Morneau Shepell Employee Reviews

Good team atmosphere
Sr. Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMay 18, 2015
The work is detailed and requires keeping current with changes to Benefit rules, legislation and laws. Project work can be demanding but allows for stretching and expanding one's skills and organizing the managing time efficiently. It also allows for collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
Pros
great team
Cons
extremely long hours
Micromanagement
LEAD BILINGUAL RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
Huge workload with many micro management components
Toxic secrecy culture
Compensation is below part with the company
Flexibility in schedule is hard to get.
Callous and deceitful
Disability Management (Former Employee) –  MississaugaDecember 6, 2014
I worked for FGI before it merged with shepell.
When it bought out our original company CHC dramatic changes occurred many of them nonsensical. People who had been long time employees were callously terminated. They liked playing the good cop / bad cop game whereby one would be "coaching" and the other terminating without any warning.
Expectations are unrealistic. If you have any compassion or empathy for your clients you are expected to put that aside. If not, you will be forced to quit or be fired. Beware kind folks!
Pros
some flexibility on time
Cons
ruthless management.
Retirement Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 19, 2014
My job description was nothing close to the role. There is no support for employees. Compensation is lacking and is all over the place from employee to employee. Alan Torrie and Bill Morneau are not competent leaders and the employee engagement reflects this. There's been too much growth through acquisition. I'm surprised they have so much HR consulting for other companies when they lack the policies and processes in house. Every department is short staffed and it appears to be a company strategy to save money. Great for shareholders, bad for employee morale. Senior management thinks it's great that Morneau Shepell employees are huge users of the EFAP. So sad.
Pros
my co-workers were nice. free coffee!
Cons
long hours, low pay, management lacks competence.
Productive and fun workplace
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Excellent colleagues to work with. Team atmosphere where everybody is willing to go the extra mile.
Average company
Financial Analyst - Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2014
*Average Company
*Low compensation with very little increase
*Management do not treat you like an adult
*The tasks did not match the original job description. I found myself doing call center and being hooked to the phone all day long.
*Do not recommend this company
Productive and fun workplace, with fusball as a great team sport!
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Good work culture. Colleagues especially peers are better and nice.
Pros
great folks especially in peer groups, friendly, and fun place
Cons
stagnation on roles for years, pick-and-choose style office politics
Fast working environment
Accounts Receivable and Cash Applications (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
First couple of days was a little tough with a lot of information however I learned a lot from this place with 6 months contract.
Resolving issues
Associate Client Manager (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 5, 2014
Every day has different challenges and my team and I will work to resolve them. The issue has to be identified first and then I establish the plan and the tasks to complete to resolve it. We will look into all the resources and validation. I will make sure that the issue is resolved and will not affect our client again.
Pros
Flexibility to work from home
Cons
Long hours of work
Amazing place to help employees in need of support
Employee Assistance Clinical Care /Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKApril 28, 2014
 Initially respond to crisis calls and ensure a Client Care Counselor assists client until resolution.
 Connect clients with services and referrals within their area that provides support for immediate needs.
 Manage Call Center coverage and scheduling
 Collect and analyze client eligibility based on employment contract with company.
 Detailed record keeping
 Provide information on Shepell•fgi programs and services
 Manage client/Provider escalations and resolutions
Pros
assisting people in crisis providing them with support
Cons
managment
Excellent Working Atmosphere
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Excellent work atmosphere
Life/ Work Balance is easy to maintain.
Management provides support and gives you time to adapt and learn.
Professional environment, great learning experience
Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 23, 2014
I worked at Morneau Shepell for a 4 month co-op placement. It was a full time job where I learned a lot of computer skills including Microsoft Office and how to work well in a professional office environment. My co-workers varied in age, back-ground, and roles in the office, so I learned to appreciate everything that each individual contributed. I really enjoyed working in Microsoft office designing spreadsheets and drafting reports.
Learning experience at Morneau Shepell
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 21, 2014
While working for Morneau Shepell, team spirit was encouraged by all. The work environment was amicable and supportive. The challenges were reducing the volume of high case loads and dealing with difficult clients. During this experience, i learned how to seriously prioritize in order to handle the high volume of case loads.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Good company to work for if you aren't afraid of hard work
Proposal Writer (Current Employee) –  Don Mills, ONMarch 18, 2014
Overall I must say that I do enjoy working for Morneau Shepell. The main reason I have decided to look for other opportunities is the lack of advancement opportunities in my department.
Pros
Good, progressive organization
Cons
Workload is insane and hours are long
Intersting
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
• Managed and implement strategic relationships with key contacts from C- level prospects and third party advisors, aligning value driven goals, corporate objectives and client vision to lead prosperous partnerships.
• Championed a series of new business opportunities from conception to fruition
Client: A benevolent fund
During preliminary conversations, the client presented a concept/vision of emergency support for their members
N/a
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
A good place to start a career. Lots of interesting and exciting people to meet.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lack of upward mobility
Daily Tasks
Corporate Communications Coordinator, (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Tasks on a typical day writing and editing press releases, HTML coding and event management
reliable and friendly organization
Facilitator /Trainer/Keynote Speaker/Coach (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Great system for offering requests to facilitators. My contacts were polite, friendly and understanding.

The hardest part of the work was the part time nature of it and the most enjoyable aspect of the work was also the part time nature of it!
Great Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2013
Good company to work for. I would encourage you to work for this company especially for the HM and EAP department.
Great experience working in different departments and functions.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2013
Colleagues are always helpful.
An encouraging atmosphere.
Great opportunities to work in different departments.

2.9