Morton Salt Employee Reviews

A good company to work for.
Baler Operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA18 February 2018
Good training. Good management. Excellent training program. Good safety program. Room for advancement. Company supplied free personal protective equipment (i.e. safety boots, hard hat, safety glasses.).
Some managers care, othets do not.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FL15 February 2018
I have never worked in a more unhealthy and unsafe environment. No ventilation and the inside of the warehouse was nothing but a haze of salt. There face masks wern't even th proper ones. No amount of water or fruit or sleep will prepare you for this job.
Cons
Very hazerdous working encironment with wrong safety equipment
Poor moral and unorganized
MAINTENANCE (Current Employee) –  Louisiana30 January 2018
I cannot speak for the company as a whole but the location im currently at is very poorly ran. moral is extremely low and there is no belief in positive reinforcement
Pros
close to home
Cons
hard workers are abused
Laid off
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fairport Harbor, OH4 January 2018
constantly gettin laid off!!!! if you could work steady it would be a great place to work. need to get rid of upper management and get some people in ther that know how to mine!
Dangerous
Miner/Laborer Manufactory and Production (Current Employee) –  Fairport Harbor, OH3 January 2018
Safety is always a concern. Going underground 2000 feet everyday there's always a possibility of a fatality. We've had may close calls in the recent years.
Cons
Bad health care
Enjoyed working at Morton good job, benefits and good co- workers
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA1 January 2018
Morton Salt was a VPP work place it took a while to accomplish
lots of hard work between the company and the union but it was well worth it to work at a safe place and to have input into the process.In maintenance we worked as a team to find and fix problems when they arose. The operators had input in this process which helped us in maintenance and management to improve the job safety and productivity. The newer and older personal learned from each other which helped all to improve our game.
Excellent for benefits but management lacks professional development
LOGISTICS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL12 December 2017
workplace culture seems cut-throat. Management is looking for making a name for themselves instead of developing their team. Hardest part of the job is watching someone make false promises regarding service and then not addressing root cause for failure.
Pros
work from home flexibility, location
Cons
poor management
Unsecure place to work for a temp.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 November 2017
They need to offer temps permanent jobs if they are doing well at the job. The temps are not appreciated for their dedication and effort. The nice thing about working there was the view. The building has a very beautiful view of downtown and the city.
About
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 November 2017
Morton Salt is an American way of life. Since 1848, we have been improving lives and enhancing every day moments – at home, at work and virtually everywhere in between. Still today, we are widely recognized for our iconic Morton Salt Girl who has remained the face of our brand for over a century. And our products remain staples in the hearts and homes of millions of Americans. That’s because we’re a company with vision, drive and a big heart.
Good salary - culture is trending the wrong way
rather not say (Current Employee) –  Grantsville, UT9 November 2017
Salary is very competitive. It used to have a great culture where the employer cared about the employees. It is now all about how much more production the plant can create while at the same time forcing people in on overtime consistently. We have always worked hard and had a very good working atmosphere where we were proud to come to work. Now it is just squeezing every bit of production we can get while eliminating jobs and the feeling of caring.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Employees and front line leaders not treated well by management
Best Job I ever had
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL30 October 2017
Morton is a company that values good work and thus, good workers. They pay accordingly. They offer lots of benefits that are not money driven---off on your birthday, company outings, etc. Too bad the plant closed it's Chicago warehouse.
Challenging, with Opportunities
Plant Reliability and Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Silver Springs, NY19 October 2017
Challenging environment, presenting many opportunities for improvements. Compensation and benefits are good.Most locations are rural. Salt is considered a commodity and is also weather dependent, thus business success varies.
Poor Middle Management
Tax Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL17 August 2017
The CEO had one vision but when it came to the Management below, they where not listing. They advance people "men" like a boys club, no upper Female management.
Pay is good...but that's about it
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KS14 August 2017
Employees can be an employers biggest asset, but not at Morton Salt. Supervisors think that it is ok to beat employees into the ground to where they no longer want to care if they do a good job or not.

The hours for most jobs are awful. A rotating 6 & 2 schedule where you only get a Saturday and Sunday off every 6 weeks. People can go a month or more and never get to see their kids depending on the schedule they are on.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management and work schedule
Was an important learning experience and had a good time in the process
Internship (Former Employee) –  Rittman, OH3 August 2017
Being an intern at Morton Salt gave me the opportunity to learn first hand about the environment in manufacturing. While here, I learned the importance of teamwork, responsibility, and efforts needed to succeed in the professional setting.
Productive and workplace.
Master Mechanic / Master Electrician (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA24 July 2017
Productive and fun workplace.I experienced a various roles in production/ construction. I'm be able to experienced to work with different kind of nationality which I learned a lot of things from them as well not only for work related but also for different kind cultures.
Great Safety Culture
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, CA12 July 2017
The Safety Culture was great, but upper management had different agendas, with personal gains at the forefront. Supervisors and hourly employees worked well together and as at team. .
Pros
Safety Culture, team atmosphere below upper management. was excellent
Cons
Healthcare
Fun workplace and safe place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJ6 July 2017
Friendly environment,always helping each other,good communication with the bosses and management,a very safe place to work,they always training us,alot of safety meeting,it was a vpp star company
Management has too stop with the Favoritism
Business (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL20 May 2017
Morton is a great place to get experience and if you can get along with management their is room for advancement. There is a lot of favoritism and clicks at Morton.
Pros
People are friendly and benefits are great
Cons
There are Directors and Managers that use their power to bring down employees.
Small Plant with little advancement chances
Plant Reliability Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KS14 May 2017
Culture is rough, they are trying to change. But with people that have been at the plant for 30+ years it is a rough road to travel. There is little progression for Engineering. In the past 5 years they have lost 7 Engineers. Which is impressive considering there are only 3 Engineer positions.