Mosaic

Mosaic Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
SKIP THIS JOB AT ALL COSTS
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: ITS PART TIME, CASUAL
Cons: SEE ABOVE
These guys are NOT organized, they are NOT friendly to new hires, they screw up your pay on a REGULAR BASIS.

-the shifts are STRICKLY PART-TIME, No chance for promotion, the hours could be from as LITTLE AS 4 hours to 20 hours.

-they can cancel with practically NO NOTICE and they cancel shifts all the time.

-most of the team leads are douche bags and they are moody.

-emails and phone calls go UN-ANSWERED from the district manager

-getting a company T-shirt takes many months---that right there speaks volumes of how much the company cares about its employees.

-info on the emails (directions and address) to your work locations are NOT ACCURATE

-complex computer entries to log hours

-travel with your own car, OUT OF TOWN, sometimes starting times of 5:00 a.m

-FAVORITISM with employees as far as who does which section

-they pay you about a buck above MINIMUM WAGE, an expect you to maintain a fast pace.

if you have no life, don't need the money, only want to work once or twice PER WEEK and don't mind waking up at 5-6 am...THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU
Not a company you want to 'grow' with
Brand Ambassador and Program Coordinator (Former Employee), VancouverApril 30, 2013
Pros: paid travel
Cons: expected to have the ability to front $8000 for promotional expenses.
I really loved working for Mosaic as a B.A. and Promo Model, and was very excited when I was promoted to a Coordinator.

Unfortunately, that was the worst position I have ever had, and by the conversations I have had with other Coordinators, their experiences were no better. Expectations include, having no social life, working 90+ hour weeks with no time off in compensation, refusal to pay out expenses in a timely matter, and expectation of staff to forge results to meet clients expectations.

All around such a negative experience with this company. I would not feel comfortable recommending anyone to work in any other role then a Brand Ambassador.
could set your own hours.
merchandiser (Former Employee), EdmontonMarch 4, 2015
Pros: set your own hours
Cons: sometimes not given enough time to complete project.
Upon arriving at your first project of the day, you would report to manager of store, to introduce yourself, let them know what company you are with, explain what you are going to be doing and ask where you can locate the supplies you would need for the project.
You had to learn to associate with many types of people. Usually most projects were for one person to complete. Some larger jobs required two or three to work together.
The hardest part of the job was sometimes arriving at the store and your supplies you needed could not be located and you spent most of your time looking for supplies.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people.
A non-profit organization that helps the community. A great place to learn.
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 3, 2013
Pros: flexible hours based on my personal availability and i am able to ride my bike to work, which makes me happy.
Cons: i would like to gather more experience and take on new work, but there is no real position for me to move into.
The group at MOSAIC is very willing to teach, making this a great place to start in an office environment. A typical day would include scanning performance reviews and emailing them to coworkers, filing documents related to personal files, updating salary information in Payworks, updating contract information in MS Access, rearranging files to and from the termination list. Support the HR department where ever necessary.
Mosaic Promotional Model
employee (Former Employee), Matheson DriveJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, parking and travel time was expensed.
Cons: Contract work wasnt always consistent.
At Mosaic I worked a variety of different contract jobs.

Typical day at work was to show up to a certain location where you would learn the key phrases and product knowledge of what you should be advertising when talking to consumers.

You learned how to talk to complete strangers and being completely comfortable to strike up a conversation with anyone passing along.

Co-workers were always very friendly and team work was essential!

Hardest part of the job was learning to accept rejection from consumers.

Most enjoyable part was seeing consumers have a memorable experience through out your shift.
I"ve always enjoyed mining
Hoist operater (Former Employee), Colonsay, SKSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: not breathing the dust that i was underground and also a quieter surrounding
Cons: shift work if i have to mention a con
I was on production @Mosaic for approx. 25 years before getting my hoisting ticket I enjoyed the underground world while I was there but enjoy the hoist position even more. A typical day on the hoist is doing your daily checks on the hoist with the shaft crew or electricians, Lowering material underground. My co-worker are great and I also have a great boss too. Hardest part is not see the people you working with and going with the signals and bell system but learning that skill is great
Responsibilites
Brand Ambassador for Samsung Canada (Current Employee), ontarioApril 21, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: part time
Brand Ambassador for Samsung Canada. I am responsible for promoting sales to existing and new clients, identifying and soliciting potential clients. Other duties include training and educating other employees from external stores, assessing client's needs and resources and recommending the appropriate goods and/or services. I also set up displays of merchandise in stores or in malls to attract new customers. I deliver sales presentations to employees and administer and close sales transactions with clients.
good second career
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Laval and North ShoreDecember 9, 2013
Pros: flexible hours to a degree, free golf shirts
Cons: some jobs require a lot of schlepping of equipment and preparation.
I've done several sorts of jobs including experiential merchandising, store resets, firmware upgrades and blitz crew work (setting up gas station convenience stores). Pay is reasonable. Mileage payout is weak. There was plenty of support when I needed to ask questions. I find their pay system arcane and hard to interpret as to what exactly I was paid for which service I provided.

