Morneau Shepell Employee Reviews in Canada

Average company
Financial Analyst - Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2014
*Average Company
*Low compensation with very little increase
*Management do not treat you like an adult
*The tasks did not match the original job description. I found myself doing call center and being hooked to the phone all day long.
*Do not recommend this company
Worst Company
CCR (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 25, 2013
I am not sure who are writing tthese reviews on this site, but they are telling you ALL LIES. Yes the salary is OKAY and the Benfits are great but the company as a "WHOLE" is lacking.

Take it from me who has been with the company for many years, and has seen the ins and outs of what goes on, it is worst than being in a concentration camp. They could care less that they pile on more work and more work, and DON'T want to PAY you for the hard work that you do. The company has the HIGHEST employee's on Short Term Disablility. That should give you a hint that the work is hard, stressful, and depressing and you will not be compensated for your HARD WORK.

For an EAP company that promotes HEALTH AND WELLNESS to their clients surely doesn't practice what they preach when it comes to their OWN EMPLOYEES. Apparently it is the way of WORLD to treat your employee's like they do not matter, don't know what world they are living in but it isn't the world that I live in.

The RAISE LOL LOL is laughable, they shouldn't even bother give raises to their employee's it is like spitting in your face and saying "who cares if you work hard here is ten cents for your hard work"

MANAGEMENT is another story in itself, it is like high school, management is on a power trip. They gossip and talk bad about their employees to other co works and other management it is sick.

JOB SECURITY I don't think so, they will drop you in a heart beat, this place has the HIGHEST TURN OVER RATE than any other call centre I have worked in and trust me it is HIGH. As soon as a new person comes in they are GONE.

My only
  more... advice too you, is too think twice before joining this company, yes the salary is good, but ask yourself one question is it worth selling your soul to the devil. That is how I look at this company as the devil.

I wasn't fired I QUIT but I could no longer stand for what this company is about.

IT IS ALL A LIE.
Pros
good coworkers that is it.
Cons
the list is endless read above

Comment – April 17, 2013

Everything you have said is spot on!! Your comment is valid for their other offices as well.

Morneau Shepell Ltd review summary
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 8, 2013
A typical day at work consist on average 2 teleconferencing meeting, bunch of emails needs to answer and you try to handle several projects at the same time.
What I learned is don't believe what recruiters tell you about company. Contact people, who actually did work there.
Management wants results and don't want to be involved in your problems.
Most co-workers are very nice people.
The hardest part of the job is to find information you need to do your job, as there is not much time allocated to provide documentation.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you achieve some result, despite all roadblocks. But this doesn't last long.
Pros
work from home
Cons
everyone for himself
It was a good place to work, learned a lot from my previous Managers and colleagues. I was a good team player.
Senior Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 15, 2012
It was a very busy working environment.
I learned how to administer Pension Benefits, balancing the JE
I was doing the role of team leader in the absence of the Payroll Manager.
It was a great team. we all pulled together in order to meet the payroll deadline.
Year End is usually the hardest part of the job because I had to coordinate regular payroll with YE adjustment and reconciliations.
Dealing each day with the clients, employees or Partners. Be able to assist and resolve any payroll inquires.
Pros
great values, treat other as you wanted to be treated
Cons
long hrs.
Good entry level job
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2012
Good starting point for a recent grad in the social services field. Teaches you a lot about client intake and case management.
Pros
generous social committee-lunches, events, etc + benefits from day 1 of employment.
Cons
high stress, sales/targets
Productive and fun workplace, with fusball as a great team sport!
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Good work culture. Colleagues especially peers are better and nice.
Pros
great folks especially in peer groups, friendly, and fun place
Cons
stagnation on roles for years, pick-and-choose style office politics
Excellent Working Atmosphere
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Excellent work atmosphere
Life/ Work Balance is easy to maintain.
Management provides support and gives you time to adapt and learn.
Amazing place to help employees in need of support
Employee Assistance Clinical Care /Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKApril 28, 2014
 Initially respond to crisis calls and ensure a Client Care Counselor assists client until resolution.
 Connect clients with services and referrals within their area that provides support for immediate needs.
 Manage Call Center coverage and scheduling
 Collect and analyze client eligibility based on employment contract with company.
 Detailed record keeping
 Provide information on Shepell•fgi programs and services
 Manage client/Provider escalations and resolutions
Pros
assisting people in crisis providing them with support
Cons
managment
Learning Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Inbound and Outbound calls to employees regarding their benefits, pension and group RSP accounts.

Assist them with online navigation to review their benefits and account and also work very closely with other departments.
Excellent Compay
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Morneau Shepell/Shepell fgi is an excellent company to work for. The people and culture were the best.
Professional and dynamic environment
EAP Regional Counsellor: (Current Employee) –  Yellowknife, NTApril 22, 2013
The expectation of the company is to see 6-7 clients daily. A typical day is reviewing daily/weekly schedule, make adjustments and changes as necessary. Check for messages both phone and email to see if their are any cancellations or new clients. Follow up on clients who have not rebooked, have not showed up for appointments or need to have their file closed. I have become quite proficient in the solution focused approach to counselling. I have learned how to wrap up sessions more effectively and how to listen more attentively. I work autonomously in my office but have once a month check in with peers. Monthly staff meeting via telephone.
The most difficult aspect of the work is the push to see so many clients per day. The most enjoyable is to see the clients achieve their goal and experience success with the counselling.
Pros
a free trip to head office a year to meet with all the counsellors in our region
Cons
having to see so many clients per day and having to work two long evenings a week.
Productive and fun
Fulfillment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2013
Great environment and management there is a lot of opportunities to explore in various departments.
N/a
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
A good place to start a career. Lots of interesting and exciting people to meet.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lack of upward mobility
Met some friends
Defined Contribution Pension Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Did daily trades in the morning
Co-workers weren't the best of people, there was so much gossiping about other people. Not the environment I liked
Hardest part was when you have several people at once demanding things from you. Tellin you that it's top priority and that theirs was more important than the others.
The most enjoyable part was I met a lot of friends that I will cherish for the rest of my life.
Pros
jean days on friday's
Cons
people talking behind peoples backs and pretending to be their friends
Professional environment, great learning experience
Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 23, 2014
I worked at Morneau Shepell for a 4 month co-op placement. It was a full time job where I learned a lot of computer skills including Microsoft Office and how to work well in a professional office environment. My co-workers varied in age, back-ground, and roles in the office, so I learned to appreciate everything that each individual contributed. I really enjoyed working in Microsoft office designing spreadsheets and drafting reports.
Daily Tasks
Corporate Communications Coordinator, (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Tasks on a typical day writing and editing press releases, HTML coding and event management
Good company
External Consultant (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2012
Worked (volunteer) only for 2 months. Management was very supportive
Pros
guidance
Intersting
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
• Managed and implement strategic relationships with key contacts from C- level prospects and third party advisors, aligning value driven goals, corporate objectives and client vision to lead prosperous partnerships.
• Championed a series of new business opportunities from conception to fruition
Client: A benevolent fund
During preliminary conversations, the client presented a concept/vision of emergency support for their members
Productive and fun workplace
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Excellent colleagues to work with. Team atmosphere where everybody is willing to go the extra mile.
reliable and friendly organization
Facilitator /Trainer/Keynote Speaker/Coach (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Great system for offering requests to facilitators. My contacts were polite, friendly and understanding.

The hardest part of the work was the part time nature of it and the most enjoyable aspect of the work was also the part time nature of it!