Morneau Shepell Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
great career starting point
Pension Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2016
Amazing place to get started learning about the industry, however work/life balance isn't the greatest. Upper management is all about the bottom line, trying to make teams get by with fewer resources for as long as possible.
Manager, Quality Assurance, (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 17, 2016
Great place to work. Great people to work with and for.
Excellent work life balance and supportive management. Would have stayed with the company indefinitely if not for relocation desire
Low wage, questionnable management
Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 24, 2016
the salary is lower than everywhere else, the company doesn't care about its employees development. you need to be buddy with your boss to get a promotion because the annual evaluation is a joke. the annual pay raise is extremely low as they try to convince you that it is because the company had a bad financial year. lack of leadership by the management.

don't waste your time there!
Boring work, low salary, great team
Adjoint Actuariel (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 1, 2016
Pros: nice work place, free coffee
Cons: low salary, boring job
As a junior actuarial analyst most of my tasks were paper work, no maths involved. I learnt about the pension laws in Quebec... My co workers were all very nice, many team bonding events are paid by the employer.

The working hours were reasonable, a bit of overtime close to key dates.
Clinical
clinical (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: Get experience
Cons: Burn out
BWhat is happening is that the company became robotic. The last people they care about is the client. But make the counsellor do the work which is not valued. Counsellors are paid very little and most burn out. Quality is a joke as long as you achieve the volume expected. Watch for the coworkers they will stab you.
Good Job
Disability Management Consultant for Scotia Bank (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 3, 2015
Unable to complete the required work within a working day. At the present moment, working as a case manager is not the best employment opportunity at Morneau Shepell
very supportive work environment
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: after work events
Cons: none
I felt supported in all aspects of my position. I was able to discuss - border line - claims with supervisor. I was able to gain access to my supervisor at all times
Worked alongside great colleagues
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Looked forward to going to work on a daily basis as colleagues were friendly. Learned a lot about the products and services offered by the company and they always encouraged engagement.
Good team atmosphere
Sr. Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 18, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: extremely long hours
The work is detailed and requires keeping current with changes to Benefit rules, legislation and laws. Project work can be demanding but allows for stretching and expanding one's skills and organizing the managing time efficiently. It also allows for collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
Callous and deceitful
Disability Management (Former Employee), MississaugaDecember 6, 2014
Pros: some flexibility on time
Cons: ruthless management.
I worked for FGI before it merged with shepell.
When it bought out our original company CHC dramatic changes occurred many of them nonsensical. People who had been long time employees were callously terminated. They liked playing the good cop / bad cop game whereby one would be "coaching" and the other terminating without any warning.
Expectations are unrealistic. If you have any compassion or empathy for your clients you are expected to put that aside. If not, you will be forced to quit or be fired. Beware kind folks!
Retirement Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 19, 2014
Pros: my co-workers were nice. free coffee!
Cons: long hours, low pay, management lacks competence.
My job description was nothing close to the role. There is no support for employees. Compensation is lacking and is all over the place from employee to employee. Alan Torrie and Bill Morneau are not competent leaders and the employee engagement reflects this. There's been too much growth through acquisition. I'm surprised they have so much HR consulting for other companies when they lack the policies and processes in house. Every department is short staffed and it appears to be a company strategy to save money. Great for shareholders, bad for employee morale. Senior management thinks it's great that Morneau Shepell employees are huge users of the EFAP. So sad.
Productive and fun workplace
Client Care Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Excellent colleagues to work with. Team atmosphere where everybody is willing to go the extra mile.
Average company
Financial Analyst - Bilingual (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2014
*Average Company
*Low compensation with very little increase
*Management do not treat you like an adult
*The tasks did not match the original job description. I found myself doing call center and being hooked to the phone all day long.
*Do not recommend this company
Productive and fun workplace, with fusball as a great team sport!
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great folks especially in peer groups, friendly, and fun place
Cons: stagnation on roles for years, pick-and-choose style office politics
Good work culture. Colleagues especially peers are better and nice.
Fast working environment
Accounts Receivable and Cash Applications (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
First couple of days was a little tough with a lot of information however I learned a lot from this place with 6 months contract.
Amazing place to help employees in need of support
Employee Assistance Clinical Care /Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKApril 28, 2014
Pros: assisting people in crisis providing them with support
Cons: managment
 Initially respond to crisis calls and ensure a Client Care Counselor assists client until resolution.
 Connect clients with services and referrals within their area that provides support for immediate needs.
 Manage Call Center coverage and scheduling
 Collect and analyze client eligibility based on employment contract with company.
 Detailed record keeping
 Provide information on Shepell•fgi programs and services
 Manage client/Provider escalations and resolutions
Excellent Working Atmosphere
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Excellent work atmosphere
Life/ Work Balance is easy to maintain.
Management provides support and gives you time to adapt and learn.
Professional environment, great learning experience
Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 23, 2014
I worked at Morneau Shepell for a 4 month co-op placement. It was a full time job where I learned a lot of computer skills including Microsoft Office and how to work well in a professional office environment. My co-workers varied in age, back-ground, and roles in the office, so I learned to appreciate everything that each individual contributed. I really enjoyed working in Microsoft office designing spreadsheets and drafting reports.
Intersting
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
• Managed and implement strategic relationships with key contacts from C- level prospects and third party advisors, aligning value driven goals, corporate objectives and client vision to lead prosperous partnerships.
• Championed a series of new business opportunities from conception to fruition
Client: A benevolent fund
During preliminary conversations, the client presented a concept/vision of emergency support for their members
N/a
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: lack of upward mobility
A good place to start a career. Lots of interesting and exciting people to meet.
Headquarters