Met many good people, almost no one I couldn't get along with.
Internet Access is a must.
Overnight Reset - Casual Employment (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJune 9, 2014
Pros: they pay for my travel/accomodations when i go away for work
Cons: company is based out of toronto so there is no face to face contact to resolve issues
Much easier to work for a company based out of where you live. There have been many issues where I have had to play phone tag or email numerous people to have the issue resolved. Most of the training I received was by email and I would have to teach myself. People I deal with at work are great, but getting anything done through the higher ups is always a hassel
Productive and friendly environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee), MississaugaNovember 8, 2014
Pros: working as a team
Cons: long nights
Worked from 11pm-7am. Would sign in and report to manager. I learned a lot about reading modification sheets and how to communicate while under pressure. The hardest part about the job was trying to please everyone as everyone was working hard and scrambled everywhere some people would ask for help at the same time and myself could not help all at once. the most enjoyable part of the job was when everything was finished and knowing the job was done right.
Organization culture and structure
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2014
They have a strong organizational structure and culture. It is the best experienced i ever had taken in my job. the management is so strong and the skills they use to control their team are very effective. Co-workers are very co-operative. I like merchandising so I enjoyed every part of this job. There was no hardest part in this job and every day was full of learning new supervisory skills and merchandising skills.
A selfless volunteering organization
Director of Marketing (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 18, 2015
Pros: Attending a variety of Events and festivals
Cons: Long hours
- Create promotional videos/posters.
-Distributing videos and posters through social media outputs.
- Recruit Volunteers.
-Calling up all volunteers and organizing them into groups.
- Coordinating with the Event planners.
- The most enjoyable part of the position is the diverse environments I find myself in each time I organize/attend an event.
Excellent opportunity
Brand ambassador (Current Employee), EdmontonDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great hours, flexible, diverse job opportunities
Cons: when jobs end there may not be a new one right away
I currently work for Mosaic part time and it could not be a more flexible job. My coordinator is so friendly and helpful, always willing to go the extra mile to help me out. If you are considering working for them part time, my advice is to give it a try. This is my first time working two jobs and so far I don't regret a thing.
Great co workers
Overnight reset (Former Employee), British ColumbiaJune 19, 2013
Pros: good honest work
Cons: waiting well over 2 weeks for a paycheque and having to fight with payroll and hr to get it sent out
while i enjoyed the work....the hours were waaaaay too little...(8-16 a month! Overnight reset @Home Depot) The crews i worked with were always great...understanding..helpful and friendly....the worst part was waiting to get paid ( waited over a month for an 8 hour paycheque)
Mosiac was a fun and enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2014
Pros: very nice environment
Cons: was far from home
Mosiac taught me a lot about leadeship and responsibilty as I was working with full time employees that had been working their for many years. A typical day at work would include doing the usual inventory check, filling up the cases with food and beverages, makng sure the cafe was clean and working as the cashier.
Fun place to work with the right attitude
Sales Representative, Phillips LED (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMay 18, 2015
Pros: standing around and waiting for the customers
Cons: got boring at times
Typical day of work was go in to a store, set up the demo area, stand around and wait for customers that you can engage. The hardest part of the job was to keep track of all the sales made, when there was more than one consumers at a time.
Great work environment with flexible schedule.
Field Specialist (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 2, 2015
A great company to work for! I travel between different mobile stores training RSA's on upcoming, or recently released devices in order to better assist them with sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the chance to attain and use brand new mobile devices before they hit the market.
Excellent part time work, perfect for students!
Team Lead (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaApril 21, 2015
Pros: Starting pay
Cons: Not enough hours
Sales Ambassadors/Representatives go out in the field and perform liquor tastings at various liquor store locations. Reps must dressed appropriately and come fully prepared. People who are already social and enjoy being around people this job is a shoe in.
Challenging!
Contract team member for Metro/Food Basics (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 6, 2015
I started this contract position after 10 years of customer service based employment. This current position challenges me physically and mentally on a daily basis. I thoroughly enjoy the traveling that this job entails and highly recommend the experience this position has to offer.
a social place to work with great opportunities.
Marketing and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Mosaic was a energetic place to work with having fun and excitement to meeting new people everyday. and also being acustom to changing venues quite often, which not only was fun but gave me opportunity to experience to adapt to all sorts of work environment.
Headquarters