Morneau Shepell

Morneau Shepell Employee Reviews

Boring work, low salary, great team
Adjoint Actuariel (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 1, 2016
As a junior actuarial analyst most of my tasks were paper work, no maths involved. I learnt about the pension laws in Quebec... My co workers were all very nice, many team bonding events are paid by the employer.

The working hours were reasonable, a bit of overtime close to key dates.
Pros
nice work place, free coffee
Cons
low salary, boring job
Clinical
clinical (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
BWhat is happening is that the company became robotic. The last people they care about is the client. But make the counsellor do the work which is not valued. Counsellors are paid very little and most burn out. Quality is a joke as long as you achieve the volume expected. Watch for the coworkers they will stab you.
Pros
Get experience
Cons
Burn out
Good Job
Disability Management Consultant for Scotia Bank (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
Unable to complete the required work within a working day. At the present moment, working as a case manager is not the best employment opportunity at Morneau Shepell
very supportive work environment
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 30, 2015
I felt supported in all aspects of my position. I was able to discuss - border line - claims with supervisor. I was able to gain access to my supervisor at all times
Pros
after work events
Worked alongside great colleagues
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Looked forward to going to work on a daily basis as colleagues were friendly. Learned a lot about the products and services offered by the company and they always encouraged engagement.
Good team atmosphere
Sr. Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMay 18, 2015
The work is detailed and requires keeping current with changes to Benefit rules, legislation and laws. Project work can be demanding but allows for stretching and expanding one's skills and organizing the managing time efficiently. It also allows for collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
Pros
great team
Cons
extremely long hours
Callous and deceitful
Disability Management (Former Employee) –  MississaugaDecember 6, 2014
I worked for FGI before it merged with shepell.
When it bought out our original company CHC dramatic changes occurred many of them nonsensical. People who had been long time employees were callously terminated. They liked playing the good cop / bad cop game whereby one would be "coaching" and the other terminating without any warning.
Expectations are unrealistic. If you have any compassion or empathy for your clients you are expected to put that aside. If not, you will be forced to quit or be fired. Beware kind folks!
Pros
some flexibility on time
Cons
ruthless management.
Retirement Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 19, 2014
My job description was nothing close to the role. There is no support for employees. Compensation is lacking and is all over the place from employee to employee. Alan Torrie and Bill Morneau are not competent leaders and the employee engagement reflects this. There's been too much growth through acquisition. I'm surprised they have so much HR consulting for other companies when they lack the policies and processes in house. Every department is short staffed and it appears to be a company strategy to save money. Great for shareholders, bad for employee morale. Senior management thinks it's great that Morneau Shepell employees are huge users of the EFAP. So sad.
Pros
my co-workers were nice. free coffee!
Cons
long hours, low pay, management lacks competence.
Productive and fun workplace
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Excellent colleagues to work with. Team atmosphere where everybody is willing to go the extra mile.
Average company
Financial Analyst - Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2014
*Average Company
*Low compensation with very little increase
*Management do not treat you like an adult
*The tasks did not match the original job description. I found myself doing call center and being hooked to the phone all day long.
*Do not recommend this company
Productive and fun workplace, with fusball as a great team sport!
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Good work culture. Colleagues especially peers are better and nice.
Pros
great folks especially in peer groups, friendly, and fun place
Cons
stagnation on roles for years, pick-and-choose style office politics
Fast working environment
Accounts Receivable and Cash Applications (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
First couple of days was a little tough with a lot of information however I learned a lot from this place with 6 months contract.
Amazing place to help employees in need of support
Employee Assistance Clinical Care /Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKApril 28, 2014
 Initially respond to crisis calls and ensure a Client Care Counselor assists client until resolution.
 Connect clients with services and referrals within their area that provides support for immediate needs.
 Manage Call Center coverage and scheduling
 Collect and analyze client eligibility based on employment contract with company.
 Detailed record keeping
 Provide information on Shepell•fgi programs and services
 Manage client/Provider escalations and resolutions
Pros
assisting people in crisis providing them with support
Cons
managment
Excellent Working Atmosphere
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Excellent work atmosphere
Life/ Work Balance is easy to maintain.
Management provides support and gives you time to adapt and learn.
Professional environment, great learning experience
Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 23, 2014
I worked at Morneau Shepell for a 4 month co-op placement. It was a full time job where I learned a lot of computer skills including Microsoft Office and how to work well in a professional office environment. My co-workers varied in age, back-ground, and roles in the office, so I learned to appreciate everything that each individual contributed. I really enjoyed working in Microsoft office designing spreadsheets and drafting reports.
N/a
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
A good place to start a career. Lots of interesting and exciting people to meet.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
lack of upward mobility
Daily Tasks
Corporate Communications Coordinator, (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Tasks on a typical day writing and editing press releases, HTML coding and event management
reliable and friendly organization
Facilitator /Trainer/Keynote Speaker/Coach (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Great system for offering requests to facilitators. My contacts were polite, friendly and understanding.

The hardest part of the work was the part time nature of it and the most enjoyable aspect of the work was also the part time nature of it!
Met some friends
Defined Contribution Pension Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Did daily trades in the morning
Co-workers weren't the best of people, there was so much gossiping about other people. Not the environment I liked
Hardest part was when you have several people at once demanding things from you. Tellin you that it's top priority and that theirs was more important than the others.
The most enjoyable part was I met a lot of friends that I will cherish for the rest of my life.
Pros
jean days on friday's
Cons
people talking behind peoples backs and pretending to be their friends
Excellent Compay
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Morneau Shepell/Shepell fgi is an excellent company to work for. The people and culture were the best.

2.9