General Job Description
In this role, you will be responsible for operating our 400T Manitowoc Crawler Crane to lift, move, position and place machinery, equipment, materials, and products throughout the terminal. You will also be responsible for performing pre-operational inspections, as well as performing routine maintenance on the Crane. You will also be asked to assist other mechanics with repairs on other heavy equipment and may be required to operate other equipment as required. In addition, the individual in this role will be required to work in various weather conditions and work extended hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile crane to load, unload, position materials, machinery and equipment.
- Operate Cranes mounted on vessels to lift, move and place equipment and materials.
- Move cranes to various work stations as directed.
- Judge overhead and side clearances, safe loads, speeds and accept responsibility for all lifts.
- Assist in changing crane cables.
- Check the conditions of mobile cranes & lifting equipment by using checklists or established procedures.
- Responsible for the addition of fuel, oil, water, air, etc. as required.
- Clean, lubricates and make minor repairs to crane/equipment.
- Observe all safety regulations and adhere to all safety procedures and guidelines.
- This position requires a Hoisting Engineer (Mobile Crane Operator Branch 1) Certificate of Qualification and a minimum of 3 years experience in an industrial environment.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions as this position is based primarily outdoors.
- This position will require you to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be comfortable working with varying heights.
- Must be able to judge distances well and have clear & effective communication skills.
- Manual dexterity
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract.
- Strong decision making & critical thinking skills.
Indeed - 5 months ago