Mortgage Advantage Inc., a leader in home financing/mortgage broker solutionshas an immediate need for a seasoned accountant to join our Finance team in our Halifax office. We are seeking a committed and responsible individual to oversee all of the accounting and financial reporting and analysis for Mortgage Centre Advantage as well asAtlantic Advantage Commission Advance Solutions.
The ideal candidate will have apost-secondary education at the college level with a concentration in accounting and a minimum of three years general bookkeeping experience at an intermediate level. As an organized, meticulous person you thrive in an autonomous environment while exhibiting excellent interpersonal and communication skills both internally and with our clients our Mortgage Specialistsand Royal LePage Atlantic’s Real Estate Agents. You thrive in a busy, positive environment and have the proven ability to meet tight deadlines.Commission sales experience would be an asset. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Completing the day to day accounting
- Commission administration
- Month end closing and preparation of all required reconciliations
- Monitoring of monthly operating results
- Financial Reporting and analysis
- Cash flow Management including management of accounts payable
- Annual budget preparation
- Preparation of annual financial statement package for the external accountants
Interested candidates can apply by forwarding by email, a cover letter, (including your salary expectation) and resume to Sheila Butler, Director of Finance, Atlantic Real Estate Services or Scott Bryant, President Mortgage Advantage Inc. Deadline for application is Tuesday, April 30, 2013. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.