Mosaic Employee Reviews in Canada

Family environment and fun to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SaskatchewanJuly 19, 2016
The Colonsay mine site in Saskatchewan is a fun place to work and feels like a family environment. Managers have a mentoring attitude and genuinely value safety over everything else.
Pros
Excellent people, fun place to work
Cons
commute is challenging
Good employer but time to move forward.
Raw ore trackhoe operator (Current Employee) –  Colonsay, SKJuly 14, 2016
Mosaic has been a good place to work. The employee's are helpful and people are safety conscious. I've enjoyed my time at mosaic but with this current layoff I find myself in a position where I need to either find temporary work or move on in a different direction. I enjoyed going to work at mosaic and always did my best to go above and beyond my expectations.

I feel like I was a well rounded worker, I found myself working in many different locations of the mine site. Getting a taste for everything and learning as much as I can while I was there.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Currently going through a layoff.
Flexible hours, easy to get along with staff and fun work environment.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work consists of driving to the location you are assigned, setting up a booth with whatever it is you're sampling and then you begin to actually work. You get as many peoples attention as possible and you try to sell as much as possible of whatever the product you were sampling is. The management is excellent and super easy to get along with and the hour are flexible. You don't have someone watching you, you are alone in the field except for the occasional so if you don't like being micro-managed it is great. I don't have anything bad to say.
It was a great organization to volunteer with, sometimes not responsible.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 29, 2016
Volunteering with MOSAIC was fun and very co-operative, but sometime I would go to projects and there would be no one there, which would waste a lot of my time.
Great place to work good hours good wage
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 17, 2016
I go into different liquor stores to sample there products to costumers. The people I work for are great I love it there! Hardest part of my job is leaving after my shift I love it there so much
Mosaic
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2016
It was a really good learning experience, love the people that were there, they really taught me a lot. My co-workers were really nice and my boss really motivated the team to do better and be better.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
some days were long hours
Fun work place
Contractor Reset (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2016
Loved working for Mosaic ! So kinda and loving co-workers.
Every night we worked it was just great walking in and seeing everybody. If I had the chance, I would do it again in a heart beat.
Pros
Fun workers
industrial setting
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Great team to be involved with. responsible for emergency telephone lines which save lives. A lot of deep underground work.
Pros
good experience
Cons
way far underground at times
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Esterhazy, SKDecember 17, 2015
Different culture and environment. learned a lot.Good engineering experience. New Industry to explore. People are very friendly and management is good
Productive and fun
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 29, 2015
It was a summer position and I got this job right after I finished my practicum there. It was very unfortunate that it came to an end.
Pros
Great management and benefits
Cons
summer position
productive and fun place to work
Nike Golf Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 26, 2015
Assisted customers with advice and product knowledge
Let customers demonstrate products for proof of quality
Clearly outlined the product and what it can offer the player
Customer Service and finished sales to increase revenue
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
only part time
Good pay but that is all
Underground Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Colonsay, SKNovember 9, 2015
Really not a terrible place to work, but no room what so ever for advancement probably the worst workplace environment imaginable. Great guys on shift but lazy. Job security always on your mind
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Layoffs and Lay off Notices
FUN workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONNovember 9, 2015
pan am was a once in a lifetime opportunity, i got to meet a bunch of new people! it was a great experience working as a guard there!
what i enjoyed about the job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2015
overall it was enjoyable being able to assist shoppers in what they buy and provide them with information to help them be more aware in the purchases they make.
Rate a 5..... yes I would work there again
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound areaOctober 27, 2015
Great place to work. Thinks about your health and safety. Easy staff to work with. Great managers. Lots of time off. Air - cond. in summer. Casual dress.
Great work environment with flexible schedule.
Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 2, 2015
A great company to work for! I travel between different mobile stores training RSA's on upcoming, or recently released devices in order to better assist them with sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the chance to attain and use brand new mobile devices before they hit the market.
Mosaic Marketing
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Fun atmosphere and great training.

days are fast passed and long and the reporting is a bit tricky at the end of the day but overall really great!
Pros
fun teams
Cons
Easy to get trapped with the salary
Mechanical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Esterhazy, SaskatchewanAugust 10, 2015
While it still might not be the most lucrative salary out there, for entry level employee's the $70,000 plus can be enticing. I've found myself stuck in a miserable, and cliquey town, refusing to settle down. The 2 year waiting period to become vested in order to withdraw my entire compensation in retirement savings will keep me locked in until then, as well as signing bonuses and employee incentive plan. I ask myself every day whether its worth it to be miserable.
Mosaic Promotional Model
employee (Former Employee) –  Matheson DriveJune 29, 2015
At Mosaic I worked a variety of different contract jobs.

Typical day at work was to show up to a certain location where you would learn the key phrases and product knowledge of what you should be advertising when talking to consumers.

You learned how to talk to complete strangers and being completely comfortable to strike up a conversation with anyone passing along.

Co-workers were always very friendly and team work was essential!

Hardest part of the job was learning to accept rejection from consumers.

Most enjoyable part was seeing consumers have a memorable experience through out your shift.
Pros
Free lunch, parking and travel time was expensed.
Cons
Contract work wasnt always consistent.
SKIP THIS JOB AT ALL COSTS
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 17, 2015
These guys are NOT organized, they are NOT friendly to new hires, they screw up your pay on a REGULAR BASIS.

-the shifts are STRICKLY PART-TIME, No chance for promotion, the hours could be from as LITTLE AS 4 hours to 20 hours.

-they can cancel with practically NO NOTICE and they cancel shifts all the time.

-most of the team leads are douche bags and they are moody.

-emails and phone calls go UN-ANSWERED from the district manager

-getting a company T-shirt takes many months---that right there speaks volumes of how much the company cares about its employees.

-info on the emails (directions and address) to your work locations are NOT ACCURATE

-complex computer entries to log hours

-travel with your own car, OUT OF TOWN, sometimes starting times of 5:00 a.m

-FAVORITISM with employees as far as who does which section

-they pay you about a buck above MINIMUM WAGE, an expect you to maintain a fast pace.

if you have no life, don't need the money, only want to work once or twice PER WEEK and don't mind waking up at 5-6 am...THIS IS THE JOB FOR YOU
Pros
ITS PART TIME, CASUAL
Cons
SEE ABOVE