Mosaic Employee Reviews

Great benefits and fun place to work
Building Operator/Facility Mechanic/ (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON30 July 2014
great place to work....career growth is slow in the maintenance department, but the benefits and perks make it worth while.
Mosiac was a fun and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2014
Mosiac taught me a lot about leadeship and responsibilty as I was working with full time employees that had been working their for many years. A typical day at work would include doing the usual inventory check, filling up the cases with food and beverages, makng sure the cafe was clean and working as the cashier.
Pros
Very nice environment
Cons
Was far from home
Internet Access is a must.
Overnight Reset - Casual Employment (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 June 2014
Much easier to work for a company based out of where you live. There have been many issues where I have had to play phone tag or email numerous people to have the issue resolved. Most of the training I received was by email and I would have to teach myself. People I deal with at work are great, but getting anything done through the higher ups is always a hassel
Pros
They pay for my travel/accomodations when i go away for work
Cons
company is based out of toronto so there is no face to face contact to resolve issues
Simple yet rewarding
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 June 2014
Different locations for most work days means you're not stuck in the same space all the time. This job is great to meet new people; resulting in plenty teaching and also learning experiences.
Pros
Some days are dynamic
Cons
Some days are static
Exclusive Home Depot
Lead Merchandiser/Installer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2014
Very detailed work. Enjoyable.
Most work was extensively in Home Depot
A lot of travelling
Poor communication from management
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not regular full time
Responsibilites
Brand Ambassador for Samsung Canada (Current Employee) –  ontario21 April 2014
Brand Ambassador for Samsung Canada. I am responsible for promoting sales to existing and new clients, identifying and soliciting potential clients. Other duties include training and educating other employees from external stores, assessing client's needs and resources and recommending the appropriate goods and/or services. I also set up displays of merchandise in stores or in malls to attract new customers. I deliver sales presentations to employees and administer and close sales transactions with clients.
Pros
travel
Cons
part time
Mill Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SK12 April 2014
Good place to work wish I was still there. I was "terminated without cause" on March 24th due to conditions in the potash market.
Social
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Valley17 March 2014
product promotion
knowledge of product
travel
meeting new people
Not so good
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 March 2014
THEY KEEP MOVING PEOPLE AROUND, AND CONFUSING EMPLOYEE'S.
Great people with great ideas!
Volunteer Event Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 February 2014
Enjoying volunteering and meeting new people from different backgrounds at MOSAIC.
Fast Paced
Merchandise Reset (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2014
Worked in a team. Entailed physical work. Shift were done at night to prepare for the upcoming day,
Supportive work environment
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 January 2014
Strong Supportive Management
Exceptional work Environment
Typical work Day varies by day and contract
Pros
Supportive staff, good Hours, Great overall work environment
Cons
Jobs can vary based on Contractual offers
new experience and fun work place
Inventory specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, SK22 December 2013
I like the work place because we are introducing new product and services some times thoes are new for us too. It is fun and positive always.
Pros
providing accomodations
good second career
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Laval and North Shore9 December 2013
I've done several sorts of jobs including experiential merchandising, store resets, firmware upgrades and blitz crew work (setting up gas station convenience stores). Pay is reasonable. Mileage payout is weak. There was plenty of support when I needed to ask questions. I find their pay system arcane and hard to interpret as to what exactly I was paid for which service I provided.

Met many good people, almost no one I couldn't get along with.
Pros
Flexible hours to a degree, free golf shirts
Cons
Some jobs require a lot of schlepping of equipment and preparation.
I"ve always enjoyed mining
Hoist operater (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SK21 September 2013
I was on production @Mosaic for approx. 25 years before getting my hoisting ticket I enjoyed the underground world while I was there but enjoy the hoist position even more. A typical day on the hoist is doing your daily checks on the hoist with the shaft crew or electricians, Lowering material underground. My co-worker are great and I also have a great boss too. Hardest part is not see the people you working with and going with the signals and bell system but learning that skill is great
Pros
Not breathing the dust that I was underground and also a quieter surrounding
Cons
Shift work if I have to mention a con
Great co workers
Overnight reset (Former Employee) –  British Columbia19 June 2013
while i enjoyed the work....the hours were waaaaay too little...(8-16 a month! Overnight reset @Home Depot) The crews i worked with were always great...understanding..helpful and friendly....the worst part was waiting to get paid ( waited over a month for an 8 hour paycheque)
Pros
good honest work
Cons
waiting well over 2 weeks for a paycheque and having to fight with payroll and HR to get it sent out
Well run organization
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa/Peterborough5 June 2013
Travel from Store to Stores merchandinsing, rotating and growing the business.
Good Communication
Team Players
Elected Banner Champion
Gaining additional Bunker and Endcap space without Ads
Building great rappore with customers
A non-profit organization that helps the community. A great place to learn.
Human Resources Assistant  (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 June 2013
The group at MOSAIC is very willing to teach, making this a great place to start in an office environment. A typical day would include scanning performance reviews and emailing them to coworkers, filing documents related to personal files, updating salary information in Payworks, updating contract information in MS Access, rearranging files to and from the termination list. Support the HR department where ever necessary.
Pros
Flexible hours based on my personal availability and I am able to ride my bike to work, which makes me happy.
Cons
I would like to gather more experience and take on new work, but there is no real position for me to move into.
Not a company you want to 'grow' with
Brand Ambassador and Program Coordinator  (Former Employee) –  Vancouver30 April 2013
I really loved working for Mosaic as a B.A. and Promo Model, and was very excited when I was promoted to a Coordinator.

Unfortunately, that was the worst position I have ever had, and by the conversations I have had with other Coordinators, their experiences were no better. Expectations include, having no social life, working 90+ hour weeks with no time off in compensation, refusal to pay out expenses in a timely matter, and expectation of staff to forge results to meet clients expectations.

All around such a negative experience with this company. I would not feel comfortable recommending anyone to work in any other role then a Brand Ambassador.

Pros
Paid travel
Cons
expected to have the ability to front $8000 for promotional expenses.
freedom of responsilbity
Field Marketing Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario12 April 2013
Great to learn products from different companys, and work with people. Nice to do a great job without haveing all the stress and presure of management.
Pros
fun co workers