Morneau Shepell Employee Reviews

The company needs to practice what it preaches ! Horrible place.
A little of everything (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
I have been with Morneau Shepell for three years .There is a severe disconnect throughout the organization from the the top right to the bottom. Your forced to do several jobs at once with no compensation or even a "thank you, good job," I'm on my second stress leave in three years because this company doesn't care about there employees they keep pushing you and pushing you until you either break or quit.
Pros
Got nothing
Cons
Stressful working conditions, to many non qualified mangers barking out orders and you have no say. Poor salary.
Super unorganizes
It (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Management never knows what you're doing... people are on Facebook the whole day. As long as you do your work no one cares
Reactive Organisation
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2016
There was not a lot of consistency or areas for growth in the department I worked for. The coworkers were great however it is clear most people were disengaged as leadership rarely solicited feedback or involved employees in decision making.
racist
Pension Analyst, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
The workload was massive for the student and both my friends and I feel racist during our working.

But it is a good place to enhance your problem-solving and time management skills since working for three teams requires you to have a strong sense of time and managers always assign special projects to you with minimum supervision.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
need to work for extra time and racist
Poor working environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2016
training consists of three days of company knowledge, with very little on how to actually do your daily tasks. Office environment is very cliquey and hostile, and extremely competitive across the company. Does not foster a team environment in anyway.
Pros
The program itself is amazing and helps people
Cons
Management, no team environment, extremely competitive
a corporate atmosphere
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2016
There was personable management with focused work. A high volume environment with always lots to be done. Nice coworkers and interesting incentives. Fast paced.
Worst place ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 November 2016
Poor management-intimidating employees
Went to another company and met a ex coworker we had the same experience: Being harassed by uneducated supervisors mostly portuguese and the upper management is ok with that. If they dont like your life will be miserable..

Just by changing employer we were able to get 10k extra and plus better benefits...Don't expect to grow in that company and dont waste your time.
Pros
Cons
See comments
Great place for hard workers
Corporate Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
Nice, friendly company culture. hugely growing company. busy environment. a lot to learn. several company events is summer and winter.
I would recommend this company to anyone.
Every man is an island
Admin (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2016
They expect you to work to the bone as they are ALWAYS understaffed. The workload, while tedious, is extensive, they're always playing catch up.

Managers are very unhelpful, unsympathetic and don't seem to care whether you're content or not. No job progression available, no skills to gain that you don't already bring to the table.
Pros
1 Hour Lunchtime
Cons
Everything else
Poor IT department
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  60 Columbia Way15 September 2016
Very poor IT department. Team leads are terrible to deal with, condescending, 'I know more than you' attitude. Senior developers get angry when you ask them anything. Meetings, meetings and just more meetings, meetings are scheduled at will for the most mundane things without regard to one's schedule and work load. You are actually supposed to 'ask around' for clarification when when you do you will be blamed 'you ask too much'. IT head has a poor and humiliating way to communicate with people under him. For some odd reason the IT head is thinks he is running Google, he is oblivious to the needs of his developers. The product itself is poorly written, maintained and there is no way to run it in the development environment. Most of the time I was just guessing on what needs to be done. The QA department thinks they have done a great thing by developing archaic testing framework, nobody told them about Selenium. My strong advice is to stay far far away from this company as possible. They will waste your time and ruin your career.
Pros
Cons
Everything including the silly company name. Change it!!
Friendly Atmosphere
Senior Pension Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2016
Morneau Shepell was an excellent environment where I learned and grew in the financial industry. The staffs vwere very nice and helping. Enjoyed learning their internal software such as Ariel View. From having barely any experience in the pension industry to becoming a senior analyst will definitely be one of my lifelong learned experience and knowledge that I will cherish and continue to thrive on. I will always be grateful for everything I learned there.
Career Advancement
Client Manager - Operations Health & Welfare (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2016
Morneau Shepell is great Canadian company to work; great culture. However the gaps at Morneau Shepell is the opportunities. I find that there is no room for growth.
Productive and fun workplace, team oriented
CLIENT SERVICES/SUPPORT CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 July 2016
I would start my day with checking e-mails, Categorizing them and resolving urgent issues. Leaving the rest for the end of day. Prioritize, Analyzed and Audited Long Term Disability request to ensure process meets deadline. My co-workers was very cooperative. I would address a situation where a feature of the process of a task could be eliminated. My supervisor was very proactive in the sense that she would quickly come up with a solution that save time and increase productivity.

The hardest part of the job was the repetition of Auditing.

The most enjoyable part of the job, was sending out accurate and professional documents and meeting the deadline which gived me a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Free Lunches, Gift Cards, Free Events-e.g.Golfing
Cons
Support when staff is sick or on Vacation
Good learner
Informatica ETL Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2016
They provide different IT solutions and services working here will help me to gain knowledge and to built my career.The work environment of the company is very good. People feel proud to be part of the company.
Engaged leaders and passionate teams
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2016
- Structured management
- Room for advancement
- Fun, interactive culture
- Corporate goals that aim toward greater good
Productive workplace
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 July 2016
Good company to work for. Salary is low for the type of work being performed in 2 languages. The call center is in the process of being reorganized but it is a slow process.
Don't practice what they preach
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Qc5 July 2016
Unethical practices regarding sales.
Highly micro managed environment.
Use of pressure and intimidation tactics.
Low wages.
Target young and eager employees and attempt to charm them with lots of flashy looking things, just as they do with their clients.
When you take a closer look, you realize they're just a great looking empty suit.
Pros
Sharks in business
Cons
Poor management practices
Those who can't do, teach.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2016
Shepell has to be one of the most toxic work environments I have ever worked in. They monitor your work to the second (I once had 8 seconds that were "unaccounted for" and I had to justify that to my supervisor). They claim to be there to help clients during difficult times but in the background you are pushed to get this distressed person off the phone as quickly as possible while sending them as many useless packages as possible so Shepell can over bill the company for the services you are providing. The caring environment that they promote is a front for this empty shell of a profit driven company
Nice and helpfull co-workers
Client Manager/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
Looking for a better opportunity. Better compensation. More organized company. Looking for better promotion opportunities.
Pros
NICE COWORKERS
Cons
SYSTEM DOWNS
could be better
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
Upper management needs to be improved, they do not listen to their staff's opinion for improvements. Work life balance is great and the company is very understanding and flexible. The benefits are good, but the compensations and advancement opportunities are limited
Pros
Great benefits, ability to work from home
Cons
under paid and little room to advance

2.9