Mosaic Employee Reviews

could set your own hours.
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton4 March 2015
Upon arriving at your first project of the day, you would report to manager of store, to introduce yourself, let them know what company you are with, explain what you are going to be doing and ask where you can locate the supplies you would need for the project.
You had to learn to associate with many types of people. Usually most projects were for one person to complete. Some larger jobs required two or three to work together.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes arriving at the store and your supplies you needed could not be located and you spent most of your time looking for supplies.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
sometimes not given enough time to complete project.
FUN workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON9 November 2015
pan am was a once in a lifetime opportunity, i got to meet a bunch of new people! it was a great experience working as a guard there!
Excellent part time work, perfect for students!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta21 April 2015
Sales Ambassadors/Representatives go out in the field and perform liquor tastings at various liquor store locations. Reps must dressed appropriately and come fully prepared. People who are already social and enjoy being around people this job is a shoe in.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Excellent opportunity
Brand ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton8 December 2014
I currently work for Mosaic part time and it could not be a more flexible job. My coordinator is so friendly and helpful, always willing to go the extra mile to help me out. If you are considering working for them part time, my advice is to give it a try. This is my first time working two jobs and so far I don't regret a thing.
Pros
Great hours, flexible, diverse job opportunities
Cons
When jobs end there may not be a new one right away
Productive and friendly environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga8 November 2014
Worked from 11pm-7am. Would sign in and report to manager. I learned a lot about reading modification sheets and how to communicate while under pressure. The hardest part about the job was trying to please everyone as everyone was working hard and scrambled everywhere some people would ask for help at the same time and myself could not help all at once. the most enjoyable part of the job was when everything was finished and knowing the job was done right.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
long nights
Organization culture and structure
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 August 2014
They have a strong organizational structure and culture. It is the best experienced i ever had taken in my job. the management is so strong and the skills they use to control their team are very effective. Co-workers are very co-operative. I like merchandising so I enjoyed every part of this job. There was no hardest part in this job and every day was full of learning new supervisory skills and merchandising skills.
Internet Access is a must.
Overnight Reset - Casual Employment (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 June 2014
Much easier to work for a company based out of where you live. There have been many issues where I have had to play phone tag or email numerous people to have the issue resolved. Most of the training I received was by email and I would have to teach myself. People I deal with at work are great, but getting anything done through the higher ups is always a hassel
Pros
They pay for my travel/accomodations when i go away for work
Cons
company is based out of toronto so there is no face to face contact to resolve issues
Responsibilites
Brand Ambassador for Samsung Canada (Current Employee) –  ontario21 April 2014
Brand Ambassador for Samsung Canada. I am responsible for promoting sales to existing and new clients, identifying and soliciting potential clients. Other duties include training and educating other employees from external stores, assessing client's needs and resources and recommending the appropriate goods and/or services. I also set up displays of merchandise in stores or in malls to attract new customers. I deliver sales presentations to employees and administer and close sales transactions with clients.
Pros
travel
Cons
part time
good second career
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Laval and North Shore9 December 2013
I've done several sorts of jobs including experiential merchandising, store resets, firmware upgrades and blitz crew work (setting up gas station convenience stores). Pay is reasonable. Mileage payout is weak. There was plenty of support when I needed to ask questions. I find their pay system arcane and hard to interpret as to what exactly I was paid for which service I provided.

