Morton Salt

Morton Salt Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overworked, underpaid
QC Lab Technician (Former Employee), Rittman, OhioJuly 3, 2014
Poor management has driven out many salaried workers. You will be expected to be on call 24/7 without being paid to be on call. Schedule changes are frequent with short notice.
Working and living in paradise
Crane Rigger (Former Employee), Inagua BahamasJune 12, 2014
Pros: great fishing
Cons: eat too much fish
Interesting to see how salt is farmed, processed and shipped out onto ships by the new conveyor belt that was built by Miesner Marine.
A very fun place to work,
Deduction Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 30, 2014
Pros: company events
Cons: sometimes we had to work weekends.
It was great company , it was hard working but fun ,working in a team of ten made it interesting and we were helping each other out in order to make our goal
Work
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), CHICAO ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: computer and sit down office job
Cons: straining on eyes
A normal day consists of me going over data, ensuring there are no errors, and organizing the data into Morton's SAP system.

The most difficult part of the job is looking at the data for long periods of time and playing around on excel can be frustrating when something is not entered correctly.

I enjoy entering data and I enjoy double checking my – more... work assuring I have 100% accuracy with my work. – less
A great place to work.
Dock Foreman (Current Employee), Grantsville, UTMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great crew
Cons: working straight nights
I am responsible to set up my crew each night when I come into work, I assign operators to load trucks and rail cars with product for shipment to our customers. I have learned patience in this, sometimes we run out of product for shipments, we have to reprioritize shipments on a daily basis. Some of the upper management try to help me get the job done – more... by setting up the production plan to include product I need more than other. I supervise a very safe and productive crew, encouraging each worker to submit near misses and to document incidents that they have. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the morale of the workers when certain occasions get taken away, or when we have to force a lot of overtime. The most enjoyable part is knowing I am shipping quality product to our customers. – less
Working as a contractor. Good company to work for but they are going under a strict downsizing.
Distribution Analyst (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILFebruary 6, 2014
I handle the US and Canada Ice Melt supply replenishment. Learned new shipping methods for ice melt products. Management is ver knowledgeable as they have ben there for years. Hardest part of the job at the current time is not having enough salt supply to meet demand. Most enjoyable part of the job is that it jeeps snowing, which is great for business.
Currently going through transition with management.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), South Hutchinson, KS.January 1, 2014
Just went through layoffs company wide and are looking for drastic changes to compete in the market. Not a stable work place at this time.
Excellent people to work with, high regard for employees.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), South Hutchinson, KSDecember 19, 2013
7-1/2 hour days, Monday through Friday. Daily reports, inventory receiving and working with accounts payable to resolve issues and forward invoices for payment. Team work was crucial between departments as all were involved in final product. Management at the plant was organized and supportive of changes to increase job efficiency. Co-workers were cordial – more... and sincere. The hardest part of the job was to resolve AP issues that were years old and kept getting put on a back burner because of time restrictions. The best part of the job was their emphasis on the safety of each employee and how they included us in improvements and rewards. – less
Friendly, laid back work enviroment, yet productive.
Former Deduction Analyst (no longer employed) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2013
Excellent Company to work for. Friendly, caring co-workers, as well as Management. A typical work day, would start with a cup of coffee from the small dining / fax/copying space, along with toaster & Fridge. Where co-workers chated about upcoming events,new employees, what was to be accomplished that day, or what you hoped to accomplish before the end – more... of the work day.

I would say the hardest part would be when the day ended,and you weren't able to complete all task on your agenda for that day.

The most enjoyable part was the activities lined up for the employees,such as "Secret Santa, and the Christmas parties,as well as outdoor events, such as pinics, and baseball games,as well as meeting your co-workers children and their spouses. A Chance to mingle and talk about each other lives outside of Morton.

Morton was brought out by K+S Group of which I give A Five Star Rating in Compensation / Benefits,culture/values, Job security / advancement,management, and work / Life Balance.

Thanks for the opportunity. – less
Good
Deduction Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2013
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: not to much room for advancement
I arrived at 7:00 am, and would turn on computer, organize my desk for the work for the day that I would prepare the night before as my starting point of the day, sign in to all work sites, print necessary invoices and backup detail from emails. I learned a new software SAP as well as the different aspects of the company in order to perfect my job performance. – more... I had no problems with management or my co-workers, the hardest part of the job was not really hard but just dealing with sales and marketing when information was needed from there department, the most enjoyable part was the work, I love challenges and staying busy as well as the contact with others, – less
Outstanding Company!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Oak Brook COE, ILOctober 8, 2013
Pros: great teamwork
Cons: none for me
I have been working here for over a year now and I could not be happier. Best decision I ever made. This is a fantastic office, everyone here works as a team and its just a pleasure to come to work everyday. Yes it get hectic and some days you wish you stayed in bed...but at the end of the day you make a difference and for that I am truly grateful to – more... be with this company. It never feels like just a job to do....I always feel like I am part of something special. – less
Great environment
Driver (Current Employee), Grantsville, UTAugust 19, 2013
Relocating to Dallas area. Morton Salt is a great company to work for.
worked at Morton Salt in budgeting, financial forecasting and internal reporting
Financial Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2013
Worked with a great team who helped me and allowed me to express my skills.
Great Company
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Port Canaveral, FLAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: night shift
Shift Production supervisor over night. Included maintenance, production and warehouse operations.
Fun, and Family
Security officer (Current Employee), Grantsville, UTJuly 20, 2013
Pros: they care for the employees
Cons: could use more pay
Its like working with a family, I mean if you can get over it being work, and in Hot or Cold weather...all in all i like it
Place is getting run down
retired and glad of it (Former Employee), Reno County, KansasMay 17, 2013
Pros: close
Cons: dirty work
Some of implemented programs not working.
A lot of improvements weren't.
Some people are not given the chances they should.
cool
Warehousemen (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 1, 2013
Motivated professional with multiple track record of stellar attendance and work performance. Talent for quickly mastering various task – recently completed Safety course. Diplomatic and tactful with professionals and non-professionals at all levels. Accustomed to handling sensitive situations. Demonstrated history of reliability.
Flexible and versatile – more... – able to maintain a sense of humor under pressure. Poised and competent with demonstrated ability to easily transcend cultural differences. Thrive in deadline-driven environments. Excellent team-building skills. – less
Most well managed project
OCM Communications/Sr. Training Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2013
This was one of the most well run SAP Implementations that I have consulted. It was definitely a pleasure working with a team that has implemented Change Management and focused on the stakeholders.
Co-operative
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee), Grand River, OHJanuary 11, 2013
Morton salt has been complety co-operative and understanding to work with and allow work schedule adjustments to all persaonal cituations. I will always be appreciative to their comentment to employee personal needs.
Productive place to work.
Production Miner (Current Employee), Painesville, OHNovember 27, 2012
I enjoyed working underground mining salt, and doing other jobs as assigned.

About Morton Salt

Life without salt would not only be bland but slippery; thankfully, Morton Salt produces the grains in bulk and in shaker. It's the – Read more