Mosaic Employee Reviews

Good employer but time to move forward.
Raw ore trackhoe operator (Current Employee) –  Colonsay, SKJuly 14, 2016
Mosaic has been a good place to work. The employee's are helpful and people are safety conscious. I've enjoyed my time at mosaic but with this current layoff I find myself in a position where I need to either find temporary work or move on in a different direction. I enjoyed going to work at mosaic and always did my best to go above and beyond my expectations.

I feel like I was a well rounded worker, I found myself working in many different locations of the mine site. Getting a taste for everything and learning as much as I can while I was there.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Currently going through a layoff.
Flexible hours, easy to get along with staff and fun work environment.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work consists of driving to the location you are assigned, setting up a booth with whatever it is you're sampling and then you begin to actually work. You get as many peoples attention as possible and you try to sell as much as possible of whatever the product you were sampling is. The management is excellent and super easy to get along with and the hour are flexible. You don't have someone watching you, you are alone in the field except for the occasional so if you don't like being micro-managed it is great. I don't have anything bad to say.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Esterhazy, SKDecember 17, 2015
Different culture and environment. learned a lot.Good engineering experience. New Industry to explore. People are very friendly and management is good
Fun work place
Contractor Reset (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2016
Loved working for Mosaic ! So kinda and loving co-workers.
Every night we worked it was just great walking in and seeing everybody. If I had the chance, I would do it again in a heart beat.
Pros
Fun workers
Productive and fun
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 29, 2015
It was a summer position and I got this job right after I finished my practicum there. It was very unfortunate that it came to an end.
Pros
Great management and benefits
Cons
summer position
Family environment and fun to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SaskatchewanJuly 19, 2016
The Colonsay mine site in Saskatchewan is a fun place to work and feels like a family environment. Managers have a mentoring attitude and genuinely value safety over everything else.
Pros
Excellent people, fun place to work
Cons
commute is challenging
Unreliable Hours
Matheson Boulevard - Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 6, 2016
At Mosaic, there are absolutely no benefits. The pay is terrible and the job kills your car as it demands a lot of kilometers on your car every year.
Pros
Cons
Unpredictable income
It was a great organization to volunteer with, sometimes not responsible.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 29, 2016
Volunteering with MOSAIC was fun and very co-operative, but sometime I would go to projects and there would be no one there, which would waste a lot of my time.
Great place to work good hours good wage
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 17, 2016
I go into different liquor stores to sample there products to costumers. The people I work for are great I love it there! Hardest part of my job is leaving after my shift I love it there so much
Mosaic
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2016
It was a really good learning experience, love the people that were there, they really taught me a lot. My co-workers were really nice and my boss really motivated the team to do better and be better.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
some days were long hours
Good pay but that is all
Underground Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SKNovember 9, 2015
Really not a terrible place to work, but no room what so ever for advancement probably the worst workplace environment imaginable. Great guys on shift but lazy. Job security always on your mind
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Layoffs and Lay off Notices
A selfless volunteering organization
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 18, 2015
- Create promotional videos/posters.
-Distributing videos and posters through social media outputs.
- Recruit Volunteers.
-Calling up all volunteers and organizing them into groups.
- Coordinating with the Event planners.
- The most enjoyable part of the position is the diverse environments I find myself in each time I organize/attend an event.
Pros
Attending a variety of Events and festivals
Cons
Easy to get trapped with the salary
Mechanical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Esterhazy, SaskatchewanAugust 10, 2015
While it still might not be the most lucrative salary out there, for entry level employee's the $70,000 plus can be enticing. I've found myself stuck in a miserable, and cliquey town, refusing to settle down. The 2 year waiting period to become vested in order to withdraw my entire compensation in retirement savings will keep me locked in until then, as well as signing bonuses and employee incentive plan. I ask myself every day whether its worth it to be miserable.
Not a company you want to 'grow' with
Brand Ambassador and Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VancouverApril 30, 2013
I really loved working for Mosaic as a B.A. and Promo Model, and was very excited when I was promoted to a Coordinator.

Unfortunately, that was the worst position I have ever had, and by the conversations I have had with other Coordinators, their experiences were no better. Expectations include, having no social life, working 90+ hour weeks with no time off in compensation, refusal to pay out expenses in a timely matter, and expectation of staff to forge results to meet clients expectations.

All around such a negative experience with this company. I would not feel comfortable recommending anyone to work in any other role then a Brand Ambassador.
Pros
paid travel
Cons
expected to have the ability to front $8000 for promotional expenses.
SKIP THIS JOB AT ALL COSTS
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 17, 2015
These guys are NOT organized, they are NOT friendly to new hires, they screw up your pay on a REGULAR BASIS.

-the shifts are STRICKLY PART-TIME, No chance for promotion, the hours could be from as LITTLE AS 4 hours to 20 hours.

-they can cancel with practically NO NOTICE and they cancel shifts all the time.

-most of the team leads are douche bags and they are moody.

-emails and phone calls go UN-ANSWERED from the district manager

-getting a company T-shirt takes many months---that right there speaks volumes of how much the company cares about its employees.

-info on the emails (directions and address) to your work locations are NOT ACCURATE

-complex computer entries to log hours

-travel with your own car, OUT OF TOWN, sometimes starting times of 5:00 a.m

-FAVORITISM with employees as far as who does which section

-they pay you about a buck above MINIMUM WAGE, an expect you to maintain a fast pace.

if you have no life, don't need the money, only want to work once or twice PER WEEK and don't mind waking up at 5-6 am...THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU
Pros
ITS PART TIME, CASUAL
Cons
SEE ABOVE
industrial setting
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Great team to be involved with. responsible for emergency telephone lines which save lives. A lot of deep underground work.
Pros
good experience
Cons
way far underground at times
productive and fun place to work
Nike Golf Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 26, 2015
Assisted customers with advice and product knowledge
Let customers demonstrate products for proof of quality
Clearly outlined the product and what it can offer the player
Customer Service and finished sales to increase revenue
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
only part time
Organization culture and structure
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2014
They have a strong organizational structure and culture. It is the best experienced i ever had taken in my job. the management is so strong and the skills they use to control their team are very effective. Co-workers are very co-operative. I like merchandising so I enjoyed every part of this job. There was no hardest part in this job and every day was full of learning new supervisory skills and merchandising skills.
Mosaic Marketing
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Fun atmosphere and great training.

days are fast passed and long and the reporting is a bit tricky at the end of the day but overall really great!
Pros
fun teams
Mosaic Promotional Model
employee (Former Employee) –  Matheson DriveJune 29, 2015
At Mosaic I worked a variety of different contract jobs.

Typical day at work was to show up to a certain location where you would learn the key phrases and product knowledge of what you should be advertising when talking to consumers.

You learned how to talk to complete strangers and being completely comfortable to strike up a conversation with anyone passing along.

Co-workers were always very friendly and team work was essential!

Hardest part of the job was learning to accept rejection from consumers.

Most enjoyable part was seeing consumers have a memorable experience through out your shift.
Pros
Free lunch, parking and travel time was expensed.
Cons
Contract work wasnt always consistent.