Met many good people, almost no one I couldn't get along with.
Pros
Flexible hours to a degree, free golf shirts
Cons
Some jobs require a lot of schlepping of equipment and preparation.
I"ve always enjoyed mining
Hoist operater (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SK21 September 2013
I was on production @Mosaic for approx. 25 years before getting my hoisting ticket I enjoyed the underground world while I was there but enjoy the hoist position even more. A typical day on the hoist is doing your daily checks on the hoist with the shaft crew or electricians, Lowering material underground. My co-worker are great and I also have a great boss too. Hardest part is not see the people you working with and going with the signals and bell system but learning that skill is great
Pros
Not breathing the dust that I was underground and also a quieter surrounding
Cons
Shift work if I have to mention a con
A very productive and good learning experience
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, Sask.12 December 2012
We start with a safety talk, plan and organize priority jobs with educated foreman/supervisors and workers tackle them as a team or individually, as required. The hardest part was when i over-saw the Machine shop. Too busy for two machinist and near eighty tradesman, waiting for parts. Enjoyable parts were the company meals and different festivities that brought co-workers together in all trades and management.
Pros
safety meetings and pro-active attitude
Cons
one hour travel each way
all around alright place to work
jouneyman welder and pressure welder (Current Employee) –  Colonsay, SK17 December 2012
we fab and install all our own lots of different jobs from millwright work to welding and repair. I learned a lot at this companyand enjoyed working here but would like to further my career. my co workers are great to work with , The hardest part of the job is sometimes heat and dust in certain areas but i find you adjust to this . the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing what weve accomplished at the end of a big job.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
dirty and want to advance further
A non-profit organization that helps the community. A great place to learn.
Human Resources Assistant  (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 June 2013
The group at MOSAIC is very willing to teach, making this a great place to start in an office environment. A typical day would include scanning performance reviews and emailing them to coworkers, filing documents related to personal files, updating salary information in Payworks, updating contract information in MS Access, rearranging files to and from the termination list. Support the HR department where ever necessary.
Pros
Flexible hours based on my personal availability and I am able to ride my bike to work, which makes me happy.
Cons
I would like to gather more experience and take on new work, but there is no real position for me to move into.
Mosaic Marketing
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2015
Fun atmosphere and great training.

days are fast passed and long and the reporting is a bit tricky at the end of the day but overall really great!
Pros
fun teams
Cons
Not a company you want to 'grow' with
Brand Ambassador and Program Coordinator  (Former Employee) –  Vancouver30 April 2013
I really loved working for Mosaic as a B.A. and Promo Model, and was very excited when I was promoted to a Coordinator.

Unfortunately, that was the worst position I have ever had, and by the conversations I have had with other Coordinators, their experiences were no better. Expectations include, having no social life, working 90+ hour weeks with no time off in compensation, refusal to pay out expenses in a timely matter, and expectation of staff to forge results to meet clients expectations.

All around such a negative experience with this company. I would not feel comfortable recommending anyone to work in any other role then a Brand Ambassador.

Pros
Paid travel
Cons
expected to have the ability to front $8000 for promotional expenses.
a social place to work with great opportunities.
Marketing and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2015
Mosaic was a energetic place to work with having fun and excitement to meeting new people everyday. and also being acustom to changing venues quite often, which not only was fun but gave me opportunity to experience to adapt to all sorts of work environment.
Mosiac was a fun and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2014
Mosiac taught me a lot about leadeship and responsibilty as I was working with full time employees that had been working their for many years. A typical day at work would include doing the usual inventory check, filling up the cases with food and beverages, makng sure the cafe was clean and working as the cashier.
Pros
Very nice environment
Cons
Was far from home
Experiential And Marketing
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 March 2015
Providing various samples of spirits within the LCBO, while promoting brand knowledge. The easiest part of the job is engaging with customers, the hardest part of the job would be sampling a product not widely liked by consumers, making it harder to meet your sales objectives.
Great co workers
Overnight reset (Former Employee) –  British Columbia19 June 2013
while i enjoyed the work....the hours were waaaaay too little...(8-16 a month! Overnight reset @Home Depot) The crews i worked with were always great...understanding..helpful and friendly....the worst part was waiting to get paid ( waited over a month for an 8 hour paycheque)
Pros
good honest work
Cons
waiting well over 2 weeks for a paycheque and having to fight with payroll and HR to get it sent out
Challenging!
Contract team member for Metro/Food Basics (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 January 2015
I started this contract position after 10 years of customer service based employment. This current position challenges me physically and mentally on a daily basis. I thoroughly enjoy the traveling that this job entails and highly recommend the experience this position has to offer.