Mosaic Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Esterhazy, SKDecember 17, 2015
Different culture and environment. learned a lot.Good engineering experience. New Industry to explore. People are very friendly and management is good
Productive and fun
ESL Instructor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 29, 2015
Pros: Great management and benefits
Cons: summer position
It was a summer position and I got this job right after I finished my practicum there. It was very unfortunate that it came to an end.
Fun work place
Contractor Reset (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Fun workers
Cons: Long hours
Loved working for Mosaic ! So kinda and loving co-workers.
Every night we worked it was just great walking in and seeing everybody. If I had the chance, I would do it again in a heart beat.
Good pay but that is all
Underground Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Colonsay, SKNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Layoffs and Lay off Notices
Really not a terrible place to work, but no room what so ever for advancement probably the worst workplace environment imaginable. Great guys on shift but lazy. Job security always on your mind
Easy to get trapped with the salary
Mechanical Analyst (Current Employee), Esterhazy, SaskatchewanAugust 10, 2015
While it still might not be the most lucrative salary out there, for entry level employee's the $70,000 plus can be enticing. I've found myself stuck in a miserable, and cliquey town, refusing to settle down. The 2 year waiting period to become vested in order to withdraw my entire compensation in retirement savings will keep me locked in until then, as well as signing bonuses and employee incentive plan. I ask myself every day whether its worth it to be miserable.
A selfless volunteering organization
Director of Marketing (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 18, 2015
Pros: Attending a variety of Events and festivals
Cons: Long hours
- Create promotional videos/posters.
-Distributing videos and posters through social media outputs.
- Recruit Volunteers.
-Calling up all volunteers and organizing them into groups.
- Coordinating with the Event planners.
- The most enjoyable part of the position is the diverse environments I find myself in each time I organize/attend an event.
Mosaic
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: some days were long hours
It was a really good learning experience, love the people that were there, they really taught me a lot. My co-workers were really nice and my boss really motivated the team to do better and be better.
SKIP THIS JOB AT ALL COSTS
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: ITS PART TIME, CASUAL
Cons: SEE ABOVE
These guys are NOT organized, they are NOT friendly to new hires, they screw up your pay on a REGULAR BASIS.

-the shifts are STRICKLY PART-TIME, No chance for promotion, the hours could be from as LITTLE AS 4 hours to 20 hours.

-they can cancel with practically NO NOTICE and they cancel shifts all the time.

-most of the team leads are douche bags and they are moody.

-emails and phone calls go UN-ANSWERED from the district manager

-getting a company T-shirt takes many months---that right there speaks volumes of how much the company cares about its employees.

-info on the emails (directions and address) to your work locations are NOT ACCURATE

-complex computer entries to log hours

-travel with your own car, OUT OF TOWN, sometimes starting times of 5:00 a.m

-FAVORITISM with employees as far as who does which section

-they pay you about a buck above MINIMUM WAGE, an expect you to maintain a fast pace.

if you have no life, don't need the money, only want to work once or twice PER WEEK and don't mind waking up at 5-6 am...THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU
industrial setting
Laborer (Former Employee), Moose Jaw, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: good experience
Cons: way far underground at times
Great team to be involved with. responsible for emergency telephone lines which save lives. A lot of deep underground work.
Productive and pleasant place of employment.
MRO Cataloguing Specialist (Current Employee), Colonsay, SKDecember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent salary/benefits
Cons: long commute to work.
A typical day involved communicating with Vendors, receiving quotes, researching items, working in the Maximo system and tracking items and documentation.
I learned a lot about the equipment and their parts that are on site, as well as the flow process that goes into completing an item and the approval stage for Inventory, along with the Safety measures that are implemented on the job site.
Management changed often, but it was easy to adjust to the changes.
Most Co-workers were polite and well-mannered, some others were discourteous.
Hardest part of the job was learning certain crucial details about parts/assemblies.
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a lot of new people and being able to learn something new each day.
productive and fun place to work
Nike Golf Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: only part time
Assisted customers with advice and product knowledge
Let customers demonstrate products for proof of quality
Clearly outlined the product and what it can offer the player
Customer Service and finished sales to increase revenue
Mosaic Marketing
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Pros: fun teams
Cons: long hours
Fun atmosphere and great training.

days are fast passed and long and the reporting is a bit tricky at the end of the day but overall really great!
Mosaic Promotional Model
employee (Former Employee), Matheson DriveJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, parking and travel time was expensed.
Cons: Contract work wasnt always consistent.
At Mosaic I worked a variety of different contract jobs.

Typical day at work was to show up to a certain location where you would learn the key phrases and product knowledge of what you should be advertising when talking to consumers.

You learned how to talk to complete strangers and being completely comfortable to strike up a conversation with anyone passing along.

Co-workers were always very friendly and team work was essential!

Hardest part of the job was learning to accept rejection from consumers.

Most enjoyable part was seeing consumers have a memorable experience through out your shift.
what i enjoyed about the job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2015
overall it was enjoyable being able to assist shoppers in what they buy and provide them with information to help them be more aware in the purchases they make.
FUN workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ajax, ONNovember 9, 2015
pan am was a once in a lifetime opportunity, i got to meet a bunch of new people! it was a great experience working as a guard there!
Rate a 5..... yes I would work there again
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Owen Sound areaOctober 27, 2015
Great place to work. Thinks about your health and safety. Easy staff to work with. Great managers. Lots of time off. Air - cond. in summer. Casual dress.
Great work environment with flexible schedule.
Field Specialist (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 2, 2015
A great company to work for! I travel between different mobile stores training RSA's on upcoming, or recently released devices in order to better assist them with sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the chance to attain and use brand new mobile devices before they hit the market.
Not a company you want to 'grow' with
Brand Ambassador and Program Coordinator (Former Employee), VancouverApril 30, 2013
Pros: paid travel
Cons: expected to have the ability to front $8000 for promotional expenses.
I really loved working for Mosaic as a B.A. and Promo Model, and was very excited when I was promoted to a Coordinator.

Unfortunately, that was the worst position I have ever had, and by the conversations I have had with other Coordinators, their experiences were no better. Expectations include, having no social life, working 90+ hour weeks with no time off in compensation, refusal to pay out expenses in a timely matter, and expectation of staff to forge results to meet clients expectations.

All around such a negative experience with this company. I would not feel comfortable recommending anyone to work in any other role then a Brand Ambassador.
Productive and fun
Fido XM Field Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Short term
Productive and Fun work environment.
Great management.
End of the day reports can be tedious
Fantastic incentive bonuses
Organization culture and structure
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 15, 2014
They have a strong organizational structure and culture. It is the best experienced i ever had taken in my job. the management is so strong and the skills they use to control their team are very effective. Co-workers are very co-operative. I like merchandising so I enjoyed every part of this job. There was no hardest part in this job and every day was full of learning new supervisory skills and merchandising skills.
Headquarters