Morton Salt Employee Reviews

Great place to work, except for the temp service
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rittman, OH25 September 2016
Nice people with great safety procedures. You get to learn every part of your work station from helpful co-workers. Management tried to really understand and help you find where you'd work best.
Pros
Good work enviroment and co-workers.
Cons
Going through a temp service.
Overall a good place to gain experience
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Silver Springs, NY2 May 2016
During my time at Morton Salt I was able to gain experience in several different fields including: fluid dynamics, HVAC, and project management.
Great Experience
Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LA7 February 2016
Great treatment of new employee. Safety is a huge part of the culture. great place to develop career. would work there again for sure
Management is a joke.
Mine Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LA22 December 2015
Everything is done backwards. Equipment is always down. Very hot underground. Managment team is inexperienced and are hipocrits. You WILL be set up for failure.
Pros
Decent pay and all the hours you want.
Cons
No direction or proper training to be successful.
I was a great place to work.
Senior Plant Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 September 2015
I enjoyed my job at Morton Salt. In typical day I would do repairs on machines, meet with contractors and vendors. I would also set up jobs for the other maintenance personal.
Pays the bills but will run you into the ground
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rittman, OH6 August 2015
Was treated like a 3rd class citizen in a union environment while hourly employees were rarely disciplined effectively. Complete disrespect for education. Management purposely scheduled maintenance outages over weekends and company/federal holidays and specialized in public humiliation tactics. Management either rescheduled or cancelled vacations at will. 60 hour work weeks were expected with no additional compensation. Raises and bonuses were nearly non existent. Raises were barely cost of living which in turn were negated by the increases in health care cost that were passed on to salary employees. Unhealthy environment.
Pros
Safety incentive program
Cons
On call 24/7 no matter what.
Workplace full of great people and opportunities
Industrial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 August 2015
Morton Salt is a great place to work. It is full of wonderful hardworking people who work as a team. Many employees have been there over 20 years so it feels more like a family sometimes.
Good job security
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA2 August 2015
Collect in process and finished samples and test salt products to ensure additives were within company specifications.
the people are friendly.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LA14 June 2015
Get my orders to know what I have to do that day. How to run different style of equipment. Really don't have a plan before they put it into action. friendly people, extreme temp.,working with people you like.
Great place to work!
Underground Miner (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LA14 June 2015
Great company to work for! The atmosphere is like non-other. Also the training program is very well organized. My personal experience as an employee there was good.
Horrible experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 February 2015
Worst company culture ever experienced. SAP was introduced and this company could not handle it. Old fashioned management style
Mining
Hvy equip, construction, Journeyman electricia (Current Employee) –  Fairport Hbr, OH24 January 2015
A typical day is fast paced covering nearly 7 square miles of underground mine. I currently work on anything from 12 volt automotive systems to 13.2kva cable splicing.

Management at this facility is horrible and without focus. They cannot tackle one problem and move on instead they junp from one to another and accomplish nothing. The hourly workers there are great but feel stuck because of the poor management.
Challenging, Rewarding Career!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA14 January 2015
Working in Industrial Sales at Morton Salt has been an extremely rewarding experience. The opportunity for exposure to such a diverse customer base has opened up numerous avenues of opportunity.
Sales
Sales Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, Fl13 January 2015
Morton Salt, Inc., a Fortune 500 company, is based in Chicago, IL. Manufacturer of Food salts, water conditioning, and chemical grade.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
changes
no comment
Senior Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL5 January 2015
no comment. I was given increased responsibilities throughout my career. Effective December 2014, 100% of the positions of my department were eliminated.
Very Fast Pace Environment
Order Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, IL4 December 2014
A lot of work and not enough people. Great place to work. I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have great co-workers.
Morton
Bulk Deicing and Industrial Supply Planner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL6 October 2014
The company provides many opportunities for advancement.
Overworked, underpaid
QC Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Rittman, Ohio3 July 2014
Poor management has driven out many salaried workers. You will be expected to be on call 24/7 without being paid to be on call. Schedule changes are frequent with short notice.
Working and living in paradise
Crane Rigger (Former Employee) –  Inagua Bahamas12 June 2014
Interesting to see how salt is farmed, processed and shipped out onto ships by the new conveyor belt that was built by Miesner Marine.
Pros
Great Fishing
Cons
Eat too much fish
A very fun place to work,
Deduction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 May 2014
It was great company , it was hard working but fun ,working in a team of ten made it interesting and we were helping each other out in order to make our goal
Pros
company events
Cons
sometimes we had to work weekends.