Brief Posting Description
This position is responsible for providing overall leadership direction to multiple projects, or larger complex projects in the wind industry. Manages project safety and enhances customer relationships through providing excellent service. This position will mentor and provide leadership to the project team.
Will be responsible for mentoring others, time management, and developing client relationships
Will be responsible for managing and developing construction teams on one or more projects
Strong teamwork orientation
Provide proactive and intentional leadership in developing the safety culture on the project site
Will resolve cross-cultural conflict in a culturally appropriate way
Demonstrated resource for valuing and promoting diversity
Leader in planning and facilitating the project kickoff meeting
Implement and/or establish project objectives and procedures
Will build strong cross-cultural relationships and influence others internally and externally at all levels of the organization
Supervisor responsibilities for the Superintendent, Assistant Project Manager, Field Engineer(s), and Project Engineer(s), and potentially Project Manager(s).
Drives Business Results
Proven track record of safe, timely completion of previous projects in commercial, industrial, or civil construction
Responsible for adherence to the detailed project schedule
Responsible to deliver a profitable project in accordance to financial standards
Responsible for onsite administration of subcontracts
Collaborate with construction team on preconstruction tasks and project schedule
Position has direct profit & loss responsibilities for assigned projects
Monitor construction and financial activities through administrative direction of on-site team
Analyze and resolve work problems
Ability to determine work method alternative
Develops leaders through active career sponsorship and providing the right responsibilities and work assignments to cultivate growth and development.
Supports and encourages team member career learning and development
Coaches and mentors the project teams
Actively seeks self development through seeking feedback, new knowledge and opportunities for personal growth and development
· Four year college degree in one of the following: Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering, or equivalent
· 10 years previous industrial construction experience required
· Demonstrated experience managing a project from project development to project closeout responsibilities for multiple, million dollar complex projects
· Superior relationship building skills with customers, subcontractors, and other business partners.
· Experience or connections in the Wind Construction Industry preferred
· Experience managing and leading teams
· Strong understanding of project financials. Ability to run reports and present to group leadership.
· Experience running projects with self performing contracts
· Superior safety record required. Knowledge of safety requirements across provinces preferred.
· Must be able to handle exposure to dirt, heat, dust, noise, and office environment
· Must be able to walk, stand, lift, climb, sit, push, and pull
· Computer skills in Microsoft Office and Project Management Software
· Valid Driver's License
Must be a Canadian citizen