to work, which makes me happy.
Cons
i would like to gather more experience and take on new work, but there is no real position for me to move into.
Not a company you want to 'grow' with
Brand Ambassador and Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VancouverApril 30, 2013
I really loved working for Mosaic as a B.A. and Promo Model, and was very excited when I was promoted to a Coordinator.

Unfortunately, that was the worst position I have ever had, and by the conversations I have had with other Coordinators, their experiences were no better. Expectations include, having no social life, working 90+ hour weeks with no time off in compensation, refusal to pay out expenses in a timely matter, and expectation of staff to forge results to meet clients expectations.

All around such a negative experience with this company. I would not feel comfortable recommending anyone to work in any other role then a Brand Ambassador.
Pros
paid travel
Cons
expected to have the ability to front $8000 for promotional expenses.
freedom of responsilbity
Field Marketing Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto OntarioApril 12, 2013
Great to learn products from different companys, and work with people. Nice to do a great job without haveing all the stress and presure of management.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
I would never work for this company again
sales rep (Current Employee) –  NBMarch 15, 2013
this company treats its employees like a number instead of family
Cons
false pretenses
Reliable, exciting, and rewarding
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines areaJanuary 16, 2013
Working with consumers allowed me to further my costumer relations skills as well as independence within the workforce.
Pros
working with people
Cons
not enough hours
all around alright place to work
jouneyman welder and pressure welder (Current Employee) –  Colonsay, SKDecember 17, 2012
we fab and install all our own lots of different jobs from millwright work to welding and repair. I learned a lot at this companyand enjoyed working here but would like to further my career. my co workers are great to work with , The hardest part of the job is sometimes heat and dust in certain areas but i find you adjust to this . the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing what weve accomplished at the end of a big job.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
dirty and want to advance further
A very productive and good learning experience
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, Sask.December 12, 2012
We start with a safety talk, plan and organize priority jobs with educated foreman/supervisors and workers tackle them as a team or individually, as required. The hardest part was when i over-saw the Machine shop. Too busy for two machinist and near eighty tradesman, waiting for parts. Enjoyable parts were the company meals and different festivities that brought co-workers together in all trades and management.
Pros
safety meetings and pro-active attitude
Cons
one hour travel each way
Great place to work, difficult application process
Demo Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2012
Good place to work overall but difficult to find work within the company after the campaigns were over. Also low pay and benefits.
Pros
interesting positions
Cons
finding employment multiple times within the company