Morneau Shepell Employee Reviews

Good place to work at - if you feed off a fast paced envrironment
IT PMO Director/Sr. Program Manager - IT (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON24 April 2017
Company has been very good to me. Been here for about 6 years. If you put in the work effort, you will get rewarded. Not necessarily with money, but more so recognition.
If you are a more laid back individual - then this place isn't right for you. It is a very fast paced environment, with almost immediate opportunities for personal satisfaction from achievements.
There is an opportunity for the Sr Leadership teams to be more supportive, but overall its a good company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Bilingual Client Care Representative (EFAP) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2017
The culture of this company is great and everyone I work with isvery kind and helpful. The only issue I have is that, being a call center environment, it is a bit difficult to get noticed even after a year of being a great rep.
productive, enriching and fun
Marketing Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
MS is a great place to work. Friendly and helpful staff and concerned management.

People are willing to help you get settled in and help clarify grey areas you may be having
Pros
flexible work hours
Halifax Location is racist
Pension Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 February 2017
Very poor managment. They don't even know the job themselves and treat employees with favor-ism. dont bring up issues to managment because they back stab you. If you hang out with them they might end up liking you.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Weak Training process basicaly you are on your own. Good Luck!
Amazing company
case manager (Current Employee) –  mississauga1 February 2017
I enjoy my job, team and my company

One of the best companies

I am very lucky to have great colleagues and managers

The job is very rewarding and we work together as a team
Pros
work from home
Cons
Work like a dog, underpaid
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto1 February 2017
I have worked at Morneau for over 4 year, I did not go voluntarily it was part of the Mercer buyout. The environment is very toxic, management does not care unless there is money involved. I work like a dog, for little pay and they don't listen when you tell them there is a problem. They are understaffed, so that mean extra work and they don't expect delay in deliverables even though you are working extra.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Long hours, low pay, awful management
Friendly work culture.
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
It was a good working space with friendly staff and very friendly management. A typical day would involve us having a scrum meeting in the morning to delegate tasks and then we would get to work
Pros
no micro-management
Cons
poor management
Billings (Benefits) Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2016
It was a good experience supporting billing, invoicing , reporting and supporting all operations involved. Also taking actions with collections; in coordination with consultants; following established procedures.
Pros
Sharing the job
Cons
When stuffing machines break down.
it could be worst
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
nothing to say about the company. need to learn how to keep valuable employees. typical day at work 9 to 5. the most enjoyable is the employees. Management giving out a lot of work.
The company needs to practice what it preaches ! Horrible place.
A little of everything (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
I have been with Morneau Shepell for three years .There is a severe disconnect throughout the organization from the the top right to the bottom. Your forced to do several jobs at once with no compensation or even a "thank you, good job," I'm on my second stress leave in three years because this company doesn't care about there employees they keep pushing you and pushing you until you either break or quit.
Pros
Got nothing
Cons
Stressful working conditions, to many non qualified mangers barking out orders and you have no say. Poor salary.
Super unorganizes
It (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Management never knows what you're doing... people are on Facebook the whole day. As long as you do your work no one cares
Reactive Organisation
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2016
There was not a lot of consistency or areas for growth in the department I worked for. The coworkers were great however it is clear most people were disengaged as leadership rarely solicited feedback or involved employees in decision making.
racist
Pension Analyst, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
The workload was massive for the student and both my friends and I feel racist during our working.

But it is a good place to enhance your problem-solving and time management skills since working for three teams requires you to have a strong sense of time and managers always assign special projects to you with minimum supervision.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
need to work for extra time and racist
Poor working environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2016
training consists of three days of company knowledge, with very little on how to actually do your daily tasks. Office environment is very cliquey and hostile, and extremely competitive across the company. Does not foster a team environment in anyway.
Pros
The program itself is amazing and helps people
Cons
Management, no team environment, extremely competitive
a corporate atmosphere
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2016
There was personable management with focused work. A high volume environment with always lots to be done. Nice coworkers and interesting incentives. Fast paced.
Worst place ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2016
Poor management-intimidating employees
Went to another company and met a ex coworker we had the same experience: Being harassed by uneducated supervisors mostly portuguese and the upper management is ok with that. If they dont like your life will be miserable..

Just by changing employer we were able to get 10k extra and plus better benefits...Don't expect to grow in that company and dont waste your time.
Pros
Cons
See comments
Great place for hard workers
Corporate Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
Nice, friendly company culture. hugely growing company. busy environment. a lot to learn. several company events is summer and winter.
I would recommend this company to anyone.
Every man is an island
Admin (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2016
They expect you to work to the bone as they are ALWAYS understaffed. The workload, while tedious, is extensive, they're always playing catch up.

Managers are very unhelpful, unsympathetic and don't seem to care whether you're content or not. No job progression available, no skills to gain that you don't already bring to the table.
Pros
1 Hour Lunchtime
Cons
Everything else
Poor IT department
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  60 Columbia Way15 September 2016
Very poor IT department. Team leads are terrible to deal with, condescending, 'I know more than you' attitude. Senior developers get angry when you ask them anything. Meetings, meetings and just more meetings, meetings are scheduled at will for the most mundane things without regard to one's schedule and work load. You are actually supposed to 'ask around' for clarification when when you do you will be blamed 'you ask too much'. IT head has a poor and humiliating way to communicate with people under him. For some odd reason the IT head is thinks he is running Google, he is oblivious to the needs of his developers. The product itself is poorly written, maintained and there is no way to run it in the development environment. Most of the time I was just guessing on what needs to be done. The QA department thinks they have done a great thing by developing archaic testing framework, nobody told them about Selenium. My strong advice is to stay far far away from this company as possible. They will waste your time and ruin your career.
Pros
Cons
Everything including the silly company name. Change it!!
Friendly Atmosphere
Senior Pension Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
Morneau Shepell was an excellent environment where I learned and grew in the financial industry. The staffs vwere very nice and helping. Enjoyed learning their internal software such as Ariel View. From having barely any experience in the pension industry to becoming a senior analyst will definitely be one of my lifelong learned experience and knowledge that I will cherish and continue to thrive on. I will always be grateful for everything I learned there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morneau Shepell. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9