Morneau Shepell Employee Reviews

Environement agréable, salaire non compétitif
Adjoint Actuariel Principal (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 June 2017
Malgré la possibilité de maintenir un équilibre entre la vie professionnelle et personnelle, les salaires sont trop bas, et les augmentations au cours des trois dernières années lamentables.
Pros
Sécurité, autonomie
Cons
Salaire, possibilité d'avancement
Great place to work for part time students
Client Services Provider (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2017
Good job overall , however poor management and not enough hours. Started off last year getting 30+ hours a week, now i am only getting 10. They also change management too, often, hard to work around.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough hours, poor management
Great place to work at
Gestionnaire de dossiers, capacités (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 June 2017
Best place I ever worked
Great work life balance
I recommend
This place yo anyone who is looking for cool workplace

Management is respectful and recognize your efforts. Provides proper tools and training
Face of Morneau Shepell
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 May 2017
A company that makes efforts to be on the cutting edge and has developed worthwhile initiatives to clients and customers. However, programs are developed and rolled out before logistics or resources are in place - often because an organizational customer has placed a demand for the program. This has resulted on stress of Morneau employees who are trying to deliver the service or build the platform for it and has generally resulted in complaints from clients and and breakdown in delivery. Excellent talent across the company. Encouragement, morale and respect between employees on the front lines (not management). Good benefits. Poor wages, below industry standards. Emphasis is on profit. Employee morale is low.

Micromanagement and hierarchical management style. Aggressive. Lack of transparency from middle management up. Consistent failure to acknowledge contributors to committees or projects, generally endorsing only certain people. Opportunities are limited - under argument of restructuring they often demote or shift people into positions that are not qualified or displace people to move someone else into that position. Very high turnover rate.
Pros
Talent across departments, comradery and support from peers, good benefits
Cons
Hierarchical management style, Micro-management, engagement is supposed to be critical but management doesn't acknowledge the contributions of people, Revenue and profit margin is the priority, upselling is pushed, raises have been only 1 to 2% max
Endroit productif
Bilingual Client Care representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 April 2017
Environnement productif, bon endroit pour travailler
Productive place to work
Short Term Disabilty Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
Flexible work environment able to work from home. and management that listens to concerns. Good people to work with. I really have nothing else to share
Productive and fun workplace
Bilingual Client Care Representative (EFAP) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2017
The culture of this company is great and everyone I work with isvery kind and helpful. The only issue I have is that, being a call center environment, it is a bit difficult to get noticed even after a year of being a great rep.
productive, enriching and fun
Marketing Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
MS is a great place to work. Friendly and helpful staff and concerned management.

People are willing to help you get settled in and help clarify grey areas you may be having
Pros
flexible work hours
Halifax Location is racist
Pension Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 February 2017
Very poor managment. They don't even know the job themselves and treat employees with favor-ism. dont bring up issues to managment because they back stab you. If you hang out with them they might end up liking you.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Weak Training process basicaly you are on your own. Good Luck!
Amazing company
case manager (Current Employee) –  mississauga1 February 2017
I enjoy my job, team and my company

One of the best companies

I am very lucky to have great colleagues and managers

The job is very rewarding and we work together as a team
Pros
work from home
Cons

Want to know more about Morneau Shepell?

Ask a question
Work like a dog, underpaid
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto1 February 2017
I have worked at Morneau for over 4 year, I did not go voluntarily it was part of the Mercer buyout. The environment is very toxic, management does not care unless there is money involved. I work like a dog, for little pay and they don't listen when you tell them there is a problem. They are understaffed, so that mean extra work and they don't expect delay in deliverables even though you are working extra.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Long hours, low pay, awful management
Friendly work culture.
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2017
It was a good working space with friendly staff and very friendly management. A typical day would involve us having a scrum meeting in the morning to delegate tasks and then we would get to work
Pros
no micro-management
Cons
poor management
Billings (Benefits) Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 December 2016
It was a good experience supporting billing, invoicing , reporting and supporting all operations involved. Also taking actions with collections; in coordination with consultants; following established procedures.
Pros
Sharing the job
Cons
When stuffing machines break down.
it could be worst
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
nothing to say about the company. need to learn how to keep valuable employees. typical day at work 9 to 5. the most enjoyable is the employees. Management giving out a lot of work.
The company needs to practice what it preaches ! Horrible place.
A little of everything (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2016
I have been with Morneau Shepell for three years .There is a severe disconnect throughout the organization from the the top right to the bottom. Your forced to do several jobs at once with no compensation or even a "thank you, good job," I'm on my second stress leave in three years because this company doesn't care about there employees they keep pushing you and pushing you until you either break or quit.
Pros
Got nothing
Cons
Stressful working conditions, to many non qualified mangers barking out orders and you have no say. Poor salary.
Super unorganizes
It (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Management never knows what you're doing... people are on Facebook the whole day. As long as you do your work no one cares
Reactive Organisation
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2016
There was not a lot of consistency or areas for growth in the department I worked for. The coworkers were great however it is clear most people were disengaged as leadership rarely solicited feedback or involved employees in decision making.
racist
Pension Analyst, Full-time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
The workload was massive for the student and both my friends and I feel racist during our working.

But it is a good place to enhance your problem-solving and time management skills since working for three teams requires you to have a strong sense of time and managers always assign special projects to you with minimum supervision.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
need to work for extra time and racist
Poor working environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2016
training consists of three days of company knowledge, with very little on how to actually do your daily tasks. Office environment is very cliquey and hostile, and extremely competitive across the company. Does not foster a team environment in anyway.
Pros
The program itself is amazing and helps people
Cons
Management, no team environment, extremely competitive
a corporate atmosphere
Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 November 2016
There was personable management with focused work. A high volume environment with always lots to be done. Nice coworkers and interesting incentives. Fast paced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morneau Shepell. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6