Mosaic Employee Reviews in Canada

a social place to work with great opportunities.
Marketing and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Mosaic was a energetic place to work with having fun and excitement to meeting new people everyday. and also being acustom to changing venues quite often, which not only was fun but gave me opportunity to experience to adapt to all sorts of work environment.
Good workplace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 16, 2014
good easy work, fun company culture. sometimes managers don't have the schedule right and you'll end up driving a lot more than supposed to.
awsome work place
Merchandising and Resets (Former Employee) –  Quebec,QcOctober 15, 2014
all around great company to work for, including great management and great coworkers.
Pros
paid expenses
Cons
lack of contracts
Excellent opportunity
Brand ambassador (Current Employee) –  EdmontonDecember 8, 2014
I currently work for Mosaic part time and it could not be a more flexible job. My coordinator is so friendly and helpful, always willing to go the extra mile to help me out. If you are considering working for them part time, my advice is to give it a try. This is my first time working two jobs and so far I don't regret a thing.
Pros
great hours, flexible, diverse job opportunities
Cons
when jobs end there may not be a new one right away
I"ve always enjoyed mining
Hoist operater (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SKSeptember 21, 2013
I was on production @Mosaic for approx. 25 years before getting my hoisting ticket I enjoyed the underground world while I was there but enjoy the hoist position even more. A typical day on the hoist is doing your daily checks on the hoist with the shaft crew or electricians, Lowering material underground. My co-worker are great and I also have a great boss too. Hardest part is not see the people you working with and going with the signals and bell system but learning that skill is great
Pros
not breathing the dust that i was underground and also a quieter surrounding
Cons
shift work if i have to mention a con
good second career
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Laval and North ShoreDecember 9, 2013
I've done several sorts of jobs including experiential merchandising, store resets, firmware upgrades and blitz crew work (setting up gas station convenience stores). Pay is reasonable. Mileage payout is weak. There was plenty of support when I needed to ask questions. I find their pay system arcane and hard to interpret as to what exactly I was paid for which service I provided.

Met many good people, almost no one I couldn't get along with.
Pros
flexible hours to a degree, free golf shirts
Cons
some jobs require a lot of schlepping of equipment and preparation.
Responsibilites
Brand Ambassador for Samsung Canada (Current Employee) –  ontarioApril 21, 2014
Brand Ambassador for Samsung Canada. I am responsible for promoting sales to existing and new clients, identifying and soliciting potential clients. Other duties include training and educating other employees from external stores, assessing client's needs and resources and recommending the appropriate goods and/or services. I also set up displays of merchandise in stores or in malls to attract new customers. I deliver sales presentations to employees and administer and close sales transactions with clients.
Pros
travel
Cons
part time
Challenging!
Contract team member for Metro/Food Basics (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJanuary 6, 2015
I started this contract position after 10 years of customer service based employment. This current position challenges me physically and mentally on a daily basis. I thoroughly enjoy the traveling that this job entails and highly recommend the experience this position has to offer.
Internet Access is a must.
Overnight Reset - Casual Employment (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 9, 2014
Much easier to work for a company based out of where you live. There have been many issues where I have had to play phone tag or email numerous people to have the issue resolved. Most of the training I received was by email and I would have to teach myself. People I deal with at work are great, but getting anything done through the higher ups is always a hassel
Pros
they pay for my travel/accomodations when i go away for work
Cons
company is based out of toronto so there is no face to face contact to resolve issues
Social
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis ValleyMarch 17, 2014
product promotion
knowledge of product
travel
meeting new people
Hours are too sporadic
Consolidated Reset Team Member (Current Employee) –  Various locations throughout Western CanadaJanuary 23, 2015
The actual job I have no problem with, the hours are just too up and down. Makes it harder to balance personal life and budget.
Mosiac was a fun and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2014
Mosiac taught me a lot about leadeship and responsibilty as I was working with full time employees that had been working their for many years. A typical day at work would include doing the usual inventory check, filling up the cases with food and beverages, makng sure the cafe was clean and working as the cashier.
Pros
very nice environment
Cons
was far from home
Great co workers
Overnight reset (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaJune 19, 2013
while i enjoyed the work....the hours were waaaaay too little...(8-16 a month! Overnight reset @Home Depot) The crews i worked with were always great...understanding..helpful and friendly....the worst part was waiting to get paid ( waited over a month for an 8 hour paycheque)
Pros
good honest work
Cons
waiting well over 2 weeks for a paycheque and having to fight with payroll and hr to get it sent out
Simple yet rewarding
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJune 2, 2014
Different locations for most work days means you're not stuck in the same space all the time. This job is great to meet new people; resulting in plenty teaching and also learning experiences.
Pros
some days are dynamic
Cons
some days are static
fun but no job security and your work might not be noticed
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 11, 2012
Its hard work it can be fun if you make it I can't complain about my co-workers I love them all. The hardest part is the insecurity but that's the same with any marketing job especially these days. Overall a great place to work.
Great job for students
Hewlett-Packard Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 17, 2012
Mosaic typically hires students for either short term contract work or permanent part-time work. The latter involves entering into a store to represent a specific brand delegated to you. There's pressure to sell and you are assumed to be able to work completely independently.
Well run organization
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa/PeterboroughJune 5, 2013
Travel from Store to Stores merchandinsing, rotating and growing the business.
Good Communication
Team Players
Elected Banner Champion
Gaining additional Bunker and Endcap space without Ads
Building great rappore with customers
Reliable, exciting, and rewarding
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines areaJanuary 16, 2013
Working with consumers allowed me to further my costumer relations skills as well as independence within the workforce.
Pros
working with people
Cons
not enough hours
new experience and fun work place
Inventory specialist (Current Employee) –  Melville, SKDecember 22, 2013
I like the work place because we are introducing new product and services some times thoes are new for us too. It is fun and positive always.
Pros
providing accomodations
Wages
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 9, 2012
Good wages, excellent people to work with. lots of travel. Night work.
Pros
paid travel time
Cons
inconsistent hours