Mosaic Employee Reviews

A non-profit organization that helps the community. A great place to learn.
Human Resources Assistant  (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 June 2013
The group at MOSAIC is very willing to teach, making this a great place to start in an office environment. A typical day would include scanning performance reviews and emailing them to coworkers, filing documents related to personal files, updating salary information in Payworks, updating contract information in MS Access, rearranging files to and from the termination list. Support the HR department where ever necessary.
Pros
Flexible hours based on my personal availability and I am able to ride my bike to work, which makes me happy.
Cons
I would like to gather more experience and take on new work, but there is no real position for me to move into.
Not a company you want to 'grow' with
Brand Ambassador and Program Coordinator  (Former Employee) –  Vancouver30 April 2013
I really loved working for Mosaic as a B.A. and Promo Model, and was very excited when I was promoted to a Coordinator.

Unfortunately, that was the worst position I have ever had, and by the conversations I have had with other Coordinators, their experiences were no better. Expectations include, having no social life, working 90+ hour weeks with no time off in compensation, refusal to pay out expenses in a timely matter, and expectation of staff to forge results to meet clients expectations.

All around such a negative experience with this company. I would not feel comfortable recommending anyone to work in any other role then a Brand Ambassador.

Pros
Paid travel
Cons
expected to have the ability to front $8000 for promotional expenses.
Productive and fun
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 November 2015
It was a summer position and I got this job right after I finished my practicum there. It was very unfortunate that it came to an end.
Pros
Great management and benefits
Cons
summer position
Great co workers
Overnight reset (Former Employee) –  British Columbia19 June 2013
while i enjoyed the work....the hours were waaaaay too little...(8-16 a month! Overnight reset @Home Depot) The crews i worked with were always great...understanding..helpful and friendly....the worst part was waiting to get paid ( waited over a month for an 8 hour paycheque)
Pros
good honest work
Cons
waiting well over 2 weeks for a paycheque and having to fight with payroll and HR to get it sent out
Mosiac was a fun and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2014
Mosiac taught me a lot about leadeship and responsibilty as I was working with full time employees that had been working their for many years. A typical day at work would include doing the usual inventory check, filling up the cases with food and beverages, makng sure the cafe was clean and working as the cashier.
Pros
Very nice environment
Cons
Was far from home
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Esterhazy, SK17 December 2015
Different culture and environment. learned a lot.Good engineering experience. New Industry to explore. People are very friendly and management is good
Excellent part time work, perfect for students!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta21 April 2015
Sales Ambassadors/Representatives go out in the field and perform liquor tastings at various liquor store locations. Reps must dressed appropriately and come fully prepared. People who are already social and enjoy being around people this job is a shoe in.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Not enough hours
what i enjoyed about the job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2015
overall it was enjoyable being able to assist shoppers in what they buy and provide them with information to help them be more aware in the purchases they make.
a social place to work with great opportunities.
Marketing and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2015
Mosaic was a energetic place to work with having fun and excitement to meeting new people everyday. and also being acustom to changing venues quite often, which not only was fun but gave me opportunity to experience to adapt to all sorts of work environment.
Challenging!
Contract team member for Metro/Food Basics (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 January 2015
I started this contract position after 10 years of customer service based employment. This current position challenges me physically and mentally on a daily basis. I thoroughly enjoy the traveling that this job entails and highly recommend the experience this position has to offer.
Experiential And Marketing
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 March 2015
Providing various samples of spirits within the LCBO, while promoting brand knowledge. The easiest part of the job is engaging with customers, the hardest part of the job would be sampling a product not widely liked by consumers, making it harder to meet your sales objectives.
Great job for students
Hewlett-Packard Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2012
Mosaic typically hires students for either short term contract work or permanent part-time work. The latter involves entering into a store to represent a specific brand delegated to you. There's pressure to sell and you are assumed to be able to work completely independently.
Rate a 5..... yes I would work there again
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound area27 October 2015
Great place to work. Thinks about your health and safety. Easy staff to work with. Great managers. Lots of time off. Air - cond. in summer. Casual dress.
Great environment to work in
Merchandiser/ Field Specialist- Duties (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2014
A typical day at work I manage a team of 5 to 10 people. Work directly with the store management team.

Hardest part of the job is making sure everything is done in a timely manor.

The most enjoyable part of the day is working with people.
FUN workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON9 November 2015
pan am was a once in a lifetime opportunity, i got to meet a bunch of new people! it was a great experience working as a guard there!
fun but no job security and your work might not be noticed
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2012
Its hard work it can be fun if you make it I can't complain about my co-workers I love them all. The hardest part is the insecurity but that's the same with any marketing job especially these days. Overall a great place to work.
Great place to work, difficult application process
Demo Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2012
Good place to work overall but difficult to find work within the company after the campaigns were over. Also low pay and benefits.
Pros
interesting positions
Cons
finding employment multiple times within the company
Well run organization
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa/Peterborough5 June 2013
Travel from Store to Stores merchandinsing, rotating and growing the business.
Good Communication
Team Players
Elected Banner Champion
Gaining additional Bunker and Endcap space without Ads
Building great rappore with customers
Mosaic Marketing
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2015
Fun atmosphere and great training.

days are fast passed and long and the reporting is a bit tricky at the end of the day but overall really great!
Pros
fun teams
SKIP THIS JOB AT ALL COSTS
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 June 2015
These guys are NOT organized, they are NOT friendly to new hires, they screw up your pay on a REGULAR BASIS.

-the shifts are STRICKLY PART-TIME, No chance for promotion, the hours could be from as LITTLE AS 4 hours to 20 hours.

-they can cancel with practically NO NOTICE and they cancel shifts all the time.

-most of the team leads are douche bags and they are moody.

-emails and phone calls go UN-ANSWERED from the district manager

-getting a company T-shirt takes many months---that right there speaks volumes of how much the company cares about its employees.

-info on the emails (directions and address) to your work locations are NOT ACCURATE

-complex computer entries to log hours

-travel with your own car, OUT OF TOWN, sometimes starting times of 5:00 a.m

-FAVORITISM with employees as far as who does which section

-they pay you about a buck above MINIMUM WAGE, an expect you to maintain a fast pace.

if you have no life, don't need the money, only want to work once or twice PER WEEK and don't mind waking up at 5-6 am...THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU
Pros
ITS PART TIME, CASUAL
Cons
SEE ABOVE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosaic. Our community is ready to answer.