Mosaic Employee Reviews

Good place to get experience
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Good company to get experience. Treat their employees very badly and don't pay good at all. Most of the time they will put you on contracts so they don't have to pay for your benefits. You work 24h/7 and you're never able to disconnect.
Cons
Long hours of work
Good way to pick up some extra cash
Samsung Innovation Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
The job was straightforward and simple. All you need to be able to do is talk to people and make them want to talk to you.

The promotions that they do are naturally inclusive of their audience. The information they give you makes you come off as a genius when it comes to whatever you're promoting.

The jobs are also fun, and the management team encourages you to seek out new interesting ways to engage with your target audience. Trying out new methods is always a good idea.

At one point, promoting a Samsung tablet, I spent 30-45 minutes playing a racing game on a 60 inch TV in a Future Shop to try and get the attention of a bunch of kids with their parents shopping during after school hours. This demo'd the screen mirroring technology, got the attention of the kids, allowed me to do my pitch to the parents, and was just plain fun. How many jobs let you do something like that?
Unreliable Hours
Matheson Boulevard - Part Time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2016
At Mosaic, there are absolutely no benefits. The pay is terrible and the job kills your car as it demands a lot of kilometers on your car every year.
Pros
Cons
Unpredictable income
Varied work tasks in varied stores, very flexible work schedule
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2017
The tasks a Brand Ambassador has to complete are very simple and straightforward. The real job is being able to help customers who come with questions. Generally the store in which I worked varied from week to week, and so did the people. Being around all those different people was more fun than challenging, though. Management is as helpful as they can be. But when there is something missing from the display kit, there's nothing that anyone can really do. If you're the first choice for an activation and you can't make it to all of your shifts, you tell your supervisor and they look for another Brand Ambassador to cover them, but the ones you can do you keep.
Pros
flexible schedule, no sales pressure
Cons
sometimes work kits are incomplete or damaged, and you just have to make do
MOSAIC is like working with family healthy environment, the workload is heavy but there is always support in every corner
Crosss cultural Counselor /Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2017
While working with MOSAIC I learned to co-op and gain my best knowledge. I was able to contribute changes and receive feed back as well support from my Directors and everyone that I worked with. At MOSAIC any idea is welcomed and they find a way to develop and make it happen. We use to take different training yearly to best serve our clients.
Pros
once a month we went as a group to eat our with the dirrector
Cons
you might work more tan 8 hrs. a day yet paid only 7.5 hr
Flexible hours, easy to get along with staff and fun work environment.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 June 2016
A typical day at work consists of driving to the location you are assigned, setting up a booth with whatever it is you're sampling and then you begin to actually work. You get as many peoples attention as possible and you try to sell as much as possible of whatever the product you were sampling is. The management is excellent and super easy to get along with and the hour are flexible. You don't have someone watching you, you are alone in the field except for the occasional so if you don't like being micro-managed it is great. I don't have anything bad to say.
Great for students
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2016
Mosaic is great if you're a student, the scheduling of things is easy to work around your classes and the management is great. Also a great second job if you need a little extra money.
Productive and fun workplace
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
- Set up and designed a visually appealing booth
- Worked independently during 8-our shifts
- Ability to meet and monitor daily sale targets
- Demonstrated communication skills while interacting with customers about the various
products
- Utilized the online data-recording base to record sales and provide feedback to the company
working with fun people
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK19 January 2017
every place I worked I loved the people I supper easy to get along with so it makes going to work so much easier I would have changed working out at mosaic the people were awesome I loved getting up every morning to go to work knowing I was gonna work with awesome people
Pros
the people
Cons
some customers
Good employer but time to move forward.
Raw ore trackhoe operator (Current Employee) –  Colonsay, SK14 July 2016
Mosaic has been a good place to work. The employee's are helpful and people are safety conscious. I've enjoyed my time at mosaic but with this current layoff I find myself in a position where I need to either find temporary work or move on in a different direction. I enjoyed going to work at mosaic and always did my best to go above and beyond my expectations.

I feel like I was a well rounded worker, I found myself working in many different locations of the mine site. Getting a taste for everything and learning as much as I can while I was there.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Currently going through a layoff.
Fun job culture
Field Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and getting their feedback on products. The hardest part of the job was having to carry the props and equipment to different locations.
Mosaic good company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 February 2017
Mosaic was a really good company to work for. I started with kraft/ mondelez I worked for them for two years than I took on the met dept as merchandiser for the games and movies.
Pros
Flexible schedule
great staff
Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2016
very accommodating and understanding, willing to help. they're also easily contacted in case of emergencies. communication between managers and employees is consistent.
Pros
dynamic work environment
Cons
not very stable
fun work!
Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 December 2016
this is a good experience which helps me learn more about marketing and also their brand. I would love to work with other staff there as their passion influences me and makes me feel great!
Great job!
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Belle Plaine, SK20 January 2017
A wonderful job with full control of manpower, schedule, and design. One of the best jobs I have ever been on with some of the best people in the trade.
Not a company you want to 'grow' with
Brand Ambassador and Program Coordinator  (Former Employee) –  Vancouver30 April 2013
I really loved working for Mosaic as a B.A. and Promo Model, and was very excited when I was promoted to a Coordinator.

Unfortunately, that was the worst position I have ever had, and by the conversations I have had with other Coordinators, their experiences were no better. Expectations include, having no social life, working 90+ hour weeks with no time off in compensation, refusal to pay out expenses in a timely matter, and expectation of staff to forge results to meet clients expectations.

All around such a negative experience with this company. I would not feel comfortable recommending anyone to work in any other role then a Brand Ambassador.

Pros
Paid travel
Cons
expected to have the ability to front $8000 for promotional expenses.
Productive and fun
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 November 2015
It was a summer position and I got this job right after I finished my practicum there. It was very unfortunate that it came to an end.
Pros
Great management and benefits
Cons
summer position
Easy to get trapped with the salary
Mechanical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Esterhazy, Saskatchewan10 August 2015
While it still might not be the most lucrative salary out there, for entry level employee's the $70,000 plus can be enticing. I've found myself stuck in a miserable, and cliquey town, refusing to settle down. The 2 year waiting period to become vested in order to withdraw my entire compensation in retirement savings will keep me locked in until then, as well as signing bonuses and employee incentive plan. I ask myself every day whether its worth it to be miserable.
A non-profit organization that helps the community. A great place to learn.
Human Resources Assistant  (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 June 2013
The group at MOSAIC is very willing to teach, making this a great place to start in an office environment. A typical day would include scanning performance reviews and emailing them to coworkers, filing documents related to personal files, updating salary information in Payworks, updating contract information in MS Access, rearranging files to and from the termination list. Support the HR department where ever necessary.
Pros
Flexible hours based on my personal availability and I am able to ride my bike to work, which makes me happy.
Cons
I would like to gather more experience and take on new work, but there is no real position for me to move into.
Family environment and fun to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, Saskatchewan19 July 2016
The Colonsay mine site in Saskatchewan is a fun place to work and feels like a family environment. Managers have a mentoring attitude and genuinely value safety over everything else.
Pros
Excellent people, fun place to work
Cons
commute is challenging