Mosaic Employee Reviews

Great work environment with flexible schedule.
Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 September 2015
A great company to work for! I travel between different mobile stores training RSA's on upcoming, or recently released devices in order to better assist them with sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the chance to attain and use brand new mobile devices before they hit the market.
Mosaic Marketing
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2015
Fun atmosphere and great training.

days are fast passed and long and the reporting is a bit tricky at the end of the day but overall really great!
Pros
fun teams
Cons
Easy to get trapped with the salary
Mechanical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Esterhazy, Saskatchewan10 August 2015
While it still might not be the most lucrative salary out there, for entry level employee's the $70,000 plus can be enticing. I've found myself stuck in a miserable, and cliquey town, refusing to settle down. The 2 year waiting period to become vested in order to withdraw my entire compensation in retirement savings will keep me locked in until then, as well as signing bonuses and employee incentive plan. I ask myself every day whether its worth it to be miserable.
Mosaic Promotional Model
employee (Former Employee) –  Matheson Drive29 June 2015
At Mosaic I worked a variety of different contract jobs.

Typical day at work was to show up to a certain location where you would learn the key phrases and product knowledge of what you should be advertising when talking to consumers.

You learned how to talk to complete strangers and being completely comfortable to strike up a conversation with anyone passing along.

Co-workers were always very friendly and team work was essential!

Hardest part of the job was learning to accept rejection from consumers.

Most enjoyable part was seeing consumers have a memorable experience through out your shift.
Pros
Free lunch, parking and travel time was expensed.
Cons
Contract work wasnt always consistent.
SKIP THIS JOB AT ALL COSTS
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 June 2015
These guys are NOT organized, they are NOT friendly to new hires, they screw up your pay on a REGULAR BASIS.

-the shifts are STRICKLY PART-TIME, No chance for promotion, the hours could be from as LITTLE AS 4 hours to 20 hours.

-they can cancel with practically NO NOTICE and they cancel shifts all the time.

-most of the team leads are douche bags and they are moody.

-emails and phone calls go UN-ANSWERED from the district manager

-getting a company T-shirt takes many months---that right there speaks volumes of how much the company cares about its employees.

-info on the emails (directions and address) to your work locations are NOT ACCURATE

-complex computer entries to log hours

-travel with your own car, OUT OF TOWN, sometimes starting times of 5:00 a.m

-FAVORITISM with employees as far as who does which section

-they pay you about a buck above MINIMUM WAGE, an expect you to maintain a fast pace.

if you have no life, don't need the money, only want to work once or twice PER WEEK and don't mind waking up at 5-6 am...THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU
Pros
ITS PART TIME, CASUAL
Cons
SEE ABOVE
A selfless volunteering organization
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2015
- Create promotional videos/posters.
-Distributing videos and posters through social media outputs.
- Recruit Volunteers.
-Calling up all volunteers and organizing them into groups.
- Coordinating with the Event planners.
- The most enjoyable part of the position is the diverse environments I find myself in each time I organize/attend an event.
Pros
Attending a variety of Events and festivals
Cons
Fun place to work with the right attitude
Sales Representative, Phillips LED (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 May 2015
Typical day of work was go in to a store, set up the demo area, stand around and wait for customers that you can engage. The hardest part of the job was to keep track of all the sales made, when there was more than one consumers at a time.
Pros
standing around and waiting for the customers
Cons
got boring at times
Productive and fun
Fido XM Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2015
Productive and Fun work environment.
Great management.
End of the day reports can be tedious
Fantastic incentive bonuses
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Short term
amazing
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 May 2015
Great, love the people and the opportunities! I loved promoting the brands and selling them! I loved to dress up and work at events! I am not shy and love to engage with consumers.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
nothing
Excellent part time work, perfect for students!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta21 April 2015
Sales Ambassadors/Representatives go out in the field and perform liquor tastings at various liquor store locations. Reps must dressed appropriately and come fully prepared. People who are already social and enjoy being around people this job is a shoe in.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Experiential And Marketing
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 March 2015
Providing various samples of spirits within the LCBO, while promoting brand knowledge. The easiest part of the job is engaging with customers, the hardest part of the job would be sampling a product not widely liked by consumers, making it harder to meet your sales objectives.
Fun work place
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2015
every enthusiastic work culture, and fun people to work with.
only downside is that they have really slow seasons which can lead to not enough work hours
could set your own hours.
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton4 March 2015
Upon arriving at your first project of the day, you would report to manager of store, to introduce yourself, let them know what company you are with, explain what you are going to be doing and ask where you can locate the supplies you would need for the project.
You had to learn to associate with many types of people. Usually most projects were for one person to complete. Some larger jobs required two or three to work together.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes arriving at the store and your supplies you needed could not be located and you spent most of your time looking for supplies.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
sometimes not given enough time to complete project.
a social place to work with great opportunities.
Marketing and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2015
Mosaic was a energetic place to work with having fun and excitement to meeting new people everyday. and also being acustom to changing venues quite often, which not only was fun but gave me opportunity to experience to adapt to all sorts of work environment.
Hours are too sporadic
Consolidated Reset Team Member (Current Employee) –  Various locations throughout Western Canada23 January 2015
The actual job I have no problem with, the hours are just too up and down. Makes it harder to balance personal life and budget.
Challenging!
Contract team member for Metro/Food Basics (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 January 2015
I started this contract position after 10 years of customer service based employment. This current position challenges me physically and mentally on a daily basis. I thoroughly enjoy the traveling that this job entails and highly recommend the experience this position has to offer.
Excellent opportunity
Brand ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton8 December 2014
I currently work for Mosaic part time and it could not be a more flexible job. My coordinator is so friendly and helpful, always willing to go the extra mile to help me out. If you are considering working for them part time, my advice is to give it a try. This is my first time working two jobs and so far I don't regret a thing.
Pros
Great hours, flexible, diverse job opportunities
Cons
When jobs end there may not be a new one right away
Great place to work and great people
Merchandising/ Marketing (Current Employee) –  Regina24 November 2014
Typical day at work consisted of Resetting major store displays and inventory. Very fast-paced and detail oriented.
Pros
Great hours and benefits
Productive and friendly environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga8 November 2014
Worked from 11pm-7am. Would sign in and report to manager. I learned a lot about reading modification sheets and how to communicate while under pressure. The hardest part about the job was trying to please everyone as everyone was working hard and scrambled everywhere some people would ask for help at the same time and myself could not help all at once. the most enjoyable part of the job was when everything was finished and knowing the job was done right.
Pros
working as a team
Cons
long nights
Great environment to work in
Merchandiser/ Field Specialist- Duties (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2014
A typical day at work I manage a team of 5 to 10 people. Work directly with the store management team.

Hardest part of the job is making sure everything is done in a timely manor.

The most enjoyable part of the day is working with people.