Morton Salt Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Experience
Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAFebruary 7, 2016
Great treatment of new employee. Safety is a huge part of the culture. great place to develop career. would work there again for sure
Management is a joke.
Mine Laborer (Former Employee), New Iberia, LADecember 22, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and all the hours you want.
Cons: No direction or proper training to be successful.
Everything is done backwards. Equipment is always down. Very hot underground. Managment team is inexperienced and are hipocrits. You WILL be set up for failure.
I was a great place to work.
Senior Plant Maintenance (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2015
I enjoyed my job at Morton Salt. In typical day I would do repairs on machines, meet with contractors and vendors. I would also set up jobs for the other maintenance personal.
Pays the bills but will run you into the ground
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Rittman, OHAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Safety incentive program
Cons: On call 24/7 no matter what.
Was treated like a 3rd class citizen in a union environment while hourly employees were rarely disciplined effectively. Complete disrespect for education. Management purposely scheduled maintenance outages over weekends and company/federal holidays and specialized in public humiliation tactics. Management either rescheduled or cancelled vacations at will. 60 hour work weeks were expected with no additional compensation. Raises and bonuses were nearly non existent. Raises were barely cost of living which in turn were negated by the increases in health care cost that were passed on to salary employees. Unhealthy environment.
Workplace full of great people and opportunities
Industrial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2015
Morton Salt is a great place to work. It is full of wonderful hardworking people who work as a team. Many employees have been there over 20 years so it feels more like a family sometimes.
Good job security
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee), Newark, CAAugust 2, 2015
Collect in process and finished samples and test salt products to ensure additives were within company specifications.
the people are friendly.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), New Iberia, LAJune 14, 2015
Get my orders to know what I have to do that day. How to run different style of equipment. Really don't have a plan before they put it into action. friendly people, extreme temp.,working with people you like.
Great place to work!
Underground Miner (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAJune 14, 2015
Great company to work for! The atmosphere is like non-other. Also the training program is very well organized. My personal experience as an employee there was good.
Horrible experience
Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Worst company culture ever experienced. SAP was introduced and this company could not handle it. Old fashioned management style
Mining
Hvy equip, construction, Journeyman electricia (Current Employee), Fairport Hbr, OHJanuary 24, 2015
A typical day is fast paced covering nearly 7 square miles of underground mine. I currently work on anything from 12 volt automotive systems to 13.2kva cable splicing.

Management at this facility is horrible and without focus. They cannot tackle one problem and move on instead they junp from one to another and accomplish nothing. The hourly workers there are great but feel stuck because of the poor management.
Challenging, Rewarding Career!
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Working in Industrial Sales at Morton Salt has been an extremely rewarding experience. The opportunity for exposure to such a diverse customer base has opened up numerous avenues of opportunity.
Sales
Sales Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FlJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: longevity
Cons: changes
Morton Salt, Inc., a Fortune 500 company, is based in Chicago, IL. Manufacturer of Food salts, water conditioning, and chemical grade.
no comment
Senior Revenue Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2015
no comment. I was given increased responsibilities throughout my career. Effective December 2014, 100% of the positions of my department were eliminated.
Very Fast Pace Environment
Order Management Representative (Current Employee), Oak Brook, ILDecember 4, 2014
A lot of work and not enough people. Great place to work. I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have great co-workers.
Morton
Bulk Deicing and Industrial Supply Planner (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2014
The company provides many opportunities for advancement.
Overworked, underpaid
QC Lab Technician (Former Employee), Rittman, OhioJuly 3, 2014
Poor management has driven out many salaried workers. You will be expected to be on call 24/7 without being paid to be on call. Schedule changes are frequent with short notice.
Working and living in paradise
Crane Rigger (Former Employee), Inagua BahamasJune 12, 2014
Pros: great fishing
Cons: eat too much fish
Interesting to see how salt is farmed, processed and shipped out onto ships by the new conveyor belt that was built by Miesner Marine.
A very fun place to work,
Deduction Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 30, 2014
Pros: company events
Cons: sometimes we had to work weekends.
It was great company , it was hard working but fun ,working in a team of ten made it interesting and we were helping each other out in order to make our goal
Work
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee), CHICAO ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: computer and sit down office job
Cons: straining on eyes
A normal day consists of me going over data, ensuring there are no errors, and organizing the data into Morton's SAP system.

The most difficult part of the job is looking at the data for long periods of time and playing around on excel can be frustrating when something is not entered correctly.

I enjoy entering data and I enjoy double checking my work assuring I have 100% accuracy with my work.
A great place to work.
Dock Foreman (Current Employee), Grantsville, UTMarch 20, 2014
Pros: great crew
Cons: working straight nights
I am responsible to set up my crew each night when I come into work, I assign operators to load trucks and rail cars with product for shipment to our customers. I have learned patience in this, sometimes we run out of product for shipments, we have to reprioritize shipments on a daily basis. Some of the upper management try to help me get the job done by setting up the production plan to include product I need more than other. I supervise a very safe and productive crew, encouraging each worker to submit near misses and to document incidents that they have. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the morale of the workers when certain occasions get taken away, or when we have to force a lot of overtime. The most enjoyable part is knowing I am shipping quality product to our customers.