Mosaic Employee Reviews

A corporation that eats its young
Senior Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Esterhazy10 August 2017
I worked at Mosaic for four years as a senior manager and found the wages and benefits second to none. They needed to be however because they were culturally disadvantaged owing to a mismatch of two or three previous organization styles. To a person, the non union workers were terrorized by the falling price of potash and their American overlords. Union workers were just fine as they hardly noticed the succession of corporate take-overs. It is easy to get on at Mosaic because of their horrendous labour practices (high turn-over) but no matter what you do - do not buy a house unless you are a unionized worker.
Pros
Always provide meals for meetings and such
Cons
Clash of American and Canadian cultures
Easy parttime job
Product Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Various25 July 2017
You will interact with a lot if shoppers passing by try to get them interested in the product you are promoting. Pay is basic job is simple hours r 16 per week. You go to different retails. You are a sample person. Good to earn some extra income.
Pros
Easiness
Cons
Standing. Bad managers. Low pay low quality
Well Paying
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Esterhazy, SK24 July 2017
The work pays very well but can be somewhat repetitive. The people are good to work with and work is well planned out. A good place to work although it's somewhat isolated.
Fun and relaxed work environment.
Product Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 July 2017
Good work environment with friendly staff and management. Learned how to influence the consumer sales experience and turning buying into selling.
Overall 4/5
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Automobile preferable as distance to work can change on a weekly basis.
Enjoyable workplace
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2017
Working with Mosaic is very fast paced i enjoy the high energy environment.

I learned how to be fast on my feet. I also learned about a lot of things to do get involved in in Ontario, while being compensated to experience.
Pros
Gaining experience in the Marketing business
Cons
work consistency was kind of low
Fun work environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2017
A normal day consisted of me driving to target locations to provide samples of alcohol to customers. Most of what the person in charge of me did was tell me to go to locations and routinely checked up on me to see if I doing the job correctly and professionally. A job like this helped me with my communication skills. The work environment itself was fun since most locations were liquor stores.
Productive and engaging place to work
Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
Every brand ambassador activation was different and enticing in that way that your locations are versatile
You learn something new each day and the information is valuable to your future product knowledge
Full of exciting people
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
The programs offered are very versatile. There is a program for anyone looking to start as a BA. There are programs where you are by yourself, and others where you are in a team.
The people I've come across were generally very nice and overall excited to work here.
Some programs offer flexible hours and others may only last a couple weeks. Good for making a bit of money on the side. Would definetely recommend for students.
Pros
salary
Fun Place to Work
Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
Fun company to work with. Its enjoyable connecting with people on the job while promoting, serving and selling various products. Its great to connect and meet different people while promoting a product.
Pros
Pay for travel expenses
Cons
Long time standing
Fun and very interactive
Shoppers Food Sample Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2017
typical day would be to talk to costumers and engage with them in a friendly and professional manner, to inform them of our products and what we stand for. It was fun to talk to all types of people and get experience through each interaction.
Great safe enjoyable place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Esterhazy, SK4 April 2017
Typical day of work usually involves shoveling of galleries and general yard maintenance. Management is fantastic and very welcoming. Workplace culture is very friendly and safe. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Decent place to work
Merchandiser/Relining (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 March 2017
Work was overly easy, but long hours away from home. Some team leads were awesome, some were degrading and ignorant creating a hostile work environment.
Overall
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 March 2017
Flexible schedules are sent out on regular basis. We are able to accept shifts at our availability. Job duty is primarily serving food to customers at supermarkets while providing an exceptional brand experience. Great supportive supervisors have made it an amazing experience.
Welcoming and hard-working place of work
Brand ambassador for CLIF Bars (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2017
Very nice people who allowed for an amazing experience while I worked there. I learnt a lot about marketing from this job. I was a brand amabassador, so I often worked out of office and did in-field activations for the company. We worked with brands such as CLIF Bars.
Pros
contract work
Cons
contract work
parfait pour étudiants
Représentante de marque (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 March 2017
contract de duré diverses
doit posseder un permis
parfait pour étudiants
Pros
pas de stresse
Cons
différents déplacements
Was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2017
did not work here for long. It was a little boring and not much to the job. However, the money was very good and the scheduling was also a dream
Good way to pick up some extra cash
Samsung Innovation Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
The job was straightforward and simple. All you need to be able to do is talk to people and make them want to talk to you.

The promotions that they do are naturally inclusive of their audience. The information they give you makes you come off as a genius when it comes to whatever you're promoting.

The jobs are also fun, and the management team encourages you to seek out new interesting ways to engage with your target audience. Trying out new methods is always a good idea.

At one point, promoting a Samsung tablet, I spent 30-45 minutes playing a racing game on a 60 inch TV in a Future Shop to try and get the attention of a bunch of kids with their parents shopping during after school hours. This demo'd the screen mirroring technology, got the attention of the kids, allowed me to do my pitch to the parents, and was just plain fun. How many jobs let you do something like that?
Mosaic good company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 February 2017
Mosaic was a really good company to work for. I started with kraft/ mondelez I worked for them for two years than I took on the met dept as merchandiser for the games and movies.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Fun job culture
Field Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and getting their feedback on products. The hardest part of the job was having to carry the props and equipment to different locations.
Varied work tasks in varied stores, very flexible work schedule
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2017
The tasks a Brand Ambassador has to complete are very simple and straightforward. The real job is being able to help customers who come with questions. Generally the store in which I worked varied from week to week, and so did the people. Being around all those different people was more fun than challenging, though. Management is as helpful as they can be. But when there is something missing from the display kit, there's nothing that anyone can really do. If you're the first choice for an activation and you can't make it to all of your shifts, you tell your supervisor and they look for another Brand Ambassador to cover them, but the ones you can do you keep.
Pros
flexible schedule, no sales pressure
Cons
sometimes work kits are incomplete or damaged, and you just have to make do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mosaic. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval