Morrison Homes

Morrison Homes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Site Supervisor / Assistant Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 19, 2013
Great people to work with
Always able to help with anything you needed personal or work related.
Great company functions through out the year.
Morrison Homes (now known as Taylor-Morrison) known for its affordable but well-built homes.
Executive Assistant/Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CA and Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: working in a beautiful historic building with lush grounds, being able to work in different areas of the company (benefits, legal, accounting, executive, and leasing).
Cons: executive levels from the u.k. were often pretentious and difficult, had to serve tea every afternoon at specific time, had to carry bags for out-of-town u.k. guests, had to chauffeur where executives sat in the backseat.
When I began my journey with Morrison, the company was owned by a U.K. based organization called George Wimpey. The U.S. headquarters was based in San Diego, California. The office only employed 45 people but built homes nationally. Survival skills included the ability to multi-task and work as a team.

I was hired as administrative assistant to the – more... accounting department, but promoted to assistant for the CFO within six months. Within one year, I expanded my duties and volunteered to assume additional responsibilities by assisting the in-house corporate attorney. Two years later, I was promoted to executive assistant for the CEO, while continuing to work for the corporate attorney. This is where I gained my interest in paralegal work and went back to school to obtain my certificate.

Due to the size of the work group, co-workers became like family and it was a wonderful place to work.

However, the culture of working for a British company was interesting. Management was seen as class-conscious and rarely socialized with lower ranking employees. I found this a bit disheartening. With that said, the hardest part of the job was determining which executive's work should take priority since many demanded very personalized attention.

The most enjoyable part of my job was decorating the San Diego and Atlanta office spaces. In San Diego, the company resided in a historical home at the north end of Balboa Park. My job was to furnish the space to accommodate its unique style and grace.
In Atlanta, it offices were more generic but still a fun experience. In fact, management entrusted me to utilize my talents and faux paint one of the conference rooms.

Another positive was my introduction to human resources. Once I had moved to Atlanta, the company was expanding its HR department. Of course, I volunteered to get into this area and loved working with people in other regions. – less
Enjoyed building homes
Warranty and Constuction Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TexasAugust 11, 2013
Enjoyed working at the company and working for the management.
Great employee acknowledgement, healthy challenging job, interesting work, fulfilling
Purchasing/Customer Service Admin Level III (Former Employee), Temple Terrace, FLAugust 1, 2013
Pros: lots of room for growth, job fulfillment
Cons: market crash
Job consisted of providing a end product of a finished and sold new construction home. I was the point of contact for customers, and go between for builders, vendors, sales staff, and management. Truly professional staff and coworkers, teamwork was the driving force of this company. The jobs were complicated and required an attention to detail, and – more... excellent customer service skills. Providing a customer with a great experience in their purchase and having a client who is completely satisfied with their finished home. – less
Supportive Management
Builder (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2012
Pros: supportive management
Cons: poor healthcare
Fast paced just the way I like it. Management was very helpful and supportive. The only issue was the bonus program "the carrot was to far out to be an incentive".
Fantastic company to work for
Corporate Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2012
Truly enjoyed my time with Morrison Homes. They culture is fantastic.

About Morrison Homes

Morrison Homes is a new home builder dedicated to ending your search on new homes for sale and real estate in Jacksonville. Find – Read more