- Minimum 4 years as a pastry chef
- Chocolate knowledge and experience is a definite asset
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the standards in place
- Recruiting, Training, evaluating, disciplining and terminating staff
- Managing the pastry and the chocolate lab team by enforcing company rules, procedures, and policies.
- Schedule staff according to business needs and closely monitoring the labor budget.
- Order supplies and maintain adequate stock levels to ensure efficient operation and cost efficiency
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards by preparing all paper work including service maintenance log book, submitting inventory in a timely manner.
- Work with GM and CEO to plan and price menus. Establish portion sizes and submit hard copies for all new recipes.
- Ensuring all product ordering from the suppliers is following company standards
- Controlling food costs and usage with inventory control.
- Maintaining storage areas keeping clean and organized.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules
- Maintain proper food handling and refrigerator temperature controls according to health and safety standards
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
Indeed - 15 months ago